Diablo® III

brand spankin new level 70 barb, so lost

well i had some hand me down gear ready so im not toooo bad in the gear department... but i basically wonder if someone could recommend me a build/passives for getting started... would greatly greatly appreciate it!!!

and these god forsaken pants wont roll 2 sockets >< rift to rift just gathering the crystals to try rerolling for a while now :P
Reply Quote
off to sleep.. bump..

will check back in the morning.. thanks for anyone who takes the time to read and try and help me!!!!
Reply Quote
Hey man, if you're on NA servers hit me up! I'll show you the ropes.

But basically to start out... change your seismic slam to Whirlwind, wind shear ( i think thats what its called, the lightning one that generates fury per enemy hit). Change avalanche to WOTB. Change leap to HOTA the lightning one whatever its called. Change animosity to Weapon master. If u need more survivability change ruthless / rampage to bloodthirst / superstition. You can play around with the last two to suit your needs.

frenzy left click, WW right click, and hota 1 or 2 is what i'd suggest. Use WW for 3+ enemies, otherwise stick to frenzy for fury generation. Also possibly change impunity for invigorate unless you're doing torment 2/3 or higher.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 01:03 AMPosted by Rizian
Hey man, if you're on NA servers hit me up! I'll show you the ropes.

But basically to start out... change your seismic slam to Whirlwind, wind shear ( i think thats what its called, the lightning one that generates fury per enemy hit). Change avalanche to WOTB. Change leap to HOTA the lightning one whatever its called. Change animosity to Weapon master. If u need more survivability change ruthless / rampage to bloodthirst / superstition. You can play around with the last two to suit your needs.

frenzy left click, WW right click, and hota 1 or 2 is what i'd suggest. Use WW for 3+ enemies, otherwise stick to frenzy for fury generation. Also possibly change impunity for invigorate unless you're doing torment 2/3 or higher.

thanks a lot for replying just not headin off to bed.. got caught up reading all the stuff around here.. i will add you up tomorrow when i get on thanks for being so nice and taking the time to post/help me!!

i do really want to do a lightning build, i see thats what you are rollin with so thats cool!

so basically would be generating fury with WW/Frenzy.. dumping it with HOTA.... and WoTB for elite packs..

Leap really not worth it huh? was kinda excited when i got the Lut Socks too haha.

and i have been jumping right into t2/3 public rifts so far :)
Reply Quote
No worries man!

Haha yeah leaps not the greatest... but those luts would be real nice if u get wieght of the earth set... earthquakes everywhere!
Reply Quote
ill be sure to give the build a try thanks!!

in your opinion where should i focus my gambling? been trying to find a better helmet so far... but should i instead maybe go belt for a thundergods?
Reply Quote
I'm gonna be honest. If you really want to play a barb then stick with lightning. At least you'll be able to do T4 efficiently. If your ideal build is fire/EQ barb I would take a step back because I feel like there's gonna be an incoming nerf. One of the blue posted in the thread "WW is toooo weak..." and his reply seems to imply that there's a dramatic change for elemental skills. However, if you're still up for fire barb then take a look at my build.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 09:25 AMPosted by NoobStick
I'm gonna be honest. If you really want to play a barb then stick with lightning. At least you'll be able to do T4 efficiently. If your ideal build is fire/EQ barb I would take a step back because I feel like there's gonna be an incoming nerf. One of the blue posted in the thread "WW is toooo weak..." and his reply seems to imply that there's a dramatic change for elemental skills. However, if you're still up for fire barb then take a look at my build.

thanks for the words of advice... i like lightning.. only the 2nd day with my barb at 70 now... i just dont have any +lightning gear... and these damn pants still wont roll 2 sockets... so i have some optimizing to do...

also to both of you who replied and to all

reading alot.. whats better weapon throw or frenzy?? i sorta like that if im low on hp and waiting for a potion to come back i can still do some damage from distance with weapon throw.. but when my gear is better and i can take more punishment is frenzy going to be better?

i think i really need to pick up resistance in some more places.. got unlucky with secondary resistance rolls on some pieces keeping me from getting all resistance
Reply Quote
gear has come a long way the build you recommended works greeat thanks rizian.

only change i have made is i usually sub out WoTB till i gotta fight the rift boss and keep leap for mobility. jumpin out of tight spaces and whatnot... really liking it though appreciate the help!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]