Diablo® III

Garwulf - 3x retarded wolves

Hi, are you also finding the AI of triple wolves very retarded? They seem to be stuck quite often or not attacking what you would like them to attack. Share your thoughts.
Reply Quote
Yes, the third wolf has issues that I see being fixed in a future patch.
I stopped running garwulf as it's the poor man's version of the marauder set bonus.
It works extremely well with a pure pet build/physical but honestly if you have the marauders set you're good to go without the garwulf and use another set chest armor if you have one.

just my personal preference.
Reply Quote
I actually like the garwulf and prefer running the 3x wolves over the 4pc mauraders. While yes, the 3rd wolf can use some..... attention to put it nicely, when a battle happens, he generally "teleports" to the others in battle and becomes useful.

I do feel that the AI could be improved a little, however in my experience, I find that running a spec that allows for really good crowd control allows the wolves to deal their damage more often, rather than having to scatter, reposition and then start dealing damage once again which inevitably results in a dps loss. Once one gets use to getting around the issues, they really become a viable asset, granted one builds around it.

I personally wouldn't trade a garwulf cloak for any other chest piece if I'm wanting to maximize my damage potential through the use of the physical element.
Reply Quote
The habit the wolves have to omnom some goblin meat from the other side of the screen is something I'd like to see fixed, too. Usually have to hope they're distracted by something else as I discover them so I can call friends over if they're not already there.
Reply Quote
Try vaulting away from the fight when you want to regroup/teleport your pets to you and focus their damage on the mob thats attacking you.
Reply Quote
yup...i got this problem too.....so decided to keep that garwolf in the stash...while they fix it
Reply Quote
05/10/2014 02:02 AMPosted by Saidosha
The habit the wolves have to omnom some goblin meat from the other side of the screen is something I'd like to see fixed, too. Usually have to hope they're distracted by something else as I discover them so I can call friends over if they're not already there.

Can't blame them if they find goblin meat vastly tastier than demon meat or rotten zombie flesh, right..? :P
Reply Quote
05/10/2014 02:02 AMPosted by Saidosha

This would be nice if Blizzard either changed pet AI to work like a 'defensive stance' from WoW, or just allow us to set the pets to that mode or 'passive' or 'aggressive' so we have some semblance of control over them. Would keep them from constantly running off, aggroing things they don't need to, or going after goblins while you might be waiting for cooldowns to come up or friends to come over to help you beat the goblin up.
Reply Quote
My screen is kind enough to just tell me 2 wolves total, I have Garwulf and 4pc Marauders. So at least it just admits that third wolf is a non-starter.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure how wonky the AI is, but I've been using Garwulf for a while and having an army of wolves makes me feel powerful.
Reply Quote
05/10/2014 09:58 AMPosted by Dewrem
My screen is kind enough to just tell me 2 wolves total, I have Garwulf and 4pc Marauders. So at least it just admits that third wolf is a non-starter.

Haha. Last line really made me lol
Reply Quote
A friend of mine with higher dps tested this out. Pet battles. And I have low toughness btw, maras beat garwulf. Lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]