Diablo® III

Shinobi Quits Daiblo III

05/08/2014 03:16 AMPosted by Eigenscape
His core argument for quitting DIablo 3 is correct: there is no point to items, you don't even need the best items to beat T6. You have the best gear, then what? Then nothing. There is nothing to do beyond killing the same monsters, no endgame, no competition. I've made this exact same argument before, for example here:
http://omgili.com/thread/Mx2PHH_4C22uEeQq9moDr3oMbWpu5dQLEtAcmUo8VMVIYdV_eE_S4Y.B3aMSgIe30wXmLOVENx3YH74PiRdJZA--/ (original post deleted)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12471427231?page=2#22

He says he'll come back for ladder because that's competition. But while D3 desperately needs real competition, ladders isn't real competition, unlike arena PvP, for example. It's simply ranking total played time. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12675228670?page=1

Yes. Their excuse of having some sort of endgame by having unlimited paragon level is a joke. Seasonal ladders the exact same type as D2 won't be endgame. It might actually have opposite effect during late or end of seasons. Now is definitely a little better than vanilla release. My god it was even more HORRIBLE. But still far from it. I guess it's because this game isn't subscription game and no more AH for after purchase profits for Blizzard.
Reply Quote
I dont even get why people are making such a fuss about quitting a game. Its not like youre chopping off a hand irl or something, its a !@#$ing game.
Reply Quote
all this guy does is ever complain. if you dont like the game then stop playing it, plain and simple
Reply Quote
Man, the troll in these forums.
Even CoD and CNN forums are not as polluted as this one....
Reply Quote
Guy thinks he is better than what he actually is. Plays on softcore , gets to end game , calls it quits because there is no challenge? Welcome to Diablo.

Makes some decent points but comes across as a know it all cry baby. Maybe if he had a life outside of playing 1 game, or played multiple games he would get more enjoyment.

Should go play LoL or Dota or SC if he wants a competitive edge pvp game.

Dont get me wrong I would really like more to D3ROS but its only been 2 months since the release.
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 02:18 AMPosted by SirDerp
05/08/2014 02:14 AMPosted by Atlas
Another person who thinks that just because they stream they are a voice of the community, nothing impressive about not working and streaming, any jo blow can do it

Self-entitlement is a typical plague amongst gamers lately, as is the case with D2 Fanboys who think D3 should exactly be like D2 in order to be considered a good arpg

It's not diablo fanboys, but roleplaying fans that enjoyed the Diablo series as a roleplaying experience, and most of us don't even consider Diablo 3 a roleplaying game -- no more than Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Different weapons and equipment to be found, unlocked and equipped: Check
Different 'skills' unlocked at different levels: Check
Can't choose to unlock a skill, but get all the skills by the end: Check
Almost meaningless levels that you only get for prestige and absolutely minute gameplay advantages: Check
Not really a roleplaying game despite having levelups and gear: Check.
Reply Quote
I watched the video; while it's long, the last few seconds hits the nail on the head; "games are supposed to be fun".

D3 has no inherent longevity designed into it on top of the fact that the core design has had ongoing flaws (much of it centered around itemization) since May 2012. They couldn't get it fixed with patch 2.0/expansion after putting any major updates past 1.0.8 on hold for over 1.25 years. With that kind of track record, I have zero realistic expectations that things will change that drastically for the remainder of the game.

Seasons is not going to fix these core problems. It's going to be thrown on top of this problematic core design and won't be the kind of competitive experience that many are hoping it will be. Paragon levels/experience is only going to be one measurement as they are likely going to have a whole bunch of ladder-style events that are built on top of the same achievements/challenges system in the game (the difference is region wide tracking and leaderboards).

Additionally (not my words), the kind of inherent randomness in D3 is the nature of Diablo games (via the EU CM relaying the thoughts of the developers - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10495112124#16 ). What is conveniently ignored though is the difference in the games itemization as well as the amount of soul binding/restrictions in trading (just to name a few reasons).

So some players could potentially run into a streak of bad luck with the type of items that do drop, which impacts their actual level of effectiveness when trying to play at a competitive level. And anyone who has had bad luck trying to find some of the bounty exclusive items, are getting a preview of what it will be like, trying to get some the season's exclusive items.
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 03:35 AMPosted by Carnage
Guy thinks he is better than what he actually is. Plays on softcore , gets to end game , calls it quits because there is no challenge? Welcome to Diablo.

Makes some decent points but comes across as a know it all cry baby. Maybe if he had a life outside of playing 1 game, or played multiple games he would get more enjoyment.

Should go play LoL or Dota or SC if he wants a competitive edge pvp game.

Dont get me wrong I would really like more to D3ROS but its only been 2 months since the release.

And should've played Diablo 2 if he wanted to enjoy a game for 10 hours per day for years.
Reply Quote
I really wanna know who's playing games like d3 for the ROLE playing aspect. there are text based games, which are better in terms of that.
Reply Quote
Imho the guy should invest the next months and the money he made from donations in improving his healt.

Lose weight dude, 20kg atleast :|
Reply Quote
dang another whiner..

want a bottle?
Reply Quote
> complains about not being able to sleep because of playing D3

If you listened correctly, the not being able to sleep part was to make that particular youtube video and has nothing to do with the game. Polish your listening skills please.
Reply Quote
> complains about not being able to sleep because of playing D3

If you listened correctly, the not being able to sleep part was to make that particular youtube video and has nothing to do with the game. Polish your listening skills please.

Which is the same, actually. Not being able to sleep, because you gotta make a youtube video about quitting A F*CKING ONLINE GAME? Are you kidding me?
Reply Quote

Which is the same, actually. Not being able to sleep, because you gotta make a youtube video about quitting A F*CKING ONLINE GAME? Are you kidding me?

why does it bother you that someone makes a video about something btw?
Reply Quote
You know, he makes his living off playing D3 so I can see how he's getting emotional over it. The game must have been gotten pretty bad to him for him to give up on his source of income.

I totally agree with what he said about competition in this game. However, ladder is not much of a competition that normal people can have fun in. It's more for the no-lifers and the botters.

Real competition for a guy like me is some form of PK. No, brawling does not count. I want some good old fashion D2 style PK.
Reply Quote
Wake up Bliz, you are loosing us fast
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 03:59 AMPosted by KopaKabana

Reply Quote

It doesnt bother me. People like him are kinda sad, because they base their income on something which is highly depending on an initial hype.

Some of you seem to forget to compare this to a real job. In a game, there will always be wall. When doing something for money, you always have to care for the future - this part of growing up and learning to manage ressources.

I literally have ZERO respect for people like him. Yes, he might be kind and a nice person, but that doesnt make him less silly.
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span> I find it insanely funny that a person has to make a 20 minute video on why he got bored of a game. Like he is breaking up with a Girfriend. The game must be good if he had to break up with it.

It's a great game, but there's absolutely no end game. So once you've put a few hundred hours at it it's completely over and done. You'll find out soon enough #paragon87
you find a couple hundred hours a fail game? really? now that trolls can use less than 300 hours of play time on the new expac as a fail, we cant call them out for enjoying the game with more than 200? LMAO, when a game gives you that many hours of enjoyment, I will think it is a great game.
Edited by Gunghoe#1987 on 5/8/2014 4:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote

It's a great game, but there's absolutely no end game. So once you've put a few hundred hours at it it's completely over and done. You'll find out soon enough #paragon87
you find a couple hundred hours a fail game? really?

Compared to its predecessor, yes.

When I think of Blizzard games, I think of re-playability and longevity. Games that can be enjoyed for years. That's what people expect of Blizzard games or at least that's what I expect of Blizzard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]