Diablo® III

danetta's set + strongarms

is awesome.
unlimited vault (obviously) but the rattling roll stuns and knocks back which procs strongarms.

stun at no cost.

together it pretty much offers invincibility and great DPS inc trail of cinders damage.

just sayin'
Reply Quote
I tried those out yesterday, ended up going back to my 2H bow + quiver and Reaper's Wraps combo.

It's definitely fun to vault around and stun mobs, but not as effective in group play, where its better for me to just blast away with tons of harder hitting cluster arrows and have unlimited hatred from Reaper's.

I can see it being a great solo set though.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 06:39 AMPosted by PwrdOff
I tried those out yesterday, ended up going back to my 2H bow + quiver and Reaper's Wraps combo.

It's definitely fun to vault around and stun mobs, but not as effective in group play, where its better for me to just blast away with tons of harder hitting cluster arrows and have unlimited hatred from Reaper's.

Not as effective in group play?
Opposed to what? Your current build and skills which offer nothing but raw damage to a party?

Stun control and a party damage buff is favored IMO.

By playing aggressively with vault you no longer need reaper wraps as you can vault quickly enuf to dropped health globes.
Edited by hmk21#1716 on 4/21/2014 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Stun control and party damage buff is taken care of by a Wizard with black hole + strongarm or a Monk with cyclone strike + strongarm + exploding palm

When i'm in a group as DH, my job is to shoot things until they blow up, not vault around and scatter everything with knockback.

Different play styles. I do like the Danettas set + strong arms when I solo, like I said.
Reply Quote
When I'm in a group as DH, my job is to....

ugh.
Reply Quote
Heya Hmk. Still looking for my strong arms. Vault into everything. Did ya see my new pants? Not that good IMO. I've dropped my 2767 dps slayer for danettas set. Truly fun!!!!
Reply Quote
thats it.
we need to loot our own prides fall.... and with our dual danetta setup, it couldn't be any faster.
Reply Quote
Let's do this!!!! Cya in game tmw champ! And I still owe you a slayer!
Reply Quote
View profile
The Rattling Roll(Danetta's or not) rune became super annoying to me on how it scatters the monsters around. It can ruin a perfectly good clump. I was using Strongarms + Rattling Roll to beef up Knives Expert in 2.0, so I wouldn't get killed going in, but the knockback kept pushing monsters out of range.

Also, when playing with some people that use Danetta's set, all they do is scatter the monsters around and aggro the entire map. If I was playing HC, I wouldn't want to play with a Danetta's DH, because they can piss the whole map off and escape faster with less resource drain, than everyone else in the party - reminiscent of vanilla DT/WW Barb.

So, on large groups it's kind of annoying, but isolated monsters I liked using it quite a bit. And, players that run the Danetta's set in party could use a little more self control.

Against bosses it's a top choice for interrupts, too. And, you can even save some players that might be about to get smashed by a mallet lord or something.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:34 AMPosted by ActionKungfu
The Rattling Roll(Danetta's or not) rune became super annoying to me on how it scatters the monsters around. It can ruin a perfectly good clump. I was using Strongarms + Rattling Roll to beef up Knives Expert in 2.0, so I wouldn't get killed going in, but the knockback kept pushing monsters out of range.

Also, when playing with some people that use Danetta's set, all they do is scatter the monsters around and aggro the entire map. If I was playing HC, I wouldn't want to play with a Danetta's DH, because they can piss the whole map off and escape faster with less resource drain, than everyone else in the party - reminiscent of vanilla DT/WW Barb.

So, on large groups it's kind of annoying, but isolated monsters I liked using it quite a bit. And, players that run the Danetta's set in party could use a little more self control.

Against bosses it's a top choice for interrupts, too. And, you can even save some players that might be about to get smashed by a mallet lord or something.

AKF that's exactly been my experience. Rattling roll scatters all the monsters that the monk (cyclone strike), wiz (black hole) or wd (pirhanado) just clumped up.

It is very, very nice against rift bosses and act bosses like malthael.

Overall, I consider it a luxury to have these choices!
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:44 AMPosted by PwrdOff
Rattling roll scatters all the monsters that the monk (cyclone strike), wiz (black hole) or wd (pirhanado) just clumped up.

Of course it will if you choose to play like that... but I too play with a cyclone monk with strongarms... i go in first to proc dps/stun, he follows up with cyclone to proc even more an dps, together with exp palm and cluster everything's gone.

04/21/2014 10:34 AMPosted by ActionKungfu
players that run the Danetta's set in party could use a little more self control.

This exactly. The idea is control and add party damage not to piss of teammates as WW barbs once did. As your example with a mallet lord, battlefield awareness is key.
Edited by hmk21#1716 on 4/21/2014 11:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Does the Strong Arm effect stack if both players have it? If not, why not just let the monk wear it and pull while you shoot?
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 11:08 AMPosted by PwrdOff
Does the Strong Arm effect stack if both players have it

if i knockback, it procs mine.
it he knocksback, it procs his.

so yes.... the way we play together it stacks. extra 40% dps, yes please.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 11:05 AMPosted by hmk21
i go in first to proc dps/stun, he follows up with cyclone to proc even more an dps, together with exp palm and cluster everything's gone.

this synergy and additional dps has jumped us to t5; easy mode.
Edited by hmk21#1716 on 4/21/2014 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Unless you're telling me strongarm bracers stack where your 30% would stack with the monk's 30%. (I don't know if they do or not)

the effect is applied as a debuff, so yes its happening when I knockback, and he cyclones in (knockback)

the debuff is being applied twice.
Reply Quote
That's pretty incredible then. I wonder if other debuffs stack similarly then, like Wizard's cold blooded and elemental exposure passives.

To be fair the people I play with are not organized enough to pull off that type of combo. It might be better if I equipped a windforce and strong arm to constantly apply the debuff then.

Cool stuff!
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 09:49 AMPosted by hmk21
When I'm in a group as DH, my job is to....

ugh.

04/21/2014 11:05 AMPosted by hmk21
04/21/2014 10:44 AMPosted by PwrdOff
Rattling roll scatters all the monsters that the monk (cyclone strike), wiz (black hole) or wd (pirhanado) just clumped up.

Of course it will if you choose to play like that... but I too play with a cyclone monk with strongarms... i go in first to proc dps/stun, he follows up with cyclone to proc even more an dps, together with exp palm and cluster everything's gone.

You were rolling your eyes at the guy saying DH might have to contrain their playstyles to better suit group play, like we're too good for that or something. Then you say how this Rattling Roll thing essentially needs you to likewise choreograph a precise order of abilities for it not to cause a mess (and are you going to teach every monk you end up playing with or do you only play with one guy all the time). I don't see how that's any different.

Just saying, we all have to make compromises when we play in groups.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 4/21/2014 12:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Try action shot rune for vault. Arrows from vault stuns from distance no need to jump into mobs :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]