Diablo® III

BiS 2H Crossbow

Trying to find out if my lvl 70 manti can be upgraded for a better 2H Crossbow.

P.S: I am not interested in DWing as I prefer high min/max of a 2H at the cost of speed/resource regen. It's personal preference, so no need to explain benefits etc...
Reply Quote
Yes. A few possibilities.

1. Manticore - a better one with high initial damage roll and roll CD into % dmg
2. Chanon Bolter - (always rolls %dmg) pray for a socket or a high damage roll
3. Arcane Bolt - pray for 2 of the 3 following, socket/%dmg/high dmg roll
4. Buriza - (always rolls IAS) pray for a high dmg roll and a socket so you can re-roll IAS to %dmg
Reply Quote
Buriza is pretty much the best 2h crossbow. as it greatly improves a good bunch of abilities, especially generators and specifically hungering arrow devouring arrow, as bolashot in general get a huge boost, 2 guaranteed pierces with HA, providing 2 times 70% dmg boost which results in it being strong ST.
Bola gets tripled and if you get all 3 in one mobzerg all mobs eat 3 explosions, resulting in 330%-450% dmg depending on the rune and more procs on stuns or disc regain and so on, while the targets directly hit take even more dmg.

Only if you don't use a generator it would pretty much make no difference, becuase you rarely can make use of burizas effect and there is no other 2h crossbow with a particular interesting extra effect or a super awesome legendary only effect.
hellrack, demon machine and pus spitter have atleast some utility/extra dmg but thats about it, chanon bolters effect is pretty useless, rest is just orange without stuff to add.
Reply Quote
If they ever actually make spike traps good again Chanon Bolter will be great. Until then the highest dmg 2H xbow with socket you can find is your best bet, and hopefully that's a Buriza. With satchel and 2 pierce Buriza HA devouring is beast.
Reply Quote
The best secondary is probably the Buriza's pierce effect. However, for raw damage, any crossbow can be the best with 750 dexterity, socket, 10% weapon damage, and 1199-1490 damage. I have one that is close to that but could have a little more dexterity.
Reply Quote
Even with actually useable spike traps I wouldn't be so sure, 12-16 seconds cd is a bit of a joke for my part. it is also the question how long they stay at the trap, if they stay long enough to take multiple explosions and bother more looking at that trap instead of hitting you or if they simply just run other it and straigth towards your face, maybe even not reaching it for the duration of your taunt if they stand away some distance.
Generally range is also a question.

Haven't got one so far to test the general mechanic so no idea about that. but I highly doubt that it really works well given how other legendaries of that type are designed.
Reply Quote
Demon Machine or Pus Spitter for ca build.
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 02:34 PMPosted by Kejara

1. Manticore - a better one with high initial damage roll and roll CD into % dmg
4. Buriza - (always rolls IAS) pray for a high dmg roll and a socket so you can re-roll IAS to %dmg

Um, I think you might be wrong about a few of those. As far as I know, Manticore always rolls poison damage and Burzia always rolls cold damage, therefore rerolling CHD or IAS into %dmg is useless since %dmg only works on black damage until they fix it.

To my knowledge, the best possible 2 hander would be something with three random affixes, such as a Hellrack, and those three affixes will have to be dex, socket, and %dmg so that you can reroll the fire damage (or whatever) into raw black damage. That's why Nat's Slayers are so powerful and common, they have guaranteed dex, socket, and %damage. It's almost impossible to pick up a bad Nat's Slayer.

With 2 handers, you have to be a lot more lucky.
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 03:02 PMPosted by AgentOfChaos
such as a Hellrack, and those three affixes will have to be dex, socket, and %dmg so that you can reroll the fire damage (or whatever) into raw black damage

Yup!
Reply Quote
such as a Hellrack, and those three affixes will have to be dex, socket, and %dmg so that you can reroll the fire damage (or whatever) into raw black damage.

Found one like that, tried it, felt it was still too weak compared to dual-wield. I really think that Buriza is the only good 2h xbow, as its effect is actually useful. Demon Machine used to be a demon in early beta, but sadly got nerfed. None of the others do anything really relevant.
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 02:34 PMPosted by Kejara

Um, I think you might be wrong about a few of those. As far as I know, Manticore always rolls poison damage and Burzia always rolls cold damage, therefore rerolling CHD or IAS into %dmg is useless since %dmg only works on black damage until they fix it.

To my knowledge, the best possible 2 hander would be something with three random affixes, such as a Hellrack, and those three affixes will have to be dex, socket, and %dmg so that you can reroll the fire damage (or whatever) into raw black damage. That's why Nat's Slayers are so powerful and common, they have guaranteed dex, socket, and %damage. It's almost impossible to pick up a bad Nat's Slayer.

With 2 handers, you have to be a lot more lucky.

Fix is scheduled to be in 2.05 and has been stated to be retroactive. The listing wasn't in any particular order.

Chanon bolt is probably the easiest because it rolls native % dmg. All you need is a socket roll and you are golden.
Reply Quote
Also wondered about this. I to use an almost perfect dmg manti. Not sure if 10% weapon dmg is better then 35% critdmg.

Gonna have to roll a few arcane barbs once blizz fix the dmg bug to see.
Edited by Powerpuff#2409 on 5/1/2014 5:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think I recall Iria doing the math somewhere on 10% damage being better than 35% crit damage.
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 05:38 PMPosted by Powerpuff
Also wondered about this. I to use an almost perfect dmg manti. Not sure if 10% weapon dmg is better then 35% critdmg.

Gonna have to roll a few arcane barbs once blizz fix the dmg bug to see.

Very interesting question. I am wondering about this as well. Some of the math wizards here would probably be able to figure this out now.

Any of you able to do this?
Reply Quote
such as a Hellrack, and those three affixes will have to be dex, socket, and %dmg so that you can reroll the fire damage (or whatever) into raw black damage

I have this exact hellrack. It has Dex, damage % , socket and a very high damage roll (elemental)
I'm just waiting for patch to fix it. It might be BIS When that time comes...

I'll post a pic in 30 when I get home.
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 10:02 PMPosted by SAlphas

I have this exact hellrack. It has Dex, damage % , socket and a very high damage roll (elemental)
I'm just waiting for patch to fix it. It might be BIS When that time comes...

I'll post a pic in 30 when I get home.

Edit: figured it out

http://imgur.com/qEsnTye

After the fix:

Damage Per Second
1.10 Attacks per Second
2218-2720 Damage
+1186-1466 Fire Damage
+9% Damage
+699 Dexterity
Empty Socket
Edited by SAlphas#1425 on 5/2/2014 12:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow that will be a nice one!

So I can assume that the 10% damage will be lot better than the highest rolled Manticore with the 35% CHD. I've been trying to re-roll my Manticore to get the highest 1490 damage roll, but might hold off on it now.
Reply Quote
@ SAlphas

Nice 2h xbow but you did the damage wrong. It doesn't have 2216-2720 white damage, it is 2035-2496 white damage even in your own picture. Iria, who has a 2650+ Hellrack through % damage like us, said I believe the highest overall dps a 2h xbow could top out at is 2670 with just % damage, no IAS, and a socket on it.
Reply Quote
only going to post here because I have pretty much the same gear/build/playstyle as some of the other posters.

I would love to find an upgrade to Manticore.. it was the first legendary weapon I found since expansion and its been the best... I prefer it over a 2740 slayer.

Most people don't like the slow attack speed of 2 hand weapons for hatred regen, however when we are killing everything before we run out of hatred that's never a problem.
Reply Quote
05/02/2014 12:20 PMPosted by Pocketpal
@ SAlphas

Nice 2h xbow but you did the damage wrong. It doesn't have 2216-2720 white damage, it is 2035-2496 white damage even in your own picture. Iria, who has a 2650+ Hellrack through % damage like us, said I believe the highest overall dps a 2h xbow could top out at is 2670 with just % damage, no IAS, and a socket on it.

Thanks for the correction
It'll be 2218-2720?
I took the numbers divided by 100 x9% + the numbers.
Please tell me if I did this wrong. I'm not sure what I'm missing.
Unless of course elemental is working as intended which it sounds like you're implying.

Or perhaps you missed the point of my post ( Dmg calculations post fix )
Edited by SAlphas#1425 on 5/2/2014 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]