Diablo® III

Ring of Royal Grandeur drop rate is againt D3 design

I assume D3 designers want to see people happily farming in different scenarios, especially in Adventure mode, thrilled by harder difficulty while still looking for some cool loots.

However, just look at what people are doing in Adventure mode at *normal* level, it’s obvious that almost 99% of people are just farming Ring of Royal Grandeur. Nothing else. It’s quite common to see players, with gears enough to go to T1, just go through the Adventure mode at normal level as quickly as possible, in A1 only, trying to get the ring. It’s almost a default, that when a player enters normal level, it’s expected that he(she) just picks a bounty job in A1 and finishes it ASAP.

Is it boring? YES.
Is it fun? NO.
Is it frustrating? YES
Is it by design to have players to do no-challenge jobs repeatedly, in a quite small set of maps? I doubt.

Well, that’s the problem. The root causes are:
A very rewarding gear
A narrow choice to get it
A very low drop rate to get it (and even worse, it does not increase at all with difficulty level)
A boring (and too easy to repeat) way to get it

My suggestion:
Please raise its drop rate *significantly* at higher level. For example, if it’s like 0.1% now (I guess, since I tried like 100 times without getting it) at every difficulty level, then raise it to like 10% at T1, 20% at T2, etc. It will encourage players to try to raise their gears to play at T1 level without the ring, and try it out.
If with incoming update, the rate increase is to change it to like 1% at T1, then I guess people will still farm *normal*. At least we can finish a try in 5 minutes.
Reply Quote
drop rate is fine I have 6 of them, not sure how many caches I've opened though I'm guessing around 200..
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 04:18 PMPosted by Andonis
drop rate is fine I have 6 of them, not sure how many caches I've opened though I'm guessing around 200..

I've opened 120ish and got my first one.. on an alt..
Reply Quote

You have six of them, but how many would you actually use?

I now have two, and wouldn't use either one. Even after enchanting away something. Thankfully though I'm only probably around 75 total caches for Act 1.

I've heard people saying they are in the hundreds without seeing one though. Bet they can't wait to get that stellar roll once they do.
Reply Quote
Even if I get it at around 75 tries, I will still say it's a boring thing to try it 75 times when I can play T1 just fine.
Reply Quote
ive found 12 of them. they are fine. stop trying to ruin the game and have things handed to you.
Reply Quote
Took me about 300 caches to get mine. Rolls aren't great either
Reply Quote
Your concern is being adresse in the next patch, please read blue post before posting whine posts.
Reply Quote
I dont see why everyone is QQing about RROG drop rate AND set drop rates.
I mean, everyone says they cant get sets yet they split farm normal all day for rrog.

So they are spending most of there time farming for a ring, they cant use till they get set peices which dont even drop in the diff they are farming.

Or you have sets, and want the one piece bonus from rrog, thats fine. Then they farm normal and farm for the ring. Meanwhile continuing to QQ on the forums about how they have only seen 2pc XXX set and can't get any other or the rest of set.

The main problem with d3ros isn't drop rates, it's the limited use of logic by the average player.
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 04:37 PMPosted by mattfca
I dont see why everyone is QQing about RROG drop rate AND set drop rates.
I mean, everyone says they cant get sets yet they split farm normal all day for rrog.

So they are spending most of there time farming for a ring, they cant use till they get set peices which dont even drop in the diff they are farming.

Or you have sets, and want the one piece bonus from rrog, thats fine. Then they farm normal and farm for the ring. Meanwhile continuing to QQ on the forums about how they have only seen 2pc XXX set and can't get any other or the rest of set.

The main problem with d3ros isn't drop rates, it's the limited use of logic by the average player.

Lol you mad bro, have fun waiting a year to get a piece of gear noob
Reply Quote
WOW just because you have found 6 or 12 or whatever doesn't mean the drop chance is fine, please give me a break. I have 1 in 1449 bounty's farmed in normal-t2 with my WD and the damn thing rolled DEX WTF!!!! . OH I have farmed more that just 1449 bounty's but that's when I finally got one still farming to get an INT one.

But I guess I should just get things handed to me right?

THE DROP CHANCE AND RNG MADNESS FOR THIS RING IS SOOO BAD ITS JUST INSULTING!!!!
Reply Quote
Split farm Act 1, reset, sucks donkey balls. Over 1000 bounties, no ring, but hey I have gotten that stupid necklace 7 times, you know the one that spawns 4 or 5 skeletons for 10 seconds after you have killed everything (what an effn joke).
Reply Quote
I know right?

You can specifically target this ring and you can't do that with any most other legendaries. I only had to farm 6 of them before I got one with crit.

This ring should be like every other legend and be totally random.
Reply Quote

Another "drop rate is fine because I got what I want" person. Their logic is undeniable
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 04:36 PMPosted by Flammy
Your concern is being adresse in the next patch, please read blue post before posting whine posts.

Which post is that? Do you have a link?
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 04:09 PMPosted by SlowPlayer
I assume D3 designers want to see people happily farming in different scenarios, especially in Adventure mode, thrilled by harder difficulty while still looking for some cool loots.

However, just look at what people are doing in Adventure mode at *normal* level, it’s obvious that almost 99% of people are just farming Ring of Royal Grandeur. Nothing else. It’s quite common to see players, with gears enough to go to T1, just go through the Adventure mode at normal level as quickly as possible, in A1 only, trying to get the ring. It’s almost a default, that when a player enters normal level, it’s expected that he(she) just picks a bounty job in A1 and finishes it ASAP.

Is it boring? YES.
Is it fun? NO.
Is it frustrating? YES
Is it by design to have players to do no-challenge jobs repeatedly, in a quite small set of maps? I doubt.

Well, that’s the problem. The root causes are:
A very rewarding gear
A narrow choice to get it
A very low drop rate to get it (and even worse, it does not increase at all with difficulty level)
A boring (and too easy to repeat) way to get it

My suggestion:
Please raise its drop rate *significantly* at higher level. For example, if it’s like 0.1% now (I guess, since I tried like 100 times without getting it) at every difficulty level, then raise it to like 10% at T1, 20% at T2, etc. It will encourage players to try to raise their gears to play at T1 level without the ring, and try it out.
If with incoming update, the rate increase is to change it to like 1% at T1, then I guess people will still farm *normal*. At least we can finish a try in 5 minutes.

Actually I run T3 normally and I am running T3 Act 1 Bounties trying to get the ring. It would be real boring doing it on normal. My fetish could one hit anything in the game.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/YesterdaY-1653/hero/25601060
this is my first one, and it is gg one>.>
Reply Quote
View profile
05/05/2014 04:09 PMPosted by SlowPlayer
just go through the Adventure mode at normal level as quickly as possible, in A1 only,

You also get rift keys, FYI... kinda mandatory so why not farm the ring while doing it?
Reply Quote
2500 bounties completed, got around 7 of them, all crap rolls, still looking for a trifecta RoRG
Reply Quote
The life on hit (garbage) and attack speed (trash stat that makes sheet damage look nicer) mess this ring up. You are down to one random roll to go with a main stat.

I have 5 rings and want a darn amulet to drop that is actually good. I have found two amulets in over 400 (1800+ bounties) caches.
Edited by Adrenaline#1529 on 5/5/2014 8:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]