Diablo® III

Well, 1 month later :)

I dont remember who was the guy crying on the beta forums that " DH were far too behind others classes etc etc " but... he was really wrong.

DH are really fine. Ima farming t5 efficiently and I'm on the way to T6.

Monks are in a bad spot right now.

And u, did u expect that before RoS launch ?
Reply Quote
I expected shadow wall
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 12:37 AMPosted by KaizerSauze
I dont remember who was the guy crying on the beta forums that " DH were far too behind others classes etc etc " but... he was really wrong.

DH are really fine. Ima farming t5 efficiently and I'm on the way to T6.

Monks are in a bad spot right now.

And u, did u expect that before RoS launch ?

You don't even have a DH.
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 02:22 AMPosted by Kevmeister

EU profile..
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 07:39 AMPosted by Oble
05/05/2014 02:22 AMPosted by Kevmeister

EU profile..

Can't find him on EU, KR or TW.
Reply Quote
you can farm t6 effectivly as a dh but only if you get a unity + a 2nd unity + unkillable follower item. without unity we cant get enough defenses to effectivly survive t6 cause the damage is much to high.i mean even with a unity and 900 all res and 400k hp i was nearly dieing to stuff like thunderstorm. dex is just in a bad spot in terms of survibility mainstat dodge is worthless because 90% of the affix are not dodgeable.
Reply Quote

There are two I recall, Starbird and Gentz (Gantz? Can't remember spelling).

Silver
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 09:13 PMPosted by Silver

Silver

Yep, and to a lesser extent Saidosha here (sp?) and a few others, who all claimed it wouldn't be possible for a DH to do high torment content and swore up and down I didn't know what I was talking about. Ironically you don't see them around.....
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 5/5/2014 9:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
DH especially tends to be skills rather than gears.... I have a friend, hist gears just be average; he has Harrington belt ; toughness 2m , but he's doing T 6 alright, cause his movement just great. Me a casual player; my gears on diabloprogress can get up to 2.95mil dps toughness 2.5m but Im still doing T4.... :)) ; since I cant get better with my movement. In general, most classes can do T6, but still depend on each player.
I feel alright with my DH for low T... cause 2 -3 CA I can see E explodes.... :))
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 06:35 PMPosted by tassili
you can farm t6 effectivly as a dh but only if you get a unity + a 2nd unity + unkillable follower item. without unity we cant get enough defenses to effectivly survive t6 cause the damage is much to high

There's video evidence on this very forum of DH's doing T6 without training wheels (aka, double unity/follower/prides fall bug).

05/05/2014 06:35 PMPosted by tassili
i mean even with a unity and 900 all res and 400k hp i was nearly dieing to stuff like thunderstorm. dex is just in a bad spot in terms of survibility mainstat dodge is worthless because 90% of the affix are not dodgeable.

That's incorrect. Over half of affixes are actually dodgable from dex stats, although I personally feel dex should be able to dodge more things such as charges etc. Either way, you don't even need that much toughness or unity ring, you just need to be able to take 1 or 2 hits in MOST cases and the rest is up to your reflexes and ability to not get toyed around with by the mobs (which is partly defined by how you build your DH).

Being able to survive in T6 is about player ability than anything else when it comes to a DH, and being able to get just enough "toughness" to survive the few BS scenarios. No training wheels are necessary.
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 5/5/2014 10:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
anyone that says monk is in a bad spot is using a bad monk build

I crafted born's and captain crimsons and devastator on my monk, gambled a GNK helm, and used my DH gear for the rest of the slots for a Fire / CDR / near perma uptime on Epiphany and I can farm T5 easy mode with no unity ring

it has near perma 50% damage reduction from epiphany desert shroud rune and another near perma 50% dmg reduction from inner sanctuary and doesn't need to use a spirit generator even though I hold down my LTK button and never let go of it

my LTK does near 20m plus 10m from GNK helm proc (100% chance to proc on each cast of LTK) and I don't ever need to stop casting it

every monk I see that complains about monks being bad, they all are lightning build with the best lightning items/rolls I ever seen and they still struggle on T4/T5. Lightning monk is trash and is only good if you want to be a pull palm tank that does crap damage

however, there is no class or build that can solo farm T6 rifts EFFICIENTLY without double unity ring (meaning farming it fast enough to make it worth doing, as opposed to just doing T5 faster)

the damage you take in T6 is simply so high that it forces you to either play more defensively and slowly, or sacrifice damage items for more survival items - which makes T5 a lot more efficient to do instead (unless you use double unity ring)

also, my barb with EQ/leap set that has all terrible rolls on them and my weapons are terrible and he's using a dex RRoG from my DH since I don't have a str one - he massively outdamages my DH and does T5 easymode with no unity and can do T6 rifts in 10mins with double unity

the only reason why I still prefer my DH even though he is doing less dmg than my alt characters (and is also 10x more squishy) is that the mobility I have results in a faster clear speed even though I am performing way less on damage/toughness compared to my monk/barb that has much worse gear than my DH
Edited by Mindlapse#1642 on 5/6/2014 4:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Demon Hunters are not fine. While we take 30 seconds to kill an elite in T6, with the very best gear (4 or 6 pieces marauder, cinder, magefist, etc), Crusaders with only one Flail and a Shield are killing it in TWO SECONDS. Yes, 2 seconds. And clearing a T6 rift in under ten minutes. Can we do it? No, we can´t.

Crusader: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12504562085
Reply Quote
I can easily do t6 atm However, it is not even close to what sader, barb, WD, wiz and monk can do in LESS our time
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 09:13 PMPosted by Silver

Starbird wanted to play a ranged class that could tank and deal out damage (ie, a wizard). He couldn't figure out how to play DH without tanking and based his doom and gloom on that.

05/06/2014 02:10 PMPosted by JohnnyJam
I can easily do t6 atm However, it is not even close to what sader, barb, WD, wiz and monk can do in LESS our time

True. The other non-dex classes are able to face-tank and take down T6 elites before we can deploy our second sentry.
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 02:56 PMPosted by Lucx
Starbird wanted to play a ranged class that could tank and deal out damage (ie, a wizard). He couldn't figure out how to play DH without tanking and based his doom and gloom on that.

Well actually I *can* do it (T4 capable DH even with barely any time played these days) but I prefer a tanky-er playstyle, which I've actually pulled off fairly well.

My major concern about DHs have been played out. Aside from the Cluster Arrow builds and one or two others, the class still doesn't have variety and relies far too much on great micro, latency and a fair bit of luck.

That said, before T5/6 especially in parties the only class that is suffering right now seems to be the monk, and it has a lot to do with horrible sets.
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 04:46 AMPosted by Mindlapse
anyone that says monk is in a bad spot is using a bad monk build

I crafted born's and captain crimsons and devastator on my monk, gambled a GNK helm, and used my DH gear for the rest of the slots for a Fire / CDR / near perma uptime on Epiphany and I can farm T5 easy mode with no unity ring

it has near perma 50% damage reduction from epiphany desert shroud rune and another near perma 50% dmg reduction from inner sanctuary and doesn't need to use a spirit generator even though I hold down my LTK button and never let go of it

my LTK does near 20m plus 10m from GNK helm proc (100% chance to proc on each cast of LTK) and I don't ever need to stop casting it

every monk I see that complains about monks being bad, they all are lightning build with the best lightning items/rolls I ever seen and they still struggle on T4/T5. Lightning monk is trash and is only good if you want to be a pull palm tank that does crap damage

however, there is no class or build that can solo farm T6 rifts EFFICIENTLY without double unity ring (meaning farming it fast enough to make it worth doing, as opposed to just doing T5 faster)

the damage you take in T6 is simply so high that it forces you to either play more defensively and slowly, or sacrifice damage items for more survival items - which makes T5 a lot more efficient to do instead (unless you use double unity ring)

also, my barb with EQ/leap set that has all terrible rolls on them and my weapons are terrible and he's using a dex RRoG from my DH since I don't have a str one - he massively outdamages my DH and does T5 easymode with no unity and can do T6 rifts in 10mins with double unity

the only reason why I still prefer my DH even though he is doing less dmg than my alt characters (and is also 10x more squishy) is that the mobility I have results in a faster clear speed even though I am performing way less on damage/toughness compared to my monk/barb that has much worse gear than my DH

Epic troll post?!

Monks CAN do t5/t6... the issue is endgame dps. They CAN NOT do t6 runs in <10 minutes like Crusader/Barbs/WDs/Wizards/etc. There are countless videos. If you still haven't figured out how bad Monk dps is then there is no hope for you as it was evident weeks ago jus by joining a public T5/T6 game.

I've played a wiz a bit but wanted another dex class so rolled a DH less than 24 hours ago and am already pumping out more dps than my monk dps set that took a lot of play in the last month to acquire. I agree survivability is rough/maybe an issue with DH but mobility is insane. ...not seeing the speed farming Monks can do but just navigating affix is much easier with DH.
Reply Quote
I had been leveling up each class one-by-one, but decided to stick with the DH so I could really begin farming for better Legendaries to drop.

Back when D3 first came out, I rolled a DH and it was the only character I got to 60, and from there as soon as I did, I quit playing, because I was dying all over the place even on Normal.

Now after 2.0 its very different. SO much better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]