Diablo® III

Vote Kick System needs overhaul

(Locked)

People are abusing the Vote kick system to get free bounty caches because of the restrictions on the kick system.

Generally every couple of games I get an AFK guy trying to get a free cache.

It's feasible because you can only kick so many people and the timers on when you're allowed to first kick someone normally doesn't end until 3 people can split kill 5 bounties.

Today I joined a game, did a bounty, noticed there were 3 AFKer's in the Survivors Enclave and was forced to leave.

The AFK Kick System needs to allow kicks earlier and more frequently. I know Blizzard was originally afraid people would abuse it and kick too often, but the opposite has happened and the restrictions have encouraged people (possibly even simple bots) to go into a game, sit afk in town and get free caches without fear of removal from the kick system.
Edited by Kopav#1629 on 4/24/2014 5:24 AM PDT
I agree.

I have noticed without having even vote kicked anyone in several hours I am not even able to VK someone because they are at the stash or go into an area with no mobs and idle.

Blizzard. Please give use more vote kicks and enable the ability to vote kick people wherever they are or whatever they are doing.
I have encountered this on almost every bounty run i've joined. We think the person is AFK but he/she is waiting until we finish so he can turn in to Tyrael.

My suggestion is not to increase the number of kicks but to have the kicks mean something. Perhaps after 5-10 kicks, person kicked cannot join a public game for 24 hours.
04/24/2014 05:51 AMPosted by Mrpeeng
I have encountered this on almost every bounty run i've joined. We think the person is AFK but he/she is waiting until we finish so he can turn in to Tyrael.

My suggestion is not to increase the number of kicks but to have the kicks mean something. Perhaps after 5-10 kicks, person kicked cannot join a public game for 24 hours.

This would not work. The people doing this are more likely the ones who are creating the games and opening them to public. You would also have to grey out the open to public game or just do an entire 24 hour ban. I doubt blizzard would do all of that.

It would be much easier for them to buff vote kicking.

I agree however one the philosophy that the consequences need to be increased.
Blizzard Employee
I’ve seen several threads concerned with the Vote Kick system recently, and I’ve got some news to share with you about it.

We’ve recently taken some time to reevaluate how Vote Kick was working and agree that it does have some problems in its current iteration. Public games (and private games too) have changed since Reaper of Souls launched, so the Vote Kick system definitely deserves a little attention to make sure that it still provides value to players, rather than being an inconvenience or a hindrance to group gameplay.

To assist with that, we’re removing some of the restrictions on when players can be Vote Kicked from a group (including the restriction that Vote Kick could only be used in public games), as well as reducing some of the cooldowns that trigger after a successful Vote Kick has occurred. The goal of these changes is to give multiplayer groups a bit more control over their party, while still preventing abuse of the system. We're currently on track to have these updates ready for an upcoming patch, but we don’t have an ETA to share at this point.
Edited by Lylirra on 4/25/2014 7:11 PM PDT
Please make it so we can vote kick someone who is in their stash or has their inventory open.
People do this to intentionally AFK without being subject to the tools available to deal with their behavior.

Often, people zone into a bounty area and then then just sit on the waypoint with their inventory open. So that the rest don't realize that they aren't really doing the bounty, and that when they get to that zone help finish, they have no way of kicking that person.
Edited by Wootah#1425 on 4/25/2014 6:39 PM PDT
Hope they fix the bug that 100% prevent the option to vote kick players.
It always annoyed me that once you start a boss and the 45 second timer starts for all players to accept you cannot vote kick an afk player. You are then forced to wait...
04/25/2014 05:15 PMPosted by Grimiku
I’ve seen several threads concerned with the Vote Kick system recently, and I’ve got some news to share with you about it.

We’ve recently taken some time to reevaluate how Vote Kick was working and agree that it does have some problems in its current iteration. Public games (and private games too) have changed since Reaper of Souls launched, so the Vote Kick system definitely deserves a little attention to make sure that it still provides value to players, rather than being an inconvenience or a hindrance to group gameplay.

To assist with that, we’re removing some of the restrictions on when players can be Vote Kicked from a group (including the restriction that Vote Kick could only be used in public games), as well as reducing some of the cooldowns that trigger after a successful Vote Kick has occurred. The goal of these changes is to give multiplayer groups a bit more control over their party, while still preventing abuse of the system. We're currently on track to have these updates ready for an upcoming patch, but we don’t have an ETA to share at this point.

awesome, more great news. so far so good. these will alleviate some of the rage i push on the forumns !!!
View profile

You could give a LOT more freedom for vote kicking SPECIFICALLY AFK or botting players by simply prompting the player being kicked to do something with a timelimit when "kick player for AFK/botting". If its being abused against a non afk/bot, the normal, active player will simply comply with the prompt and move on.
04/25/2014 07:34 PMPosted by PCDEC
It always annoyed me that once you start a boss and the 45 second timer starts for all players to accept you cannot vote kick an afk player. You are then forced to wait...

If a player doesn't accept then they should automatically be kicked. Also anyone idle for more than 5Min should be auto-kicked too.
Their vote kick system makes absolutely no sense.

I've joined a game and began killing mobs in a bounty run, but instantly got vote kicked, but I myself couldn't vote kick all the AFK'ers I've encounterd even when they never voted on a boss.

This is the usual fustration with Blizz they never really understands their own gamemechanics.
this is precisly the reason why i stoped playing public games totally!

i only play with friend just because of this. to many people trying to get free cache's, to many players that don't wanna spend rift keys and are just leeching rifts, to many players that join high torments with weak characters to leech through higher content. (i don't even find those people noobs, we all have been on this point, but you shouldn't be in a t4 game with 150k dps, sorry)
and we can't do anything about it because of the limited kick system

please blizzard, do something about this, cause for me there is no public game mode anymore, only solo and friends parties, which i kinda find sad, cause i used to love public games in d3 vanilla :)
Edited by Visione#2846 on 4/25/2014 8:00 PM PDT
View profile
Yeah public games are really frustrating I get on average 1 AFK'r and can't do anything about it.

He gets free caches. I know Blizzard is adamant about players abusing their game systems. This is technically cheating the system, and these actions have effects on only players who want to split farm bounties efficiently.

Hotfix please.
The only time I get kicked, is when I am a host and 2 friends kick me after I open a rift. Third player if there is usually a random who just goes with the crowd.

I bet those 2 friends then kick the random so they can make room for a 4th friend after the third joins.

Kind of silly really. I am talking with 5 minutes into creating the game waiting for players to join and this happens regularly.

TL;DR, just remove the Rift Key/Fragment requirement and make opening Rift free.
If you want to improve public games you need to make it so you can kick people who have their inventory open, people are currently allowed to leech with impunity.
we don’t have an ETA to share at this point.
OH MY F&!#@^% GOD. Tell us when you are going to fix easy S%#! like this. I have no idea how to make video games, but I'm sure after 24 hours, I could change the fact you can't kick people for no reason. By the way, does anyone know why certain people randomly can't be kicked?
04/25/2014 10:25 PMPosted by IB6UB9
By the way, does anyone know why certain people randomly can't be kicked?

Yes, it has been mentioned multiple times in this thread.
I really hope this gets fixed.

I've started farming normal act1 and I can't believe how many AFKers there are.
This can be called as cheating. (making other players farm and getting the reward for free)

Please add "Cheating" to the report player option.
I've had to use different options to report people like these, because you don't have an option to report players for cheating.

Thx.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]