Diablo® III

[BUG] API Datas Update Frequency

The API data is updated only when the player leaves the game !

It is very embarrassing because we have information dating back more than one day if the user does not leave the game !

Can you update the information with the api at least every 5 minutes?

Thanks very much,
Reply Quote
And if the player quit the game client directly without leave the party, the apis datas (monster kills, elite kills...) are not updated

Thanks again,
Edited by Vlad#2147 on 4/15/2014 5:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Houston, We Have a Problem !

There are no blibli devs listening ?... It's very annoying

The API diablo is as important as the fututre features of the game (ladder and so on...) !

How you want the diablo community grow more with this actual api ? It's impossible !

Can do so quickly that the api datas is updated more frequently (at least every 5 minutes?) and with more infos (gold, rift keystones & Blood Shards collected, Nephalem Rifts & bounties completed)

We speak of the great upheavals later!

A response from you blibli would be appreciated ! We love your game but actually the API is not usable.

Thanks very much,
Reply Quote
Yes,

I totally agree with Vlad !

The api has been completely abandoned by developers: no big change on the api for 2 years!

I'm in the same situation: I have two sites and I am blocked by the limitation of the api.

The ideas are very good vlad: update information more frequently with a little more information (gold Collected ...) would be a big step!

Please blizzard, stop one day to dev new features of the game and put online a more acceptable API for us: (

Thx !
Edited by Toran#1442 on 4/16/2014 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't think the API is abandoned, we have to be patient, the more important being the correction of incorrect items and stats before having new functionalities / data.
Reply Quote
I think my requests are also urgent that the correction of incorrect itmes or stats...

Let me explain...

We just launched a site www.d3runs.com to allow gamers to make esport with diablo 3.

But we are limited by the api because the update frenquency of the datas is too long and there is a big bug : if the player quit the game client directly without leave the party, the apis datas : monster kills, elite kills...are not updated. It's not urgent ? I think if it's urgent and critical.

Others datas (gold, rift keystones & Blood Shards collected, Nephalem Rifts & bounties completed) are a bonus ! The principal thing for us is the api datas update frequency.

Pleaaaaaaaassssse blizzard, fix it ! that would be sooo epic !!!

Thanks,
Edited by Vlad#2147 on 4/17/2014 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Pulling data for every character at specific and frequent time internals is A LOT of data to move, which is why it more than likely will not happen. I do agree that they should find a way to update data when the player exits the game anyway other than completely logging out.
Reply Quote
@Vlad: OK, I understand the need, it could be a good move for D3 players wanting some competition other than loot farming and play :).
But Everix is also right because of the frequent interaction between the API server and game server, it is likely to not happened...
/pray ? :)
Edited by Tok#2360 on 4/17/2014 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Vlad, I wouldn't expect that the API will be live-updated in a future if I were you... As Everix said, it would generate a big amount of data to transfer between servers. That's not really the aim of the API, so you may have to design your service taking account of this constraint :-/

Good luck,
Edited by Lxir#2890 on 4/22/2014 5:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 11:57 AMPosted by Everix
Pulling data for every character at specific and frequent time internals is A LOT of data to move, which is why it more than likely will not happen. I do agree that they should find a way to update data when the player exits the game anyway other than completely logging out.

Lots of data ? It's a joke ? put profile information in api database every 5 minutes it is very small compared the protocolbuffer traffic with the game client !
Reply Quote
I send a sos to blizz devs...
Reply Quote
up
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 12:48 AMPosted by Tok
I don't think the API is abandoned, we have to be patient, the more important being the correction of incorrect items and stats before having new functionalities / data.

Patient? These changes/fixes take hours of actual coding work to actually fix, not months. They have all but abandoned the API except for a few days spent on expansion work. They added to it for the expansion and FULLY IGNORED all the bugs. The API is at a vastly lower priority for them for some reason than it should be.

I have no idea whats up with this either. All the API is is a link into the already finished game code that is already delivering this information to our D3 client. The info is there they just refuse to provide/fix the API; a simple task.
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 11:57 AMPosted by Everix

-.-

No. Its not. Sitting idle in ActV by the rift portal takes roughly 2KB/s down. Over 5 min thats 240KB. For being idle. Doing nothing. When you're doing rifts this jumps upto roughly 15KB/s average. 1.8MB over 5 min.

The full compressed data of all the APIs information on a character's gear (the big file) is 10KB.
Edited by Paultimate#1333 on 5/25/2014 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]