Diablo® III

Natalya's Embrace vs. Cloak of the Garwulf

Currently using Cloak of the Garwaulf but I was lucky enough to get a Natalya's Embrace to drop (also have Slayer and Sight). Wondering if 7% more crit chance is worth losing 2 wolves? I currently have 43% crit chance with the Cloak of the Garwulf so Natalya's Embrace would bump me up to a even 50%. Just looking for suggestions, thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
instead you can have RoRG I guess?
Reply Quote
For now the question is, what will you be farming? Does the wolves get to attack anything before you kill it with ranged.
With all that crit dmg. I suppose that you could go with nats until an itemupgrade comes in.
Reply Quote
nats, 7% crit is a huge dmg boost, 10 disc, in most builds is pretty huge as well, more smokescreens, more preps, more vaults. then when you throw in cost reduction... that 70+ disc pool seems to last a real long time.
Reply Quote
Should of mentioned Garwulf cloak has +12 Discipline where Nat's has +9

Farming T2 bounties and rifts, sometimes in a group, sometimes solo.
Edited by Tridius#1796 on 5/10/2014 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Honestly, Garwulf's is probably the most over rated piece out there. I only find it useful if you are already running Mara's and just want 2 extra pets.

Sounds more like you just need a pet for tanking in which case the Boar is going to serve you better than the 3 wolves.
Reply Quote
I would use my nats set if I didn't need my chest and boots for my current build. I already have 55% without the set bonus so if I were to choose I would use the garwulf.
Reply Quote
I had the same quandary, and it looks like from this group there wasn't a consensus on which is better.

@ Tridius, I see that you ended up using the Natalya's chest. What would you have done had neither chest had +Disc on it? Neither of mine do...
Reply Quote
Garwulf is only amazing if you have +physical modifiers, but overall it's falling out of favor because you can't equip TnT + Garwulf + Marauders.

Go with Natalya's Embrace.
Reply Quote
05/19/2014 07:57 AMPosted by BrushLawyer
Garwulf is only amazing if you have +physical modifiers, but overall it's falling out of favor because you can't equip TnT + Garwulf + Marauders.

Go with Natalya's Embrace.


Thank you for your response.

I suspect I'll wait till I get some more gold then swap the gems out and give the Natalya's a try for a few days and see how it goes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]