Diablo® III

Shinobi Quits Daiblo III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdduwtGuyLE

This is a very well spoken video from Shinobi and I feel really accurately explains the feeling of many of us in the community at the moment. I love this game, the gameplay, the world, the story and the nostalgic feel and general fondness for the franchise. But lately, I haven't even felt like logging to the character select screen.

I WANT to love this game and WANT that feeling of excitement when I come home from work to log into my account to smash the faces of evil. I don't have a problem with the grind, the items or the legendary drop rate, at all. The game itself is fantastic in my opinion. But the problem is progression.

We need to have something to WORK towards, there is a competitive and community nature that is missing in our beloved diablo at the moment. Like a massive hole. We need a reason to work towards finding these amazing drops to make our characters stronger and stronger. And at the moment I don't feel it. I log in to... do rifts? Farm blood shards? Sit in RIF chat and try to request invites faster than peoples bots? It's boring if I have nothing to do with it. I can't trade anything to my friends, or gain any reward from selling an item to another player. I can't fight anyone for glory in any PvP system.

The point that I'm trying to make is that, in this day and age, just having the gear and having nothing to do it with other that do the same content a bit faster, isn't the END of the experience we all want for this game. I don't think it matters what was 'acceptable' for Diablo 2 either in terms of end-game content. Times have changed and while Diablo 2 is a masterpiece of a game up until today. I really doubt it would be as succesful if it was first released today in this market with this generation of games and gamers expectations.

Watching this video from Shinobi was like watching myself, it's exactly how I feel. And I implore you to watch it and see what you think. Luckily, Blizzard takes notice of Shinobi's videos and if the game is losing one on the greats for reasons like these, I really hope someone notices.

I still have hope for this game, but for now, I'm in the same boat that's filling up quickly and setting sail soon. I'll put the game down for a bit, see how things chance moving forward with 2.0.5 and 2.1 and go from there.

Regardless of your own views, Thanks for taking the time to read my thread.

Cheers
Edited by coldasshonky#1686 on 5/8/2014 2:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
> Streaming 10 hours a day
> dont have any form of real life
> complains about not being able to sleep because of playing D3
> complains about a game getting boring

Seems legit.
Edited by Sullivan#2519 on 5/8/2014 2:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Again, the root problem.. the game lacks Community. BOA = SINGLE PLAYER. We were sold a "Multi-player" experience -- however what exists IS NOT MULTI-PLAYER!
Reply Quote
Who?
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 02:09 AMPosted by Murderin
Who?
Reply Quote
Another person who thinks that just because they stream they are a voice of the community, nothing impressive about not working and streaming, any jo blow can do it
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 02:10 AMPosted by MajorEpeen
05/08/2014 02:09 AMPosted by Murderin
Who?
Reply Quote
Summary:

Thanks Twitch Subscriber $$$, I'll be taking a vacation now.

-Shinobi
Reply Quote
> Streaming 10 hours a day
> dont have any form of real life
> complains about not being able to sleep because of playing D3
> complains about a game getting boring

Seems legit.

I really think it is legit. Daiblo is a game we WANT a hardcore dedicated experience from. We want it to be a game we could lost 10 hours a day to if we let ourselves.

and based on this comment:

05/08/2014 02:07 AMPosted by Prankstone
Again, the root problem.. the game lacks Community. BOA = SINGLE PLAYER. We were sold a "Multi-player" experience -- however what exists IS NOT MULTI-PLAYER!

Exactly, based on what we were/sold/expected/wanted we're not getting the multi-player experience we wanted to play this game long term.
Reply Quote
I agree, My opinion..the game feels limited and restricted ..its like playing the game in a box

Still enjoy farming and grinding with my clan and players list, BUT its getting to that point where it does not feel rewarding if not already for other players..

Bliz give us some form of news on what we as dedicated players can expect from your next BIG update..
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 02:07 AMPosted by Prankstone

The funny thing is that any actual single players get left out of easier play due to there only being 50% hp added per person and the group cheese like splitfarming and RiF so they get worse progression. So it's a game for nobody.
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 02:23 AMPosted by FaTaL101
I agree, My opinion..the game feels limited and restricted ..its like playing the game in a box

[/quote]

Perfect analogy, It's a fantastic fun game, that goes nowhere and leaves the player feeling jaded and unrewarded.
Reply Quote
Who?
Edited by DAKKON#6113 on 5/8/2014 2:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think Blizzard forgot what the word "fun" was along the way when they made Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
So much hate for someone who has built a career around streaming and gaming. Doing what you love/enjoy? Turning a hobby into a job? I don't really see any reason not to respect that. Shinobi is extremely humble and thankful for the opportunity he has. It's not like he's... Kongor... *open's pandoras box*
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 02:30 AMPosted by Thramox
I think Blizzard forgot what the word "fun" was along the way when they made Diablo 3.

Yeah, but then they remembered it when they made Reaper of Souls.
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 02:32 AMPosted by cbwjm
05/08/2014 02:30 AMPosted by Thramox

Yeah, but then they remembered it when they made Reaper of Souls.

Absolutely, RoS is amazingly fun. But it's still lacking the staying power that the community needs to keep going in the long term.
Reply Quote
Ban Review
View profile
who cares
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 02:30 AMPosted by coldasshonky
So much hate for someone who has built a career around streaming and gaming. Doing what you love/enjoy? Turning a hobby into a job? I don't really see any reason not to respect that. Shinobi is extremely humble and thankful for the opportunity he has. It's not like he's... Kongor... *open's pandoras box*

that's not how you spell alkaizr or however you spell that retards name
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]