Diablo® III

Hacked Toons from PS3 to PS4?

How will this be handled?

How will hacked items be stopped from PS3 to PS4 game saves?
Reply Quote
The only current solution - make legit friends.
Reply Quote
wow really? So hacked items are going to be all over ps4?
Reply Quote
yep but odds are they will be BoA since all the legendary item now on the pc are, so i am guessing the same thing will happen with the ps3. so only they will have them. no one else.
Reply Quote
Transfer has been mentioned, but who knows if its actually going to happen.

Maybe Blizz will not provide PS3 -> PS4 transfer to keep hacked items off, but thats also a who knows.

Maybe Blizz doesn't even care, since they haven't shared with anyone if they have a feasible way to prevent items from being hacked.

And if they can't, that probably means no Seasons on the PS4 version.

IMO, if they couldn't stop PS3 item hacking, they can't stop PS4 item hacking, only way to do it is to require always online connection so that items/data is saved on their servers and scrubbed through for hacks.

But the chance of them adding online only for a platform outside of their control (PSN) is not likely.

My money says they won't bother fixing hacked items and we will just have to form the legit community ourselves and hope people like kitty are blacklisted by all.
Reply Quote
4 Human Warlock
04/21/2014 12:18 PMPosted by Daygone
yep but odds are they will be BoA since all the legendary item now on the pc are, so i am guessing the same thing will happen with the ps3. so only they will have them. no one else.

Legacy items(level 60 items you bring with you into ROS) are not account bound on PC. Only stuff you actually pick up in ROS will be account bound. However, enchanting any item, legacy or not, will bind that item on account.

In other words, hacked gear brought into ROS, from PS3 will most likely not be BOA.

EDIT: Actually I forgot because I haven't had any legacy gear in quite awhile on PC, but you can't enchant legacy gear anyway so that aspect of it doesn't even matter.
Edited by Tulsalock on 4/21/2014 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ah i have not heard that, from what i heard, every legendary item would be BoA but since i started on pc with just d3 and go ros a bit later i really dont remember before i had got ros if they had been boa or not,
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
04/21/2014 01:13 PMPosted by Tulsalock
04/21/2014 12:18 PMPosted by Daygone

Legacy items(level 60 items you bring with you into ROS) are not account bound on PC. Only stuff you actually pick up in ROS will be account bound. However, enchanting any item, legacy or not, will bind that item on account.

In other words, hacked gear brought into ROS, from PS3 will most likely not be BOA.

EDIT: Actually I forgot because I haven't had any legacy gear in quite awhile on PC, but you can't enchant legacy gear anyway so that aspect of it doesn't even matter.

Hacked or Legit any gear you picked up prior to going into ROS will not be account bound. So you can't use binding as a way to filter out hacked items..
Edited by Leotharas#1952 on 4/21/2014 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I really don't see how they intend to stop this. The only way I can see would be to go to an always online model like the PC version and store your character in the cloud. But that's not realistic on consoles yet IMO. And if you think BoA on legendaries will stop them, you're sadly mistaken. My guess is that modders would pick a rare item instead of a legendary to mod and spread around. It's just like performance enhancing drugs, there's a push / pull between the testers and the drug companies that provide PEDs to athletes. Same thing here between Blizzard and the people that hack/mod items.

My take is and always has been that everyone pays $60 for the game, they have the right to play it how they want. I just don't want to play public games with people with modded gear, I don't really see the point and most who do this get bored and quit after a couple of weeks anyway. Unless the characters and gear are stored in the cloud and not locally, hacked and modded items will be there. Fortunately for me, I mostly prefer to play alone or with a few select friends that all play legit, so this isn't really an issue for me.

My question to anyone complaining about modded/hacked items would be, would you be willing to sacrifice the ability to play offline for getting rid of hacked/modded items ?
Reply Quote
I've probably mentioned this in another thread but it would be nice to see them implement some sort of fix that Gearbox did with Borderlands 2 where they were able to 'fix' modded weapons by having the game detect items that could not legitimately spawn and delete them - poof. Bye bye.

No, this doesn't stop people modding legitimate weapons and it doesn't stop duping. BOA can certainly put a dent in duping.

Personally, I'm fine with all self-found (or group found) gear as all of my stuff is on the PS3 and obviously is on the PC. However, that doesn't mean I don't like trading mostly as a pay-it-forward type thing since I tend to play a fair bit more than some friends of mine and I'd like to be able to pass stuff that I come across that I can't use but maybe they could. My humble opinion is that BOA is right in line with the whole 'cutting off one's nose to spite their face' but that's also coming from someone who pretty much never joins a public game.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Why **** do you care about duped items?

Leave a public game if you are playing with people like that, or play with friends. It is within your control to choose who you play with.

Quit putting the responsibility on someone else when it is YOURS.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 05:22 PMPosted by Kenshín
Why **** do you care about duped items?

Leave a public game if you are playing with people like that, or play with friends. It is within your control to choose who you play with.

Quit putting the responsibility on someone else when it is YOURS.

Dude get your elitest !@# out of here. The guy who started this thread has a legit concern for the PS4 ecosystem because we don't want it tainted by this hacked/modded BS. And your telling him that its his problem? Wow. And youre basically saying to just ignore it and forget that its there cuz that will TOTALLY solve the problem... To hell with him for giving a damn about keeping a game fair and wanting the ecosystem to free of hackers? Why did you even bother posting in this thread?
Reply Quote
My guess is they will implement some mechanism that will revert all modded gear to defaults or only allow import of your bare characters and provide a set of free gear that matches your level. It is optional, so they can do a few things to eliminate the modded gear. I hope that stuff doesn't get into the PS4 edition personally.
Reply Quote
04/24/2014 02:20 AMPosted by Joseph
My guess is they will implement some mechanism that will revert all modded gear to defaults or only allow import of your bare characters and provide a set of free gear that matches your level. It is optional, so they can do a few things to eliminate the modded gear. I hope that stuff doesn't get into the PS4 edition personally.

That makes two of us.
Reply Quote
Hello Guys,
I've found that we can report players with hacked items. The best way to do this is to make some short video record(easy on ps4) with gear inspect.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Sony-PS4-and-Online-Multiplayer-Cheaters/td-p/41449511

First offense with a video report - 2 Week Ban from the PSN
Second offense with a video report - 1 month Ban from the PSN ( Mac address ban from the PSN )
Third offense with a video report - Permanent Ban, Mac address Ban.. ( more money for Sony as the cheater has to buy a new PS4 and create a new PSN account ).

So, if you joining or someone joins you with hacked items(this is infuriates!) just ruining the game!
As you can see - 3rd ban is permanent ban of ps4 console. If all of us would start to report this players - situation could be fixed a bit!

P.S. For those who using hacked items - Just don't play multiplayer, and you would be able to enjoy the game alone with modded items, otherwise you would be banned.
Reply Quote
Probably would have a better thing to post as a new post instead of necroing a 9 month old topic.
Reply Quote
Too many cheaters and they're not going to fix it. I had to delete my save file cause they ruined my plvl.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]