Diablo® III

Way to make PVP work for RoS?

I've been reading alot of thoughts and doing some testing with PvP for RoS. So many of us want PvP and feel that it is a true form of Diablo End Game content. It was important in Diablo one, D2, and failed here in D3 because systematically its hard to conform both the PvP and PvE systems together.

Especially with all of the fun but wacky builds that are popping up in RoS. Just having a full inventory full of damage absorption necklaces can be a duel breaker.

PvP needs its own PvP set for each class that can be balanced by the Blizzard design team. I know, I know. WoW clone... but it would be alot easier to build a system off of gear that uses *cough* pvp power to control the amount of damage pumped out and how much can be absorbed. Even before RoS D3 pvp favored either heavy damage or heavy toughness extremes. Now it really just favors heavy damage.

Here's a simple non-resource/dev time hogging suggestion:

PvP class sets that cost PvP tokens. Each PvP token costs bloodshards. You cannot enter the brawling arena without a full pvp set worn and cannot switch gear while in the brawling arena. Lets say after conversions each piece of PvP gear costs like 50k bloodshards. Grind that up in PvE to participate in PvP.

Once in PvP each kill awards bloodshards which can be used for gambling or purchasing PvP tokens for other classes if you want. The real reward comes from actually winning in the Brawling arena though. When you go into the arena you are locked in there until you win or lose based on most kills in a timed duration. Winning gets you a Token of Victory which can be used to enhance your PvP gear in some balanced way.

Simple way to control the stats for duels and provide a endgame content hopefully resulting in options like 1v1, FFA, and 2v2 teams. I would just like to enjoy some Diablo system PvP gameplay that I've been waiting for and will continue to wait for.

Discuss?
Reply Quote
pvp is never gonna come more than half the playerbase would like to enjoy pvp but josh the new director of the game is a pve !@***!#% rider,. only stating facts.
Edited by Cryptojam#1412 on 5/9/2014 4:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Anything is better then we have now :(
Reply Quote
the reason there will never be pvp in this game... is theres not a console that can handle 8 players in one game area. prob only 1% of PC gamers have a PC capable of having 8 players in one game area. the demands this game has on machines is pretty tough with just 4 players. has little to do with the game director, or balance and more to do with the the game itself. out side of 1v1, 2v2, and 1v1v1v1. witch would get rather boring fast, the game is to demanding to have a moba style play style. remember this game is really a console game you paid to beta test...

enjoy the game for what it is, but super awesome pvp is never coming the the d3 franchise. sorry to bust all your dreams.
Reply Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOwutFy1dg4

good game guys. RoS have to be a little balance for TvT (1v1 will never be balanced)
Reply Quote
05/14/2014 12:12 AMPosted by Forti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOwutFy1dg4

good game guys. RoS have to be a little balance for TvT (1v1 will never be balanced)

That build is old news, this is precisely the reason legacy legacy Natalya's Wrath set is banned in any competitive play now. But in order for that build to work, the DH gimps their DPS too hard in favor of cost and cooldown reduction so that they cannot kill tanky players. Stalemates, gg.
Reply Quote
-90% damage reduction modifier in PVP. If brawling wasnt a who click first oneshot fest, it would at least be playable

Modifier is such a simple change you wouldnt even need a patch for it. They could throw it in a hotfix even tomorrow if they wanted, and it wouldnt affect PVE in any way.
Reply Quote
If they fire josh and replace him with me, above is the first hotfix i will throw in tomorrow. I will personally play and test the modifier to specifically see what % is adequate for enjoyable PVP experience between well geared players. That will take honestly less than few hours.

Then i will implement team PVP mode and new brawling areas in 2.1. Also possibility of awarding blood shard when killing other players (some restriction may apply to avoid excessive farming exploit)
Edited by Luciela#1314 on 5/22/2014 7:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2014 07:05 PMPosted by Luciela
If they fire josh and replace him with me, above is the first hotfix i will throw in tomorrow. I will personally play and test the modifier to specifically see what % is adequate for enjoyable PVP experience between well geared players. That will take honestly less than few hours.

Then i will implement team PVP mode and new brawling areas in 2.1. Also possibility of awarding blood shard when killing other players (some restriction may apply to avoid excessive farming exploit)

Please don't. A raw % reduction to damage won't fix PVP. If you spec enough toughness, you can survive a few hits from almost anything. The fixes that need to be implemented are with specific skills and legendary items. Those need to be reworked for PVP, but the overall damage and toughness are fine. There are only a few attacks in the game that can 1-shot a tanky player with high toughness (25M+) and those are usually on a long cooldown or require a very specific setup of set pieces.
Reply Quote
would a resistance buff work ?
Reply Quote
05/22/2014 07:00 PMPosted by Luciela
-90% damage reduction modifier in PVP. If brawling wasnt a who click first oneshot fest, it would at least be playable

This doesn't happen if you learn to brawl, friend.

05/25/2014 09:00 PMPosted by BlindBerzerk
would a resistance buff work ?

Brawling damage scaling is fine, this is not needed. It's certain item affixes that need some tweaking when you enter the chapel that is of real concern.
Reply Quote
Dunno man, my WD buddy's Garg hits me for over 300m dmg if he gets a swing off. Hard to Barb against that. Course I can just go on my crusader and put on my thorns gear and afk killing people. BTW 2m dps DH popping there buffs and stacking fire damage can really even 3 shot the toughest characters.

I think having specific PVP sets for pvp would really be the most functional way to go.
Reply Quote
Yet, D3 had simply no PVP, i dont consider Brawling some kind of pvp.

-First reason: there's nobody going into brawling games, i can barely find one when i choose T1 adventure, and i usually see the same people over and over again. There should be a matchmaking system wich would actually put your in some games to fight people of your actual range of level of some kind of ELO system.

-The game is not balanced. Blizzard as the done such a poor job IMO, into balancing the classes, its really awful, they should ask league of legends for an advice, since they can at least balance fking 100+ characters.

-finally, since D3 is a big fail, no trades brought more Bots to the game. How do you wish to duel people over geared because they run their bot 24/7 with blizzard doing nothing to stop them?

they better fix sumthing quick or im going to get tired of this game quick too, i want a huge bann wave, a new PVP system with elo matchmaking and a great class balance.
Reply Quote
Just to point out I have seen lots of peoples bots get banned in the course of playing d2 and d3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]