Diablo® III

PLEASE FIX TOAD OF HUGENESS.... PLEEEEEEASE..omg plez

View profile
05/09/2014 11:57 PMPosted by SKORPIQN
The problem however is it doesn't target elites only, it will target white trash around elites as well and even when it does get an elite, it spits them out pretty early... THATS the problem...

That's not really the problem. The problem with Big Toad is the same as the problem with Bogadile.

Taking an elite out of a 3 some reduces the packs effectiveness.

And not to mention the player's effectiveness.
Reply Quote
Agreed. He looks boring. How about like that big toad from Pan's Labyrinth? It's such a fun skill but is a waste to use if you are playing seriously. I only use it when I run my low level friends and that's because it doesn't do enough damage to even those lvl 60 enemies; otherwise I 1 shot everything. Please fix this there are so many great ideas being posted here.
Reply Quote
05/10/2014 04:57 AMPosted by JangBahadur
The problem however is it doesn't target elites only, it will target white trash around elites as well and even when it does get an elite, it spits them out pretty early... THATS the problem...

That's not really the problem. The problem with Big Toad is the same as the problem with Bogadile.

Taking an elite out of a 3 some reduces the packs effectiveness.

And not to mention the player's effectiveness.

Does not effect the player at all. Allows you to only have to deal with 2 elites instead of 3, reducing their damage to you. You don't want to target the elite in it's mouth, you target the ones remaining. Not sure how you don't get that. If the other 2 elites are dead, don't summon ToH again... that would be pointless?

Bogodile is similar but again, the problem isn't that the target disappears, it's that it does not prioritise a worthy target. Bogodile does awesome crit damage and can remove an elite for a little while... the problem isn't that it's removed and you can't target it... it's that you're using it incorrectly.
Edited by SKORPIQN#6911 on 5/11/2014 2:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Taking out an elite from the pack and giving it damage immunity is bleh... I'd rather it remain vulnerable to damage so my team, fetishes and I can pwn it and take it down faster.

If at any point one of them becomes immune to damage that is just slowing me down nothing else. I mean Hex can disable an elite without making it immune to damage. It's much better than Toad/Bogadile.
Reply Quote
If Invulnerable Minions were to ever make a come back, then this giant toad might come in handy while the WD fight the vulnerable monster first; unless the silly toad chose not to swallow the Invulnerable Minion....
Reply Quote
View profile
Even if Invulnerable Minions come back Hex is still superior because it is not situation-dependent.
Reply Quote
But Angry Chicken is my main damage dealer in T4! No one touches that unless the damage is buffed further! :D

Back on topic, of course I would love it so much if they fixed Toadie! The reason I like this class so much is because of the quirky skills. I still remember that moment when I LOLed the first time I unlocked Pile On.
Reply Quote
ToH to be changed from 20% physical weapon damage to 580% poison weapon damage.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48064-datamined-patch-2-0-5-class-changes-and-strings
Edited by SKORPIQN#6911 on 5/13/2014 2:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Enemies swallowed should suffer a 1k dot over 5 sec. as posion dam.
Reply Quote
I love the toad so much...my suggestion is to make him a mix between the Wizard's Familiar, a Punching Bag and leave the swallow attack as an "active" function.

-When you have the rune equipped, the toad is always summoned, and follows you around (the thing is fully rigged, and a walk cycle is not hard to do). It does not matter if he can die, tank or not...
-Each time you attack, so does the Toad, lobbing a blob of poison at the area (Pus Spitter Proc) or if you are feeling nasty/are a biology buff, by launching plague of toads like the Surinam Toad :P. The attack speed is similar to the one of familiar, so it scales with your attack speed but at a slower rate.
-When you press the Toad Hotkey, he lashes his tongue at the enemy and swallows it, dealing poison damage over time. That triggers it's cooldown.
-Allies can attack the Toad (again, easy to animate) to damage the helpless enemy for increased damage.

I would also move it to a Plague of Toads rune...the Ren'Ho Flayer could either make him attack twice as fast / launch the homing-double exploding frogs or eat 2 enemies at once...also, it doesn't stand out when compared to another Hex runes (which i would also make work as a special pet).
Reply Quote
Increased damage exponentially, probably still useless.
Reply Quote
its ok at challenging difficulties atm, provided it swallows an elite, otherwise it just sits there having digested trash and does nothing for 5 seconds... still needs work but atleast i can put him in my bar and not feel like a total waste.
Reply Quote
I love this skill. He is literally the reason i started playing the WD an i think the real problem is simple. You can't target what he swallows. If he swallows the last enemy on the field...you then have to wait 5 seconds for him to A. Spit it out or B. Kill it which since you can't target him you don't know which is going to happen. If i could target him however the enemy would take the full 580% from ToH an the damage from me casting WoS as well as my pets an what have you making this a very...Very powerful an Viable skill. I would be very satisfied if I could target him as well as other players. I don't care if the pets an fetishes can't. I say this because my friends hate when i use ToH but thats not fair to me because you can target enemies inside the black hole so the mages can spam that where as my favorite skill takes the enemy off screen which slows the game down an i then have to wait. Granted 5 seconds isn't that long but when you do the skill so much it adds.
Reply Quote
atm i'm using locust & haunt, then pop ToH and grab an elite, then pop Bogadile just infront of ToH so when he spits out the elite, bogadile chomps him straight after... all the while taking DoT damage from locust and haunt.... be better though if i could turn them into chickens first.
Reply Quote
I read the patch notes, saw the Increased Toad of Hugeness damage from 24% to 580% and could not stop laughing.

I hadn't used a WD since RoS came out, but now I had a reason to get someone to level 70.

Things I like about ToH:

1. It is hilarious to see him grab enemies and watch them flail helplessly into his maw; the farther away and larger the enemy, the better.

2.The sound effects are super satisfying.

3. He does some damage now.

4. He is able to swallow the act 1 and act 2 keywardens, which is awesome. He can probably swallow the others as well, but I have not tested them.

5. And that's about it.

List of Things I Don't Like about ToH:

1. If you get him to swallow a goblin (which is somewhat tricky), it DOES NOT stop the goblin's escape timer. I had a goblin today, untargetable inside his belly, and the goblin opened his portal while inside the frog... which is annoying.

2. He sometimes gets his tongue stuck on terrain, leaving him helpless with his giant pink tongue splayed across the map, which is hilarious but completely useless. Not sure whether to call this a bug or a feature.

3. If the enemy dies after he targets them but before he hits them, he will often times just sit there, doing nothing, even when he doesn't get his tongue stuck.

4. Making an enemy untargetable, as has been mentioned, is a mixed bag. Sure, the enemy can't use their annoying abilities, run away, or damage you, but you can't deal any damage (apart from the TOH's) to them either.

5. I'm not sure what happens when he hits something he can't swallow. Does he do any damage at all?

6. He picks his targets at random, it seems. Even if there are enemies he can swallow in range, he sometimes targets one that he can't. On top of that, in one of the caves in act 2, he even targeted one of those little egg cluster things that explode for poison damage when you get close (not the wall mounted guys, the little floor debris ones that aren't monsters at all and as far as I know don't even have HP). I'm sure I've witness pets on other characters target those things too, but it's less annoying when it's your monk's ally or your demon hunter's companion. ToH only gets one shot...

7. He still feels like he should do something more...

My initial thoughts on fixes which correspond numerically with the List of Things I Don't Like:

1. If Blizzard doesn't want him to stop goblin escape timers, don't let him swallow them. Or, better yet, only let him swallow them if the damage is enough to kill the goblin.

5. If he hits an enemy he can't swallow, he immobilizes that enemy and drags himself to their location, clawing them for reduced damage over the normal duration.

7. I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of MF, GF, health globe drop rate buff for enemies that he kills/scores crits against, sort of like Threatening shout: Grim Harvest, only more so as he can only hit a single target. If they give a chance for say, double drops on kill, it would create a fun mini-game where you're always trying to last hit with ToH. Or at least that was my first thought...

After reading this thread, I got to say making Hex overall to be like Mystic Ally and Animal Companion seems to be, by far, the best move.

The drawback is that this might make the classes overall feel less unique.

My ideal toad, once summoned, would hop around following you, providing say +15000 health on globe pickup (because of course he needs to have synergy with Thing of the Deep) and then swallow an enemy on his active, which would be on the same cooldown it currently has.

What would make the witch doctor Hex skill unique would be their much shorter cooldowns compared to Ally and Companion, plus the summons inherently passive nature; they neither attack nor defend, they just follow you around providing an aura buff until activated. I would go through all the other runes for hex, but this post is already long enough.
Reply Quote
Nope, defs needs to go back to Plague of Toads. So you can turn people into Chickens or Pigs and THEN summon ToH and swallow them.... it is GLORIOUS! His damage could also be buffed via items if in PoT.

Also, i like that he swallows the Treasure Goblins, it allows for other party members to surround him and prepare to spam him upon release (If he survives.) Use ToH on a fleeing Goblin and buff his damage with other spells.

I dont like the idea of him hopping around with you, it suddenly makes him a generic pet type. He is too awesome for that. He just sits his !@# down in the middle of combat, no $%^-s given and swallows a champion whole... like a boss!

I do like the idea of getting a buff/boon from his presence on the battlefield though.
Reply Quote
I'm a Giant Toad. I turn up in a strange world. I think "FOOOD!" I get my tongue out, get the demon and as soon as he's in my saliva filled mouth I think "YUCK!" and INSTANTLY spit the filth out. "Not eating that thing again. MORE FOOD!"

I get my tongue out, get the skeleton and as soon as he's in my saliva filled mouth I think "YUCK!" and spit the filth out. "Not eating that thing again. MORE FOOD!"

All the while these yucky saliva covered meals struggle to get out of my digestive juices.

"Oh a big meal!" I zot it with my tongue but instead, I fly to it and my juices splatter over the side of it. "Not eating that thing again."

Point being, Simple animation of saliva splatter, and a Toad that is way more realistic, and perfect for what we want in the game, and original in it's effects on the playing field. Not OP, Not a hindrance.

The Bogadile too, Up snap, open mouth and back down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]