Diablo® III

Convenience for fetishes

Can we please get a number indicating the amount of fetishes we have summoned? Since they just overwrite each other after 15. I don't want to keep respawning new ones while they are dpsing. Thanks blizzard!!
Reply Quote
this has been repeatedly asked for RoS launched. patches come and go.. no counter. I recal people asking for it during the D3V days
Reply Quote
View profile
Use RoT, know you have 15 at all times, stop worrying about it.
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 05:28 AMPosted by Purgamentum
Can we please get a number indicating the amount of fetishes we have summoned? Since they just overwrite each other after 15. I don't want to keep respawning new ones while they are dpsing. Thanks blizzard!!

So when you get 15 Fetishes are you actually going to stop casting spells?
Because surely wont that reduce your dps a lot more than swapping out a fetish?
I'm not sure what you mean about them overwriting each other though, I've definitely run with more than 15 fetishes on the screen at one time.
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 06:58 AMPosted by Nasgard
05/15/2014 05:28 AMPosted by Purgamentum

So when you get 15 Fetishes are you actually going to stop casting spells?
Because surely wont that reduce your dps a lot more than swapping out a fetish?
I'm not sure what you mean about them overwriting each other though, I've definitely run with more than 15 fetishes on the screen at one time.

^

I was going to ask the very same thing. What the hell does it matter if you are overwriting them? That is a plus to me as that means they will stay alive longer when moving from mob to mob.
Reply Quote
I think it matters because +dmg to FA is lost when the FS overwrites the FA fetishes... I think...

So if I had a counter... I would watch it go up and get to 15 and soon after recast my FA so I know my 8 are out from that.

Note-- I run carnevil with 4 pc zuni and no smk.
Reply Quote
YES. Please add a fetish counter.
Reply Quote
Add a fetish counter and fix the FS replacing FA. A passive should never take precedence over a skill.
Reply Quote
fetish counter doesnt matter. like the guy above says, what are you going to do, stop casting spells after you get to 15?
Reply Quote
I understand if you think you don't need it, but people are mostly using rain of toads now to summon fetishes, which is not a significant amount of dps. Also if you use Hexing Pants http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/hexing-pants-of-mr-yan you will want to be able to summon 15, then run around. The increase in dps while moving is massive compared to what you are doing with rain of toads. In higher torments you might just have to cast more rain of toads, because the fetishes seem to die off quick.
Reply Quote
They really just need to make it so that summoned FS do not overright FA. The problem now is that you want to get to 15, cast FA then you have to constantly be watching to make sure you are not over summoning FS and replacing your FA.

A counter really isn't the solution, it just needs to be made that so long as you have a FA guy a FS will never take its place.

Also +1 for hexing pants when you have all your fetish dudes up and just running around. Hadnt thought of that will try it out.
Reply Quote
The only counter we would need would be for FA fetishes, so we know how many were lost if we use Zunni (and if they fix the FS overtaking FA)

A FS counter is not necessary since they spawn so fast now.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/15/2014 08:15 AMPosted by Jake
I think it matters because +dmg to FA is lost when the FS overwrites the FA fetishes... I think...

Currently, fetishes summoned through the Fetish Sycophant passive are replacing the oldest fetishes, and that includes those summoned by Fetish Army. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, except that many Witch Doctors now have very powerful fetishes being summoned through Fetish Army, and those bonuses do not apply to fetishes summoned through the passive (as noted in the quote!). The good news, though, is that this is a bug that we intend to fix in patch 2.1.

Our plan is to separate the fetish cap for each these skills, so that new fetishes summoned with the Fetish Sycophants passive will only replace older fetish sycophants. Fetishes summoned through Fetish Army will remain for the duration of Fetish Army (possibly forever for those of you with the Zunimassa 4 piece bonus).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
05/16/2014 11:06 AMPosted by Grimiku

Currently, fetishes summoned through the Fetish Sycophant passive are replacing the oldest fetishes, and that includes those summoned by Fetish Army. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, except that many Witch Doctors now have very powerful fetishes being summoned through Fetish Army, and those bonuses do not apply to fetishes summoned through the passive (as noted in the quote!). The good news, though, is that this is a bug that we intend to fix in patch 2.1.

Our plan is to separate the fetish cap for each these skills, so that new fetishes summoned with the Fetish Sycophants passive will only replace older fetish sycophants. Fetishes summoned through Fetish Army will remain for the duration of Fetish Army (possibly forever for those of you with the Zunimassa 4 piece bonus).

Any comment on how fetishes spawned with Gidbinn are affected by this? Also, great to hear you're on top of this issue.
Edited by Druidjezus#1627 on 5/16/2014 11:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
GREAT news.
Reply Quote
96 Dwarf Warlock

so we have to wait till 2.1, which is probably months away for you guys to fix something that you broke..seems fair
Reply Quote
Woohoo. 2.1 will probably take a while though lol.
Reply Quote

I feel pigeonholed to a Poison build for my WD. I have some really great Fire gear and started the class with intentions to go Fire. I found a cool Carnevil Mask and I was really excited to see a Fire rune for the Poison Darts skill. What really sucks is that my fetish only shoot Poison darts even though I am Fire based and using the Fire rune.

Why cant this item bonus do what the Wizard Vyr's set bonus does with Archon and allow the skill to take on the damage type of the most stacked element? I would be really curious to know how many other similar cases our out there like this one. The current set up is really not encouraging build diversity but the fix for the Wizard community really showed that there is still hope.

I'll stick to my wizard until the Carnevil problem is fixed.
Reply Quote

Is it possible to make the Fetish go through each other, I have my 15 Fetish army and in a small place they are all in the back and cannot attack. The ones that can attack are the ones next to the Elite or trash while the other ones are stuck behind doing nothing.

Also the pets, My Gargantuan with Wrathful Protector is summoned and stuck behind all the fetish doing nothing and it is basically a wasted CD if he can't attack.
Edited by Mobkillz#1430 on 5/16/2014 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Great to hear this will be fixed!

2.1 is how far away? Is there a reason this can't get fixed more quickly, along with the bonus damage to DOT spells that also broke w/ 2.05?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]