Diablo® III

so who's playing with a 2 handed xbow?

i normally run calamity (2550dps)/nats slayer (2750dps) with 4 set mara, 3 set nats and some ca/fire gear. (HA serrated arrow/CA LFB/zoo pets/ROV stun or stampede (when using strongarms vs vaxxo ammy), veng.seethe, ss)

however to change things up i put on my 2 pierce buriza with a nicely rolled archfiend quiver. see profile for build. that is what i believe i logged out with. i was pleasantly surprised at how easy T5 was with this build. i didnt feel confident as i do with my dual wield spec. but i feel like it was even better. im sort of disappointed because i do love my gear sets (an ocd thing really).
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 09:58 PMPosted by shingO

Oh, oh.. Oh... It's like that now eh? How come I didn't get the memo. Lol. Ima try this too now thanks to you gypsies.

I like slamming my CA home before she has a chance to react ;)

Pus spitter spread herpes too so that's a bonus
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 10:37 PMPosted by Gnillort
05/09/2014 09:58 PMPosted by shingO

Oh, oh.. Oh... It's like that now eh? How come I didn't get the memo. Lol. Ima try this too now thanks to you gypsies.

I like slamming my CA home before she has a chance to react ;)

Pus spitter spread herpes too so that's a bonus

If you put it that way ima stop brimming these things you call 2H weapons, with or without socket. Lol
Reply Quote
I have a pretty good hellrack, logged off with daneta bounty speedrunning setup though, its near 2.6k dps 1195-1451 black damge roll with 7% dmg and 700+ dex.

shame that 7% roll wasnt a 10% like last nights one, which unfortunately didnt roll dex :(.
Reply Quote
My female DH has a pretty decent Buriza that I was gifted. (1465, 2 pierce)
Reply Quote
I crafted 3 crappy arcane barbs then got a nice buriza drop today. Most notably the cluster grenades do a lot more damage which makes a huge difference. I love the damage range, the min is higher than the max was on my syduru crust of similar dps.

As a ca lfb build is there any good way to take advantage of the pierce effect on the buriza? It's a toss up if I even need a generator...maybe bolas?
Reply Quote
I like all 3 weapon types somewhat equally and swap weapons on demand/build and only use specific weapons to begin with, as everything else than the bow trinity is most likely vastly inferior.
Those would be Calamity, Kridershot and Buriza-Do Kyanon.

I really like Buriza and using it sometimes for my CA build with CB + bola volatile explosives, if I would finally get a good emmimeis I would switch back to imminent doom, but my current emmimeis is lacking some stats + CA dmg and thats not really worth the price.

Also like Buriza for a lighnting build with impale - ricochet and stun bola.

Generally Buriza has really amazing synergy with hungering arrow and bola shot, any build including those is a build I use with Buriza for me, bola with all runes, devouring arrow for HA preferably.

It is basically as good, partially better and partially weaker than kridershots effect and I like both weapons alike.
Calamity is on par but boring and I don't have one, so staying with the more fun way.

But I wouldn't want to use a "normal" legendary xbow as I wouldn't like to use a normal handbow or bow, simply leaves you with a weak generator and that is undesirable. Using that fake genrator multishot version is also lame, as multi shot hits like wet noodles for its costs and doesn't live up to the flexibility of a truly costless/generator ability, especially when alternating with CA and generator for efficiency reasons.
That is a thing of dropluck though, just saying that I wouldn't use a xbow as long as I have kridershot around, over calamity, mayyyyyyyyybbbbbbeeeeee if it really really does benefit the build I want to play better game play and effectivity wise.
Reply Quote
I got a calamity today with really low base damage and LoH, but a socket. And i have a mediocre nats slayer in the stash.

The math doesn't seem to work out in favor of switching though.

I would have to break captain crimsons to fit in nats boots. And my boots will force me to choose between vitality and 15% cluster arrow (i'd probably go with cluster arrow)

i'd lose a lot of dex between my nats boots being non-ideally rolled, and the dex on my calamity/nats being worse than my crossbow + quiver's dex rolls.

and the setup would chew through hatred about 35% faster than the 2H crossbow.

outside of teams, I don't think my calamity/nat combo would be justified over my current setup. Perhaps if my items had rolled better.
Reply Quote
My double 1 handers out dps my 2500 buriza and my archfiend arrows lol been itching to use my 2 hander but nat's 3 pc and calamity are too good! Double MoD!
Reply Quote
check out mine
Reply Quote
2581 dps Buriza
Reply Quote
I don't think anyone's managed to beat Iria's Hellrack yet haha.
Reply Quote
i got a 2410 manticore today and my friends were telling me my 25001h is just better. surely i didnt believe them and tried it out. way faster clears, more damage, less resource usage, and hatred is easy with passive / RW.

im wondering if dual wielding is even better until you get a 2600-2700+ nats.
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 03:25 AMPosted by ZYM
2581 dps Buriza

Damn, I'm sooo jelly. If I had that I think I would finally move out of T1.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
Fairly happy with my Hellrack, just waiting for the elemental damage fix to switch out Resource Reduction for %damage.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/destur-1252/hero/45892745
Reply Quote
Got a 2560 DPS Buriza with 2 Pierce.

I love this thing with Physical Dmg and Devouring Arrow. The hard part is trying to find items with physical damage. Blizzard decided to put fire elemental dmg on so many more slots as opposed to other elemental schools.

I used to roll CA:LFB without Cindercoat then I switched to the Buriza and I don't want to go back to Fire CA just because it's so boring spamming CA. With the Buriza and Physical Dmg, I can utilize so many other skills into the mix. Just waiting on Maurader Set to drop so I can get the Pet Army.

Also wanted to add that if you roll with Hungering Arrow and run into a Missile Damp champion, run right into the bubble and shoot into his face. The arrows pierce back and forth at insane speeds once it reaches the champion doing insane dmg in one quick interval.
Edited by Reloadz#1719 on 5/11/2014 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, I tried CA, which is CA,CA,CA,CA...bored me to tears.

So the Cindercoat and Magefists are in the stash. Now every skill slot is phys attack: Vengence, Vault/Action Shot, Rain of Vengence, all pets with Companion and Mara, Hungering Arrow, Rapid Fire. Lots of variety and fun.
Reply Quote
time to reroll your asp for 10% damage folks.
lets see those new godly 2 handers.
Reply Quote
Is there some innate value that makes 2H Xbow's do more damage than Bows?

Because Bows have the same damage range as 2H Xbow's, but they have 1.4 APS instead of 1.1 APS. That is an enourmous boost.

And in my case, an 8% flat damage increase is better than 50% CHD increase.
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 11:37 AMPosted by BrushLawyer
Is there some innate value that makes 2H Xbow's do more damage than Bows?

Because Bows have the same damage range as 2H Xbow's, but they have 1.4 APS instead of 1.1 APS. That is an enourmous boost.

And in my case, an 8% flat damage increase is better than 50% CHD increase.

Common misconception. They can roll within the same range for +damage but their base is much higher and tighter. You hit much harder and much more consistently with a Xbow than with a Bow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]