{Build} "Toads Fetish"

Nugs got me thinking about this...

I think the build would look something like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WcdUQX!eVWY!aZccbb

or Alt:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WPdUQX!TVWY!abccbb

Basic Gear needed:

Helm
Tiklandian visage (can roll up to 8 sec root)

Weapon
Rehn'ho Flayer

Mojo
Thing of the deep...the PUR and the fact that Gruesome Feast lights of like a candle :P

I suppose a mixture of % to Physical and Fire damage would be appropriate here.

The whole premise to this build is to stun lock the mob with Tiklandian visage helm and Horrify (face of death rune, that 24 yrds is epic) throw your (2x) exploding toads (with the help of Rehn'ho Flayer, while your fetish are attacking.. correct me if I'm wrong, you get 3 toads per cast, each Toad will seek out the enemy, explode twice for 245% weapon damage per explosion (490% per toad). I have seen in tight areas a room full of these damn toads, its pretty fun to see.

I suppose if you get enough toads out you can use VB, but I have found that toads proc Fetish at a ok pace.

IAS would really benefit this build as it is a fetish and free casting skill of Toads.

I am on the hunt for Rehn'ho Flayer now ;)

IDK this might be fun :P

Benefits:
Great AOE
Great Crowd Control
Great Damage
Min Mana Load (unless you recast VB a lot)

I don't have all the OP gear, but I have found with this build the following:

The De-buff of monster affixes via Addling Toads for you and your group is second to none. Most of the time you can literally stand in the middle of a fight, and not get touched :P

This build can be played very much like a Fetish build, but with the added "almost" perma confused feature.

I have had success with this skill set:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WcTUPQ!eWVT!YZbcbb

But there are variations to this, that you can play with to your liking.

I have played with % to physical and % to poison, I have found % to Physical is better as there are so many more fetish then Toads fighting for you.

Any thoughts on improvement is always welcome

Edit: Update

Using the Rhen'Ho Flayer is probably the most fun I have had in this game since launch.

I have finally completed my Zuni set. I am on the hunt for a better Rhen'Ho Flayer, the one I got did not have a socket, hence the damage is not to my liking.

Addling toads is so OP for crowd control. I was using explosive toads last night in our T5 group as we had good CC, so I wanted to see the damage output with my Mage Fist, pretty neat stuff.
This build is fully capable on T6.

It has been said before, this build is as easy as switching weapons as you would normally run in a standard Fetish build. Also stacking % to Physical would be the right choice I have found as your primary damage comes from your little buddies.

I use VB for Rift boss and isolated Elites.

I have had success with this skill set:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WcdUPQ!eWVT!aZccbb

Though probably my preferred set up would be:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WcTUPQ!eWVT!aZbcbb

BBV, fetish army is up so often with the assistance of GI that I would argue that SMK is not BIS. Even If I found a SMK, I would hesitate in switching.

The range and AOE of toads is pretty epic too.

I have worked on Toughness, HGB, and TDR on gear as that has benefited me in my survivability.

My gear progression continues and look forward to optimizing this build to its fullest.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 5/6/2014 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been considering a build like this, but need to find another Tiki Visage. I like toads a lot, though I use addling, but those probably aren't necessary with the fear and rooting.

It's a conundrum trying to figure out which skills to use and which gear, though.

I've really gotten used to using 4-pc zuni with fetishes. It's really nice to not have to worry about your fetishes dying. Fetish Army can take the place of Firebats.

For CC, I really just love P'nado. I can't remove it off my skill bar for some reason. I'd use it over SH...almost the same benefits, just for a shorter period of time (DPS, rebuff vs DPS, buff). Strongarm bracers add a good bit of damage with P'nado.

I like the idea, though
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 09:47 AMPosted by ButteryNugs
Fetish Army can take the place of Firebats.

That is a great Idea, I wish I could fit GI on passives to make that CD tick down faster, I guess if one's toughness is high enough the SV could be taken off.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 4/16/2014 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
all i have is basic gear and i found the tiks and rhen'ho and this build rips . makes it easier than my last build.

passives peirce the veil - fetish sycophants - grave injustice - vision quest

subbered out firebats for acid could
big bad voodoo for zombie dogs

playing on t1
Edited by StoveClimber#1180 on 4/16/2014 12:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd like to try this, and I got that helm out of Kadala.....but I salvaged it and haven't found one since :(. yes I kick myself in the !@# about it all the time.
Reply Quote
I really don't see a need for Thing of the Deep. I mean the PUR sounds OP, but in reality if you are using spirit walk it really doesn't make that much of a difference when you have 4-6 yard pickup radius. The globes really don't drop that far away and you are saving yourself just a fraction of a second of running to pick it up.

I would say screw replacing anything with Zombie Dogs and grab a Homunculus to summon them for you.

That way you have a little buffer between you and the enemies to sit still and cast Firebats.
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 12:50 PMPosted by commiedic
I really don't see a need for Thing of the Deep. I mean the PUR sounds OP, but in reality if you are using spirit walk it really doesn't make that much of a difference when you have 4-6 yard pickup radius

I feel the TOTD is BIS for most WD builds, especially for this particular one, there will be some movement, I feel 4-6 yrds would not be enough to pick up all the globes being thrown, ie casting VB and or casting Toads, I would also add that this build would thrive on HGB (health globe bonus) gear.

Gruesome Feast is too hard to pass up for the Damage/EHP buff you get.

Even when a WD is running fetish build, most of the time they are standing in one spot casting VB to proc fetish, so not a lot of movement there as well.
Reply Quote
Funny, i was thinking something similar to this recently. I have had a Rhenho Flayer sitting in my stash for awhile and never used it. But i have been theory crafting my build lately and making changes to it. i recently removed my bears and piranhas on the basis i can do more effective damage with other skills. i added mass confusion and have only been using acid rain as my main attack and letting fets/garg take out elites. it's working well but now im thinking im the only guy in the world with a jeram mask thats not generating fetishes. Now i'm thinking to drop MC and PTV and add syco passive and toads active and just spam acid/toads and generate fetishes and it only takes a few of them to give me a net damage increase over time so I would be crazy not to change my build i think.
Edited by DiGiTLMaN#1206 on 4/16/2014 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Good to see another frog build based on the Rhen'ho / TOTD combo. We need names for these things. Toadish?

I've been fumbling along in T1 at something along these lines for a while, so this is helpful. Since I don't have the helm I've been playing around with Pnado + Acid Rain + RoT + stacking poison dmg and spawning fetishes. If I had one I could switch to +fire +physical and be much closer to this.

I'd second Reaper's vote for the TOTD over homunculus. Grave Injustice is huge and that +20 PUR makes a big difference. Plus, the homunc dogs can't be runed, so you might as well not use them if you're not quadrupling your LoH with leech (as some of us are trying to wean ourselves from doing).
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 01:37 PMPosted by OftRepeated
We need names for these things. Toadish?

Toad Apocalypse ? :P
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 4/16/2014 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Remember the "animal cruelty" thread for TotD?
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 01:50 PMPosted by MCP
Remember the "animal cruelty" thread for TotD?

LMAO.... I do....what a world man ;/
Reply Quote
You know, as great as GF is, I really think SV might be better for this build, due to the cooldown reduction of SW and SV. I miss it on my bear build. I might swap it out and see what happens now that I have your Wraps for bracers.
Reply Quote
View profile
Or "Thing" for Toads. Get it? Fetish? (Silence). Back to day job...
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 02:03 PMPosted by ButteryNugs
You know, as great as GF is, I really think SV might be better for this build, due to the cooldown reduction of SW and SV. I miss it on my bear build. I might swap it out and see what happens now that I have your Wraps for bracers.

You can use both ;)
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 02:09 PMPosted by REAPER666
04/16/2014 02:03 PMPosted by ButteryNugs

You can use both ;)

I refuse to take GI out of my passive spot :P

With the right DPS, though, I might consider dropping FS for it, though

As for names...

Toad and 'plode
Swamp Stickers (sounds like a name for someone with a dirty V fetish :P )
Reply Quote
Ok I changes OP to "Toads Fetishes" until something better comes along :P
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 01:46 PMPosted by REAPER666
Toad Apocalypse ? :P

Toadocalypse
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 02:15 PMPosted by Drtongue
Toadocalypse

hmmm me likey
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]