Diablo® III

[Crash Report] Game crashes when...

I have been experiencing some crashes lately where the game suddenly just stops responding which results in me having to shut it down. I am getting these crashes when/at:

- Loading screen (joining a game)
- After loading screen (at spawn)
- Every portal

Do we know anything about these?
Edited by HydrA#2543 on 4/24/2014 5:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem. For me the freezes occur only at loading screens (entering game & portals) the freezes are more common in games with other players.
I am unable to cmd+tab out of game, as a result I need to force shut down the whole computer. not nice. These crashes happen about once/hour of gaming. No problems in vanilla. Any tips,fixes?
Reply Quote
Same here. Only fix for me is to force quit Diablo and relaunch it. It usually happens on loading screens once already in the game during portals to various places.
Reply Quote
04/24/2014 07:34 AMPosted by Volwrath
Same here. Only fix for me is to force quit Diablo and relaunch it. It usually happens on loading screens once already in the game during portals to various places.

Time to ask a beginner question, but how do you force quit from the freeze :o Only solution I have found if to shut down the computer (via power button) and that is probably an even bigger problem than the game freezing
Reply Quote
Time to ask a beginner question, but how do you force quit from the freeze :o Only solution I have found if to shut down the computer (via power button) and that is probably an even bigger problem than the game freezing

Hold Command and Option and hit Escape.

I'm getting these freezes as well. It's making it very difficult to do rifts.
Edited by Deadstar#1403 on 4/24/2014 6:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
this problem is really starting to bug me. I don't know if it got worse with the game downloading the upcoming patch, but I just played two public games, and immediately crashed in both. What's worse is that because nobody ever wants to use their keystones, I usually just open the rifts, to make it quick... so open rift -> quit. great... If blizz would like to improve public games, one thing to do would be to enable reclosing a game (ie. lock it after people have entered) in this way if you crash, you could re-enter the game... I was forced to quit a game that froze, and this was after we killed rift boss and I had to sell to make room for the stuff on the ground... so back to solo mode I guess. Tired of this crap
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]