Diablo® III

danetta's set + strongarms

04/21/2014 11:23 AMPosted by hmk21
the debuff is being applied twice.

04/21/2014 11:36 AMPosted by PwrdOff
That's pretty incredible then

now you have me questioning my own statement.
i'll update once confirmed... as it may be too good to be true. xD
Reply Quote
Well i hope its true. Gonna give everyone in my group strong arms if thats the case xD

Black hole
Cyclone strike
Piranado
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 11:45 AMPosted by Coler
Try action shot rune for vault. Arrows from vault stuns from distance no need to jump into mobs :)

Is this for real?

This just keeps getting better and better... OMG

Action shot + Danettas + Strong arm GG
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 11:41 AMPosted by Myon
You were rolling your eyes at the guy saying DH might have to contrain their playstyles to better suit group play

i ughed at a class specific 'jobs'... as its a limited way to think.
Reply Quote
Try action shot rune for vault. Arrows from vault stuns from distance no need to jump into mobs :)

hmmm
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 11:49 AMPosted by PwrdOff

Is this for real?

This just keeps getting better and better... OMG

Action shot + Danettas + Strong arm GG

Are you sure it works like that? I just tried it for myself and no bueno :(
Reply Quote
Check my combo on my profile..
I'm using Windforce + Strongarm
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 12:45 PMPosted by KittyzOr

windforce doesn't even proc strongarm.

last i checked, the fan of knives rune and stampede are bugged as well. So rattling roll is pretty much the only way to get the buff as DH.
Reply Quote
and FYI, you can control the knockback quite easily as well to cluster enemy's... vault around the outside of them... i prefer a clockwise direction keeping the mob slighlty to my right to create a diamond/square shape and end up back where you started.

there they sit, clumped and stunned... taking strongarm damage. ready for your cluster.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 01:42 PMPosted by TianZi

last i checked, the fan of knives rune and stampede are bugged as well. So rattling roll is pretty much the only way to get the buff as DH.

Well that explains why my Strongarms always felt like they did nothing when I used them with Windforce or Stampede.

I should dust off my pair and try them with Danetta's. I believe the Strongarms bonus is additive with the bonus from Hexing Pants though (they're both "skill damage", yes?) so it might not be as dramatic a boost as it is for others.
Reply Quote

wtf.. so am I being foolish thiking it works? =( thanks for your advice btw
Reply Quote
04/20/2014 11:52 PMPosted by hmk21
is awesome.
unlimited vault (obviously) but the rattling roll stuns and knocks back which procs strongarms.

stun at no cost.

together it pretty much offers invincibility and great DPS inc trail of cinders damage.

just sayin'

The best thing about Danetta's is the survivability and mobility you gain from it. You are invincible during the animation of vault and it also allows you to re-position yourself and makes it extremely to have distance between you are your enemies. Also if you are using a cindercoat and use the fire rune with vault it is basically free and is spammable. The knockback with strongarms is really minuscule in the grand scheme of things.

I can sacrifice a lot of toughness just because of infinite spammable vaults
Edited by Agi#1231 on 4/22/2014 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 03:01 PMPosted by Agi
The knockback with strongarms is really minuscule in the grand scheme of things.

minuscule
how so? a perfect strongarm would add 30% damage to all party members.
Reply Quote
I've got a 48%+ WF sitting in the bank. I hope they fix it with Strongarms.

Unfortunately my Strongarms are only 20%.... otherwise I'd considering using them with Danetta's. Running a non-fire CA build I really need those Reapers Wraps though....
Reply Quote

The best thing about Danetta's is the survivability and mobility you gain from it. You are invincible during the animation of vault and it also allows you to re-position yourself and makes it extremely to have distance between you are your enemies.

This is pretty key. When I get trapped by wallers I just spam my free Vault in place as a sort of poor man's Smokescreen. Looks goofy but it cuts down a lot of damage.
Reply Quote
Tried this when I got my Danetta's Set, but I had to sacrifice too much DPS to get it working right. My CA + Magefist + Cindercoat + Reaver's Wraps was too much +% damage not to use. Interesting build, but right now I prefer the Big Bang.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 03:33 PMPosted by Merlin
I've got a 48%+ WF sitting in the bank. I hope they fix it with Strongarms.

Unfortunately my Strongarms are only 20%.... otherwise I'd considering using them with Danetta's. Running a non-fire CA build I really need those Reapers Wraps though....

I have a 30% 6crit/fire strongarms, and use the FoK stun/knockback in my regular build. Losing 30% damage for free :(
Reply Quote
i swore by this combo but gave up my danettas set as augs + nats slayer > danettas + strongarm.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 02:29 PMPosted by Discobird

Well that explains why my Strongarms always felt like they did nothing when I used them with Windforce or Stampede.

I should dust off my pair and try them with Danetta's. I believe the Strongarms bonus is additive with the bonus from Hexing Pants though (they're both "skill damage", yes?) so it might not be as dramatic a boost as it is for others.

No, not additive. Strongarms debuff enemies. Hexing pants buff you.
Reply Quote
Kamikaze build!!! Let's call it that hmk.... BirdZ said that when I vault into elites and die lol. But I love the aggressive game play....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]