Diablo® III

Analysis of Data-Mined Patch Notes

View profile
Source: http://www.diablofans.com/news/48064-datamined-patch-2-0-5-class-changes-and-strings

Zombie Handler You can have 1 additional Zombie Dog summoned at one time. The healths of you, your Zombie Dogs and Gargantuan are increased by 20%. (Now also increases player health)

Interesting. I don't think tying a player's health buff into a Pet passive is a good idea. I would love me 20% more health but do I gotta take pets with it?

Fetish Sycophants When you hit enemies with your spells, you have up to a 10% chance to summon a dagger-wielding Fetish to fight by your side for 60 seconds. (No longer requires a physical realm spell, chance up from 5%)

I'm thinking the double chance comes with a cost, a nerf to Firebats proc rate.

Fierce Loyalty You can have 1 additional Zombie Dog summoned at one time. While you have a Zombie Dog, Gargantuan, or Fetish following you and not in combat, your movement speed is increased by 30%. (Previously your pets gained 100% of your Life Regen and Thorns)

This could be cool, maybe. Is that 6 dogs? Also do they now inherently benefit from Life Regen and Thorns?

Summon Zombie Dogs Cooldown: 45 seconds / Summon 3 Zombie Dogs from the depths to fight by your side. Each dog deals 30% of your weapon damage as Physical per hit. (Up from 12%)

Well they do need to be able to hit harder. I am not sure if that's going to be enough.

Corpse Spiders
Leaping Spiders : Throw a jar with jumping spiders that leap up to 25 yards to reach their enemy and attack for a total of 382% weapon damage as Poison. (Damage was Physical)

Bad change!! This reduces our choice of Physical Primaries! Spider Queen is already poison, we don't need any more poison in Corpse Spiders!

Hex
Toad of Hugeness : Summon a giant toad that swallows enemies whole for up to 5 seconds, digesting for 580% of your weapon damage per second as Poison. (Up from 20%, damage was Physical)

I don't think that's tackling the core issue with this rune.

Unstable Form : Hexed enemies explode when killed, dealing 135% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within 8 yards. (Damage was Poison)

Still a crappy rune.

Horrify Cooldown: 12 seconds / Don a spectral mask that horrifies all enemies within 18 yards, causing them to tremor in Fear and be Immobilized for 3 seconds. (Cooldown down from 16 seconds, distance up from 12 yards, now immobilizes, duration down from 4 seconds)
Phobia : Enemies are no longer Immobilized and will instead run in Fear for 5 seconds. (Previously increased Fear to 6 seconds)

Cool! I likey. Fear is a combo-breaker, it should be limited to one rune.

Gargantuan
Humongoid : The Gargantuan gains the Cleave ability, allowing its attacks to hit multiple enemies for 130% of your weapon damage as Cold. (Damage was Physical)

Cool

Wrathful Protector : Summon a more powerful Gargantuan to fight for you for 15 seconds. The Gargantuan's fists burn with fire, dealing 575% of your weapon damage as Fire and knocking enemies into the air. (Previously knocked back)

Knockback breaks combos, this is better.

Bruiser : The Gargantuan gains the ability to periodically slam enemies, dealing 200% of your weapon damage as Fire and stunning them for 3 seconds. (Damage was Physical)

Um...

Firebats Cost: 150 Mana initially, and an additional 75 Mana while channeling / Call forth a swarm of fiery bats to burn enemies in front of you for 425% weapon damage as Fire. (Mana cost down from 225)
Dire Bats : Summon fewer but larger bats that travel a long distance and deal 495% weapon damage as Fire. (Up from 300%)

Alright! Definitely improves Dire Bats!

Hungry Bats : Rapidly summon bats that seek out nearby enemies for 635% weapon damage as Fire. (Up from 350%)

You didn't bring back the no-rune VFx :(
Vampire Bats : Firebats initial cost increased to 225 mana but no longer has a channeling cost. (Previously removed channeling cost)

Needs to be Physical! We also need more Physical Primaries!

Wall of Zombies
Unrelenting Grip : Your Wall of Zombies will Slow the movement of enemies by 60% for 5 seconds. Changes the damage done to Cold. (Damage element now specified)

GotD - Unbreakable Grasp looks more like a cold rune than this.

Piranhas
Bogadile : A giant bogadile emerges from the pool of water and bites a monster dealing 1100% weapon damage as Physical. (Damage up from 840%, damage was Poison)

Doesn't fix the core issue!

Some good feelings, some bad ones. Overall I am surprised there weren't more changes like there were for Crusader. There's a lot that needs to be improved - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505891570
Reply Quote
I think if we get a lot of dmg spells that are physical the pet build get too powerful.
Basicly if you want pets you go full phys and you can't do much dmg with other spells.

I do wonder if our starmetal is still as good with these changes as resummoning fetish army means now destroying even more passive fetishes.
Reply Quote
Edited by SuicidalBaby#1114 on 5/12/2014 10:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So if I were to use a Physical build, I can't use Darts, Firebomb and Toads. I am limited to Spiders... leaping was our best, now its Widows and Medusas? Such an odd change... We needed more cold/physical spells in our primaries, not more fire/poison.

Like the Firebats change... will for sure test out Dire Bats (my old favorite spell) and Hungry bats. Was hoping for an "initial cost" removal all together for the Dire Bats rune, but with a damage increase and lower initial cost - its still intriguing.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/12/2014 10:31 PMPosted by SuicidalBaby

Just say it bruh!
Reply Quote
View profile
05/12/2014 10:30 PMPosted by JaapB
I think if we get a lot of dmg spells that are physical the pet build get too powerful.
Basicly if you want pets you go full phys and you can't do much dmg with other spells.

This can be easily be fixed by making one simple change.

The Fetish Sycophant Element changes to the Skill that summoned it.

So if I use Zombie Bears to summon Fetishes, they will all do Poison damage. If I use Cloud of Bats, they all deal Fire Damage. If I use Spirit Spells, they all deal Cold damage.

Thanks for bringing this up! I am going to add this suggestion to my thread. It's been suggested countless times.

I do wonder if our starmetal is still as good with these changes as resummoning fetish army means now destroying even more passive fetishes.

I don't think you'll be getting more Fetishes though. I think they are nerfing Firebats' proc chance.
Reply Quote
05/12/2014 11:17 PMPosted by JangBahadur
So if I use Zombie Bears to summon Fetishes, they will all do Poison damage. If I use Cloud of Bats, they all deal Fire Damage. If I use Spirit Spells, they all deal Cold damage.

That's a very bad idea. The spells with good proc rate are Acid Cloud and RoT atm. That means if I want Fetish Syno to be effective, I need to stack +poison, while LoD is still the best rune for Fetish Army.
Reply Quote
I don't get the un-runed dogs. They do 30% damage? Isn't that a direct nerf to rabid dogs? They do 30% over 3 seconds.

Kinda cool that you can go with a spirit barrage build and get fetishes though.
Reply Quote
great
Edited by Skargash#2935 on 5/12/2014 11:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The nerf to psychophants is that you need to actually hit enemies now. unlike previously you could build fetishes at a distance or in town if you wanted. Its pretty substantial.
Reply Quote
Is the increased Vampire Bats initial cost gonna make a VB-Sycophants build like mine unviable in your opinion? http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#clUdPQ!RTWV!Zbccbb
Reply Quote
Not mana cost but fact VB is small aoe with poor proc coefficient. There will be better skills to proc fetishes.
Now they spawn "on hit" instead of "on cast".
Reply Quote
when it says no longer requires a physical realm spell does that mean any skill well spawn fetishes?,
Edited by SkullnBon3s#1526 on 5/13/2014 2:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/12/2014 10:16 PMPosted by JangBahadur
I'm thinking the double chance comes with a cost, a nerf to Firebats proc rate.

It's *up to* 10% chance. I assume it'll be based on proc rates of skills. So a skill with 100% proc coefficient will equal 10% chance to summon fetish. A skill like firebats has a very tiny coefficient, so each enemy hit will have a very small chance to summon fetish.

I'm tenatively excited about this change. On the one hand, I have way more freedom with primary damage dealers which should give more build diversity.
On the other hand, I hope I can still get close to as many fetishes as I had before with most of the skills (I usually had between 6-14 fetishes around me for most of my runs).
Reply Quote
when it says no longer requires a physical realm spell does that mean any skill well spawn one?,

It seems that way, yes.
Reply Quote
bb physical builds...
Reply Quote
interesting so does that mean my fetish army with zuni set of course will spawn more fetishes ^_^
guess will just have to find out :D
Edited by SkullnBon3s#1526 on 5/13/2014 2:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Toad of Hugeness & Bogadile core issues are not that the enemy is untargetable. Get off the bandwagon and think for yourself.

Anyway, love the change to ToH's damage, i'll be using him plenty HOWEVER, he should be moved back to TOADS not left in HEX because he combo's really well with HEX CHICKEN.
Reply Quote
I'm a little confused about the Bogadile note. What's the problem with this rune? It's the one I primarily use because I don't like the Piranado (I'm probably one of the few people who don't like it...).

As for the change on Fierce Loyalty, if the LR and Thorns are not changed to be built in, this effectively shelves my WD. I've never cared much for the whole burst damage approach that WD got pigeonholed into. I wanted a pet class and this is closest thing we got for D3.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/13/2014 12:58 AMPosted by MasterQ
Is the increased Vampire Bats initial cost gonna make a VB-Sycophants build like mine unviable in your opinion? http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#clUdPQ!RTWV!Zbccbb

Vampire Bats wasn't changed dear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]