Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I love this skill so much but its utterly useless. before launch i saw it in the beta and said to myself... THATS MY SKILL! I'm going to build around that big boy and be the best toad doctor going with BIC TOAD! He's so damn COOL!
Please Blizzard, please please please.... do something about this 1 skill and i'll send you a basket of goodies. I swear on me mum!
No really, i love big toad so much and it's been so long waiting and now you've moved him over to HEX so i can't buff him with +plague of toads damage on items (even though that still wouldn't make him viable) but guys omg... PLEASE!
This one time Blizzard, i popped BBV, turned my enemy into a chicken and then popped big toad in the centre of BBV and he swallowed the chicken and digested him in seconds... it was FANTASTIC, only a bit much for just 1 little white trash mob but.... FANTASTIC!
PLEASE guys, i beg you... please.... fix the king of the toads... he's just waiting there, been ages... don't you guys care about big toad?
Sign below if you love big toad and want to see him be usefull... <3 BIG TOAD!
That is why they moved it to Hex, because it as a whole is not viable to use. All the runes and the Hex itself need a buff. At least these three runes:
Toad of Hugeness
Unstable Form (Doesn't even have an animation when they explode, and the damage is bad)
They could just scrap hex as a whole and give us a new skill in its place. Make the ability of Hex a rune in conjunction with Fetish Army. Just have it to where when you summon a Fetish Army you summon a Shaman that will periodically turn your enemies into chickens and make them take 20% more damage.
If they need ideas, here are some of my own.
1. He only swallows elites when they're on screen, otherwise white trash or players in PvP and only does tongue damage to Bosses (Cant swallow)
2. He digests at 100% weapon damage but can be buffed/stacked damage if he swallows targets that have been cursed/hexed/locust/haunted.
3. An item that buffs him.
4. When he fully digests an enemy, he poops out their skeleton. (Ahahahah!)
Just some thoughts.
Yes, Angry Chicken is another cool skill thats not worth it.
before you can fix the toad we first have to find its weakness
1. any enemy that gets eaten will be protected by everyone damage, for most part this is bad, you can make statement that this can be good but truths its bad.
To solve this problem
1. toad can be targeted and all damage can be multiplied to the enemy. for example 20-40 % damage increase. and if toad dies (by reaching 2x% of victims Hp aoe 1x% of damage
so if you take mob that has 1mill life it take 2 million to kill the toad and does aoe of 1 million damage. While mob inside elite only receive additional 20-40% damage.
2. toad lands that does aoe damage eats enemy and spits enemy out quick and quickly grabs same or different enemy does the same thing. so you still have ground controll, does apply weak damange but is still target able.
It's kind of frustrating when you see this big toad stick its tongue out at an enemy that it can't swallow e.g. Ghom and Malthael.
I suggest the following:
a. Just like Eirena having the ability to mass hex, give this toad the ability to mass stun a mob with its tongue. In this way, our heroes still can deal damage to the mob instead of being protected in its gut.
b. For enemies that are too big to be stunned, give this toad the ability to swallow e.g. Ghom's and Tree's poison gas; and Malthael's Death Shroud :D
At present it swallows something and holds it and keeps it out of the fight, it takes little to no damage during this time. So it's a short CD single target control unit. This could only work if it focused on elite units thus taking a 3 beast elite pack down to 2 beasts reducing their effectiveness.
However that is pretty boring.
I propose much more discussion on this topic until a BLUE either realises they've forgotten about a skill, or acknowledges that it is currently defunct.
Things i currently like about King Toad are:
- Tongue that gives ya a big kiss.
- He swallows targets whole.
Things i don't like about King Toad are:
- He looks more like a big frog, not a wart ridden, poison pulsating king of toads.
- He does utterly insignificant damage
- He usually only strikes once and if he fails to swallow he may strike again however he will disappear before dealing max damage.
Things i think should change are:
- Make him look bigger, meaner and more magnificent.
- Increase his stomach acid damage to 100% weapon damage
- Increase his presence time on the battlefield from 5 seconds to a health bar in which he can be attacked and if destroyed, explodes into a poison puss bomb all over enemies and releases the swallowed victim as well as the skeletons of the less fortunate.
- Successfully digested enemies should be excreted by the King Toad as a skeleton and should the toad still be alive, he will swallow another enemy and begin the process again.
- Make him prioritise elites or players pets/minions in pvp followed by the player.
- Make the king toad combo-able with other spells to get more out of him for example: Enemies turned into Chickens take 50% increased damage, if swallowed by King Toad that's 150% damage, if King Toad is currently within BBV damage increases again and so on.
- King Toad can crit.
- King Toad's CD increased to 30+ seconds and remains only 1 at a time.
Ideally, you'd summon King Toad behind your Dogs and Garg, and he'd snatch up enemies from the front line, pulling them behind it and swallowing them, digesting.
Edited by SKORPIQN#6911 on 5/9/2014 9:39 PM PDT
They did, we suggested that he be able to swallow elites and they did that, they allowed him to swallow elites. But turns out that mechanic sucks. Since you cannot damage the elites while they are in his mouth.
So time for new fix. I don't think swallowing elites is gona work with him.
It does help. Did you read my comment above? Taking an elite out of a 3 some reduces the packs effectiveness. The problem however is it doesn't target elites only, it will target white trash around elites as well and even when it does get an elite, it spits them out pretty early... THATS the problem... does that make it worth having ToH in your bar? No it doesn't if it's only as effective as a stunning hit.
If it ONLY targets elites, does much more damage (for 5 seconds) or just holds them longer THEN it's worth it.
Edited by SKORPIQN#6911 on 5/9/2014 11:59 PM PDT
Hell, I;d give my own suggestion too:
Have a new set bonus that changes how toad of hugeness work (Put Toad of hugeness as a different skill set altogether)
New Set: Titan's Set of the unyielding
2 Pc bonus: +Intel or You can now have 2 gargantuan s active at one go
4 Pc bonus: Toad of Hugeness spell now summons three giant toads of hugeness instead of one
6 Pc bonus: Toad of hugeness now summons a more larger, vicious Toad that can leap around in the area three times (Something like that giant rift boss that hops around and stuns the players) and Stomp enemies, stunning them. Upon landing, The Toad will swallow the enemy and will continue leaping around until three (3) leaps are complete.
Afterwhich, the Toads will blow up in a massive explosion dealing 1000%-2000% Weapon damage to those enemies in the toad which has been swallowed
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.