Diablo® III

Blizzard, for the past two weeks...

Community Manager
Hey, everyone!

I have some good news about Chiltara for those of you who've had a tough time finding her as of late. In a future patch, we’re going to increase the chance that she’ll spawn in the Caverns of Frost. Our intention with this change is to make it a bit easier for players to construct a Staff of Herding, but still keep the Gibbering Gemstone as the most difficult component to find: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11883998315#2

Note that this change will only increase her spawn chance. The drop rates for the Gibbering Gemstone itself (as well as the Urn of Quickening, and Frozen Blood) will remain the same.
Edited by Grimiku on 4/28/2014 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well this is good news for frozen blood farming.
Edited by Mike#1832 on 4/28/2014 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I got the item yesterday when not even trying to get it. But I have been farming Chiltara for a material drop for a crafted axe. I've killed Chiltara probably 10 times about, she never dropped it. She did drop the whimseyshire item one time thou.
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 06:59 PMPosted by Grimiku
Hey, everyone!

I have some good news about Chiltara for those of you who've had a tough time finding her as of late. In a future patch, we’re going to increase the chance that she’ll spawn in the Caverns of Frost. Our intention with this change is to make it a bit easier for players to construct a Staff of Herding, but still keep the Gibbering Gemstone as the most difficult component to find: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11883998315#2

Note that this change will only increase her spawn chance. The drop rates for the Gibbering Gemstone itself (as well as the Urn of Quickening) will remain the same.

Why?

Can't we just have fun exploring the features and areas of the game? Why do you guys have to make everything such an aggravating, futile, endless grind quest? By the time I find things I'd like to try, I am so aggravated and disgusted I have little interest in the original reason I was looking.

GG Blizz
Reply Quote
not really good news good news we need is lowest cost of enchanting items over and over not increasing
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 07:10 PMPosted by OldPro
By the time I find things I'd like to try, I am so aggravated and disgusted I have little interest in the original reason I was looking.
Welcome to D3!
Enjoy your stay!
If you are not completely satisfied with your D3 experience, you can leave at any time.

Thank you for playing D3 and have a wonderful day! :)
Reply Quote
Chiltara not only drops the Stone and the Urn, but she is the ONLY mob in the game that drops Frozen Blood(to my knowledge), which is used to craft Utar's Roar. It is so hard to farm the blood it isn't even funny. I hope blizzard sure looks into this as well.
Reply Quote
... Why not just add another mob that drops Frozen Blood?
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 07:20 PMPosted by Sÿlak
04/28/2014 07:10 PMPosted by OldPro
By the time I find things I'd like to try, I am so aggravated and disgusted I have little interest in the original reason I was looking.
Welcome to D3!
Enjoy your stay!
If you are not completely satisfied with your D3 experience, you can leave at any time.

Thank you for playing D3 and have a wonderful day! :)

LOL...Sounds about the same as the attitudes of the VaultTec Corporation...
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 07:23 PMPosted by Nudal

How about this:

Every Elite pack and Champion has a high chance to drop several legendary crafting materials (say, three to start with) every single time you kill them.

That might make the prospect of actually using the Blacksmith to craft something other than Reaper's Wraps at least possible, if not attractive.
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 07:27 PMPosted by OldPro

How about this:

Every Elite pack and Champion has a high chance to drop several legendary crafting materials (say, three to start with) every single time you kill them.

That might make the prospect of actually using the Blacksmith to craft something other than Reaper's Wraps at least possible, if not attractive.

There isn't anything wrong with the drop rates for materials as it is.

Go do T4 at least and go kill uniques, I have half a stash full of them, and it's great to be able to ding 70 and make a full set of legendary items and hop straight in to T3
Reply Quote
Hey, everyone!

Note that this change will only increase her spawn chance. The drop rates for the Gibbering Gemstone itself (as well as the Urn of Quickening, and Frozen Blood) will remain the same.

why not make it so that other unique monster are dropping it as well?
farming one particular monster that doesn't always show up (even for the cave) can be really frustrating

how about making 1 monster in the icefall also drop the mat? of course the monster doesn't always show up. but this will make it easier to obtain and less frustrating
Reply Quote
I give up!The drop rate sucks.And it was 100%drop rate in the past!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

Wow. 30+ Urns, 14 Frozen Bloods and 0 Gibbering Gemstones... Yeah, sweet deal. Now I'll be able to acquire more materials I don't want quicker, meanwhile never seeing the item I actually want. Seriously, you're going to leave its drop rate at whatever abysmal percentage it current resides at? I have literally killed her 50+ times in the past week on torment 2 and no Gemstone. I'm not asking for a guarantee drop, but it is currently completely unrealistic to acquire the item due to its low drop rate.
Edited by Esus#1533 on 4/28/2014 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 07:44 PMPosted by Bombus
04/28/2014 07:27 PMPosted by OldPro
How about this:

There isn't anything wrong with the drop rates for materials as it is.

Go do T4 at least and go kill uniques, I have half a stash full of them, and it's great to be able to ding 70 and make a full set of legendary items and hop straight in to T3

In addition to the remaining 5 types of legacy crafting materials, and the 5 types of relatively common 2.0 crafting materials, there are so far 17 legendary plan crafting materials, and counting, in addition to the required gems and white items for crafting those items.

You might feel the drop rate on these materials is OK, bu I am not willing to farm my whole life away looking for at least 16 of each item so I can have 4 chances to craft a decent piece each of a 4-piece set, or at lease 4 or 5 materials to craft a weapon or other single item.

Side Note: This need for all these different types of materials also begs the question, "Why can't we have another Stash tab?" Sure, Blizzard was nice enough to let us buy a fourth stash tab if we bought the expansion, but with the addition off all these new crafting materials, they should have included it at no gold cost, and also made another one available for all the other crap we have to collect due to crafting requirements and the whole BoA situation.
Reply Quote
RNG to actually spawn the tileset
RNG for her to appear in the tileset
RNG for the thing to drop

they should add critical failures when you are crafting the staff, and other items as well! that would be a really awesome feature!!
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 08:00 PMPosted by zziyan
I give up!The drop rate sucks.And it was 100%drop rate in the past!

Absolutely.

Same situation with keys and Ubers. 50% drop chance at T6? Thanks a lot!

Pretty much guarantees that no casual or "unlucky" players will ever have the chance to gripe about that crappy drop rate, because they will never get there in the first place

I still have ever only collected 2 keys from keywardens in this game since 2.0 hit. Now there is only one sure thing in this whole game: If you do 5 Bounties you will receive a Bounty Cache.

It used to be great fun to play at MP10 and farm for 9 keys, make 3 machines, put together a team, run Elites at the Festering Woods for 5NV, then run the three Ubers for the three parts to have a chance to roll a probably crappy ring, but you could do it over and over and eventually get a decent ring.

These were known results, and they were the same every time. You put in the effort with a character able to do it, and you were rewarded...every time...for sure.

Now, at T4 we get a 40% chance at this same thing, and rather than a guaranteed shot at a probably crappy ring that you have to do over and over again, we get a pretty decent statistical probability that we may never get all the parts to make even a single ring, crappy or not!

GG Blizz
Edited by OldPro#1166 on 4/28/2014 8:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Because f**k you that's why. But seriously, I couldn't agree more (even though I have no need to farm it). There are 0 bounties for frozen blood farming and only ONE rarespawn...sounds legit.
Edited by LuckMyFife#1878 on 4/28/2014 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/26/2014 03:03 PMPosted by skullsskulls
Blizzard, for the past two weeks I've been loading Caverns of Frost at least once or twice a day to get Chiltara so I can go murder unicorns and continue minding my own business. I'm yet to even see the monster. Is this a bug, or is this just part of the "gameplay experience" of ROS? I dunno if I should be pissed or be having a good time or what?

Poines suck
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]