Diablo® III

Shinobi Quits Daiblo III

Shinobi? Never heard of her. However, I would like to get rid of this crap BoA.

I want to trade items!
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 04:10 AMPosted by Sullivan
why does it bother you that someone makes a video about something btw?

It doesnt bother me. People like him are kinda sad, because they base their income on something which is highly depending on an initial hype.

Some of you seem to forget to compare this to a real job. In a game, there will always be wall. When doing something for money, you always have to care for the future - this part of growing up and learning to manage ressources.

I literally have ZERO respect for people like him. Yes, he might be kind and a nice person, but that doesnt make him less silly.

You are a di^k*ead do you know that?
Edited by lordbossi#6952 on 5/8/2014 4:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 04:16 AMPosted by lordbossi

It doesnt bother me. People like him are kinda sad, because they base their income on something which is highly depending on an initial hype.

Some of you seem to forget to compare this to a real job. In a game, there will always be wall. When doing something for money, you always have to care for the future - this part of growing up and learning to manage ressources.

I literally have ZERO respect for people like him. Yes, he might be kind and a nice person, but that doesnt make him less silly.

You are a di^k*ead do you know that?

Im just being realistic. The real world works like that, im sorry to burst your bubble.
Reply Quote
The only thing that was better with D2 than D3 was that back then people didn't post long threads/videos about them quitting a game, as if it somehow was a major announcement.

I've played and quit hundreds of games. That's what gamers do.
Reply Quote
I pretty much agree with him, the game have become shallow with smart drops, rerolling and no trading.

Ive been addicted to the game for a long time but unfortunately i get less and less eager to play when i get home, the only purpose to play would be to get some more set items but since there is nothing to do with those set items i dont think i will bother.

Progress is the purpose of playing for me, but the spectrum of good and bad gear is so small. You can craft your way into T4 and the differenece from that level to having full sets is not bif enough to make it worth the effort.

If you are luky crafting you can get much better gear within 10 minutes of crafting than you will get when using 4-5 set items with decent rolls.
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 04:24 AMPosted by Freudian

I've played and quit hundreds of games. That's what gamers do.

If you put 1000´s of hours into something you have invested some time and are likely to actually care about it. Sure its a game but free time is just as important as anything else and of course people want to make the best of it.

I dont think he believes he is more important, but since he have invested loads of time into the game it would be weird if Blizzard wasnt interested in why he quits.
Reply Quote
why does it bother you that someone makes a video about something btw?

Your current job holds no more stability than any other job in the world. At any moment the world could be thrown into a World War, or some natural disaster could hit where you live, and destroy what ever company you work for.

I take it you hold some position of status? But did you know your probably make less than the guy that owns a franchise at McDonalds? Yea, think about that and how that owner of a franchise of McDonalds is calling you out as a joke because you don't make the money/live a life style similar to his/hers.

I really feel like your upset and offended by this because you personally didn't have the balls to try and make a living out of something you love.
Edited by TeamWorkTom#1750 on 5/8/2014 4:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Who? Never mind, I probably won't care if I find out who it was.
Reply Quote
Who?
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 02:07 AMPosted by Prankstone
Again, the root problem.. the game lacks Community. BOA = SINGLE PLAYER. We were sold a "Multi-player" experience -- however what exists IS NOT MULTI-PLAYER!

I think you can have up to 4 players in a game, that sounds like multiplayer to me.
Reply Quote
Your current job holds no more stability than any other job in the world. At any moment the world could be thrown into a World War, or some natural disaster could hit where you live, and destroy what ever company you work for.

This is just plain wrong, since you cant compare playing a game to a world war or a natural disaster - seriously, thats even more silly.

I take it you hold some position of status? But did you know your probably make less than the guy that owns a franchise at McDonalds? Yea, think about that and how that owner of a franchise of McDonalds is calling you out as a joke because you don't make the money/live a life style similar to his/hers.

I make way less then a McDs franchise owner, which i am aware of. I earn enough money to fund my lifestyle, and i really enjoy my life. Being aware of the future, i chose a job where ressources are always needed.

Thing is; i enjoy my job, i enjoy my life, and its pretty much safe for the future. Playing games is not, which makes it silly. Its simple, really.

05/08/2014 04:31 AMPosted by TeamWorkTom
I really feel like your upset and offended by this because you personally didn't have the balls to try and make a living out of something you love.

I already had the balls to fulfill my dream of being self employed, without any starting money or backups. A mix of balls and sillyness. The difference is, the job i do atleast has the chance of being successful, because theres a FUTURE. in games, theres not.

I dont know any gamers who constantly make money off of gaming for like, lets say 10 years. Ill just quote what Ola Moum aKa 'elemeNt' said, a former VERY popular counterstrike player: "it was fun while it lasted, but making money off of gaming is a terrible choice for the future."

If that shinobi dude seriously made his whole living from playing games, he plain deserves it for being stupid.
Reply Quote
People like him are kinda sad, because they base their income on something which is highly depending on an initial hype.

That is not your problem, not your business.
If you say something like this, in real life, to another person, you get sued instantly....why cant you mind your own business ?
He can live the way HE WANTS, no need for someone to come and tell him what to stream, how to make his own money...
Or are you paying his house bills, his food, his dog vet?
You have serious communication skill issues, dude.
And these can get you into trouble really fast, in real life....and in real life there is no forum where you can hide
Reply Quote
Streamer can't make money on streaming anymore, QQs, quits.

What's the loss, exactly?
Reply Quote
And these can get you into trouble really fast, in real life....and in real life there is no forum where you can hide

If you say something like this, in real life, to another person, you get sued

What the !@#$ did i just read.
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 02:07 AMPosted by Prankstone
Again, the root problem.. the game lacks Community. BOA = SINGLE PLAYER. We were sold a "Multi-player" experience -- however what exists IS NOT MULTI-PLAYER!

Funny, I still play with other people all the time. BoA doesn't stop you from joining a game and playing with other people, which is what multiplayer is.
Reply Quote
seems that if you are capable of burning out on a game .... it must be bad
Reply Quote
Pewpewdie (for example) makes roughly1.5 million dollars/year , only thru Twitch and Youtube partnership.
So, him playing games makes more then you building a car.
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 04:53 AMPosted by Sullivan

If you say something like this, in real life, to another person, you get sued

What the !@#$ did i just read.

the truth, hurts isn't it?
But , to understand it better, go find Shinoby ( or any other person for that matter) in real life and tell him exactly what you typed in this forum.
I dare you, DO IT
You wont, tho, and you know why :)
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 04:44 AMPosted by Sullivan
I dont know any gamers who constantly make money off of gaming for like, lets say 10 years.

Pewpewdie---1,5 millions a year, twitch ,youtube advertising and viewer revenues ( not subscribers, that would be anoter 300k+)
Kripparian---400-700k a year,easily, thru his Nvidia partnership, Logitech partnership, pub stunts
Ocelote---LoL, minimum, minimum 2.5 million / year ( he just bought an apartment in Madrid center, only from gaming)

But dont believe me, go ahead and read these numbers in google, its an easy search
You are just clueless...
Edited by KopaKabana#2884 on 5/8/2014 5:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
He does sound more enthusiastic talking about subscriber numbers than games, so I suspect there will be plenty of videos like this in his future as he's trying to move from host game to host game, trying to drag his viewers with him with "I'll always tell you the truth" sweet talk.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]