Diablo® III

Ring of Royal Grandeur drop rate is againt D3 design

None in 1500+ bounties. No the drop rate isn't fine for everyone. Especially for something so critical to so many classes.
Reply Quote
I'd rather find the set pieces that I can use the ring with. So far on my wizard, I have 1 piece from 3 different sets. Not helpful.
Reply Quote
I got mine...dunno how many bounties i did.

I should note that i do not do bounties on normal...all my bounties are done at my current difficulty.

I didn't get awesome rolls on mine, but they weren't bad either. With the added set bonuses, the ring is worth it, even if it's got terrible rolls.
Reply Quote
I got two in a reasonable amount of time. Didn't farm specifically for it, just killed a bunch of monsters in multiple acts, got a bunch of caches, rift keys, misc legs, and oh look... two RROG with the 2nd one decent.

I don't get people who keep farming one item in one spot and restart games... the amount of time wasted reloading the game is nuts.

Btw, I think the drop rates are fine ;)
Reply Quote
It's one story to farm for rift keys, another story to repeat boring thing 300 times. I have ~500 rift keys now :-) Enough for one year of usage, I guess.
Reply Quote
The Ring of Royal Grandeur is not a bounty cache exclusive item. I got mine just doing regular farming, not from a cache. In fact,I'm sad to say I have NEVER never gotten a Legendary Item from a a bounty cache,
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 11:56 PMPosted by hawkeye
The Ring of Royal Grandeur is not a bounty cache exclusive item. I got mine just doing regular farming, not from a cache. In fact,I'm sad to say I have NEVER never gotten a Legendary Item from a a bounty cache,

OP and everyone else. RoRG drop rate is fine.
You have a 1/10 chance of getting a cache specifc leg from a cache.
If it's an A1 cache, you have a 1/5 chance of that leg being a RoRG.
That means, 1/50 chance of getting RoRG per cache.
Which means if you farm A1 exclusively you should get a RoRG every 50 caches (250 bounties).

Now, this is where RNG falls into play. Some players will get lucky on the roulette wheel and hit a RoRG within their first few caches, others will have to farm more than 50 caches to hit their RoRG.

05/05/2014 04:29 PMPosted by Jawbox
You have six of them, but how many would you actually use?

I've found 6 RoRG too. Sure I have a really GG one (on my DH). But realistically, it's an integral piece of so many builds, that you'd use one whether or not it rolled well and use pretty average ones on my alts. I mean, 3 of the 4 stats are already a given, and you're rolling 1 stat anyways, so the difference between an absolute GG RoRG and a piece of trash terrible roll is 1 stat (and possibly ~80main stat). The set bonus is worth far more than 1 ring stat.
Edited by Elroby on 5/28/2014 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 04:09 PMPosted by SlowPlayer
I assume D3 designers want to see people happily farming in different scenarios, especially in Adventure mode, thrilled by harder difficulty while still looking for some cool loots.

However, just look at what people are doing in Adventure mode at *normal* level, it’s obvious that almost 99% of people are just farming Ring of Royal Grandeur. Nothing else. It’s quite common to see players, with gears enough to go to T1, just go through the Adventure mode at normal level as quickly as possible, in A1 only, trying to get the ring. It’s almost a default, that when a player enters normal level, it’s expected that he(she) just picks a bounty job in A1 and finishes it ASAP.

Is it boring? YES.
Is it fun? NO.
Is it frustrating? YES
Is it by design to have players to do no-challenge jobs repeatedly, in a quite small set of maps? I doubt.

Well, that’s the problem. The root causes are:
A very rewarding gear
A narrow choice to get it
A very low drop rate to get it (and even worse, it does not increase at all with difficulty level)
A boring (and too easy to repeat) way to get it

My suggestion:
Please raise its drop rate *significantly* at higher level. For example, if it’s like 0.1% now (I guess, since I tried like 100 times without getting it) at every difficulty level, then raise it to like 10% at T1, 20% at T2, etc. It will encourage players to try to raise their gears to play at T1 level without the ring, and try it out.
If with incoming update, the rate increase is to change it to like 1% at T1, then I guess people will still farm *normal*. At least we can finish a try in 5 minutes.

Agree and disagree,
100% agree that the ring should be very rare but i believe it should drop on all Acts not just Act 1, better still both mode would even be better imo.This would stop players compiling in one Act risk causing lags, dc and sever stress and improve players experience of the game
Reply Quote
I have 3 Ring of Royal Grandeur.

You must be...unlucky
Reply Quote
I recommend the people who don't have a RoRG collect 100 act1 caches before opening and then opening all at once. I usually get a atleast 1 ring when I do this.
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 04:18 PMPosted by Andonis
drop rate is fine I have 6 of them, not sure how many caches I've opened though I'm guessing around 200..

I now have two, and wouldn't use either one. Even after enchanting away something. Thankfully though I'm only probably around 75 total caches for Act 1.

I've heard people saying they are in the hundreds without seeing one though. Bet they can't wait to get that stellar roll once they do.

My wiz has a nice trifecta RRoG have gotten 5 of them now and sharded 3 of them
Reply Quote
Totally agree, my wiz can blow up T5, but thanks to the mechanics of the cache drop rates Im forced to entirely farm NORMAL ACT 1 with random guys till i get my triffix ring.
Edited by gomooncool#2249 on 5/10/2014 8:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 01:16 AMPosted by commandojeff
I recommend the people who don't have a RoRG collect 100 act1 caches before opening and then opening all at once. I usually get a atleast 1 ring when I do this.

100% agree!
Reply Quote
OP completely fails to understand the purpose of RORG. The chance of getting the final item of a set is really, really small. The drop rate of RORG is at least two orders of magnitude better--and its farmable--which enables people to fill in the missing set piece rather than huge potential waits for final set piece drops.
Reply Quote
drop rate is fine I have 6 of them, not sure how many caches I've opened though I'm guessing around 200..

0, 400 caches (about 200+ A1, and 50 A4)
Reply Quote

And thank you for showing us how little most humans understand probabilities.

The chance could be 0.1% and yet you could get a RoRG in 10 out of 10 chaches. So you, one player out of how many, having 6 of them is totally, utterly, unimaginably unimportant.
Reply Quote

Drop rate is not fine...ive opened well over 200 and I have found nothing. I have however found about 8 amulets of uselessnsess
Edited by DemonPowDuh#1761 on 5/10/2014 9:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I now have two, and wouldn't use either one. Even after enchanting away something. Thankfully though I'm only probably around 75 total caches for Act 1.

I've heard people saying they are in the hundreds without seeing one though. Bet they can't wait to get that stellar roll once they do.

I use 3 of the 8 I found, Granted I only keep searching now and again because I would like to have a trifecta rolled one. Other wise for the moment the 2 on my saders are great for their respective builds, and the barb got one cause str.
Reply Quote
I lucked out with my Barb and got one trifect'ed. But ya...the drop rate is too low. My other characters can't get one to save their lives, and I'm so sick of bounties.
With the buff to rift leg drop rates, it feels like a penalty to do ANYTHING but rifts. Do I want to do 10, 20, 30...100 bounties to get another RRoG knowing I could be doubling my leg drop chance? Bad design.
Edited by DamageInc#1208 on 5/10/2014 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]