Diablo® III

Get shards on Master, spend in T6? - Blue Respond

Are shards tied to the level they dropped in? I can't find anything about this. I'm sure this won't work, just wanted confirmation.
Reply Quote
i sure hope it doesnt work like that
Reply Quote
They are simply shards not bound to a difficulty. Does Kadala have a higher chance in higher torments is the question? I believe that is a no.
Reply Quote
Shards are just currency. Like gold. You can get it in any difficulty and use them in a higher difficulty. And Kadala is like any vendor. She doesnt offer you better stuff just because you are in a higher difficulty. All difficulty is supposed to do is give you more shards to buy more stuff.
Reply Quote
After the mistake they did on cache I doubt they will make the same mistake.
Reply Quote
I'm only asking because Kadala can now drop Torment Only / Set items. Get shards in master(double shard drops), spend in Torment for Set Items and Torment Only Legendaries.
Edited by TexasTodd#1245 on 5/13/2014 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They could divide currencies into two different groups.

Rifts in master and below yield blood shards.
Rifts in Torment 1+ yield pus shards.

Spending pus shards allows the drop of Torment Legendaries. Simple. Like Justice and Valor Points in WoW.

Another approach could be grouping blood shards by type. And the types being assigned to difficulty levels. AB blood shards would yield better Legendaries than O- blood shards for example.
Reply Quote
"double" shard drops mean double of normal..so instead of 5 you get like 10? T6 you get 100 shards now. If you're doing rifts on anything below t1 you're wasting your time anyway.
Reply Quote
My interpretation is that spending shards can result in Torment-only loot, regardless of the difficulty.
Ie, Kadala's loot table now includes Torment only items.
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 01:33 PMPosted by TexasTodd
Are shards tied to the level they dropped in? I can't find anything about this. I'm sure this won't work, just wanted confirmation.

Difficulty level has nothing to do with what you can gamble.

Only your current character level affects what you can gamble for.

EDIT - unless this changed in the last patch...?
Edited by Scourge#1319 on 5/13/2014 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 01:58 PMPosted by TexasTodd
I'm only asking because Kadala can now drop Torment Only / Set items. Get shards in master(double shard drops), spend in Torment for Set Items and Torment Only Legendaries.

Kadala has a chance to drop Torment legs no matter what level game you are in.
Number of shards you receive depends on what difficulty game you are in...
Jeese all this is in the patch notes
Reply Quote
If you are "shard farming" then yes you will want to do this on Master as it is very easy difficulty and you get double shards. Spending them at Kadala makes no difference in difficulty. She will drop the Torment only gear, potentially, whether you get 5 shards from normal or 50 from T6.

So to recap for the slow ones.

Shard Farming = Master difficulty for double shards at easy difficulty. Kadala doesnt care where you get them, she's just a money grubbing ho

Cache farming for "increased chance" at Legendaries = T2 or higher.

T1 is still the same as normal when it comes to Horadric Caches.
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 02:02 PMPosted by Corbent
They could divide currencies into two different groups.

Rifts in master and below yield blood shards.
Rifts in Torment 1+ yield pus shards.

Spending pus shards allows the drop of Torment Legendaries. Simple. Like Justice and Valor Points in WoW.

Another approach could be grouping blood shards by type. And the types being assigned to difficulty levels. AB blood shards would yield better Legendaries than O- blood shards for example.

lmao

10/10
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 02:04 PMPosted by Agency
My interpretation is that spending shards can result in Torment-only loot, regardless of the difficulty.
Ie, Kadala's loot table now includes Torment only items.

Yeah, pretty sure that's a given.

There's nothing unusual about this. Yeah you can farm Master@70 or jump through hoops to make a level 1 game and farm it at T6. But unless kill speed is really your bottleneck (as opposed to movementspeed), doing so just gives you slightly more shards per hour, while sacrificing all the XP and actually usable dropped legendaries from doing the content at level 70 and T1+.

Personally I can clear T1@70 just slightly slower than Normal or anything lower, so I don't see a reason to drop lower than T1. Maybe Split Bounties at Master though.
Reply Quote
I'm guess I'm just asking if Kadala can drop Torment only legendaries in non Torment games.

I'm just thinking of a scenario where a level 70 wizard has really crappy gear and can only do Master. They do a rift, get their blood shards and go to Kadala. Can they gamble for a Firebirds Plume Set Helm on Master?

if they answer is no, what if they want to Torment 1 and went to Kadala, could they get it in that game using the shards gained from Master.
Edited by TexasTodd#1245 on 5/13/2014 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just throwing this out there, you can start a game with a low level with a friend on torment 6, then switch back to your main and boom. You now get 100+ bloodshards every run and you can roll level 70 items from kadala without leaving the game and you can get torment only legendaries. Been doing this for a few hours now and my buddy has already gotten 2 jade harvester gloves from kadala.
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 02:22 PMPosted by Bon3zz1001
Just throwing this out there, you can start a game with a low level with a friend on torment 6, then switch back to your main and boom. You now get 100+ bloodshards every run and you can roll level 70 items from kadala without leaving the game and you can get torment only legendaries. Been doing this for a few hours now and my buddy has already gotten 2 jade harvester gloves from kadala.

This ^
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The chance that Kadala will give you a Legendary item does not change based on difficulty. So, in theory, a player could obtain a class set item without ever leaving Normal difficulty. To put it another way I'll use the original example of gathering Blood Shards in Master difficulty, and spending them in Torment VI. The chances to obtain a Legendary item (and the pool of possible items) from Kadala in Torment VI is exactly the same as Master, since that chance (and item pool) is static.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the explanation Grimiku! No ambiguity there.
Reply Quote
it means the chance is small, gl dude
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]