Diablo® III

Interesting loot last week.

Hello all just wanted to ask a couple of questions and share my experience from some good gaming time I put in last week.

First and foremost I am a casual player, my average play time is maybe 1 or 2 hours a day, I also acknowledge and agree that my gear is mostly crap, my Toughness is low, and my small amount of play time does not really give a good perception of drop rates, anyway here is my experience.

I had 3 days off from work and with the wife out of town on a business trip; I decided to put in some good D3 time since I had not played for 4 days or so.
Log in Wednesday and start doing T1 bounties and rifts. As Always, I start the game with a rift (while holding a dead chicken of my LEFT hand of course). 3 minutes into the rift bam first leg. Witching hour not a great roll but ok I was happy, later that rift another leg drops it was crap.
Leave the rift and do some bounties, nothing really drops, get my cache bam RoRG, again not really good rolls but it will do. I do another rift and 2 minutes into it I get my chicken mojo,( Manajuma's Gory Fetch) bad rolls again, but it was an upgrade from the one I had, by this time I am smiling, 2 minutes later bam an leg healing potion.
Then a good 3 hours of dry spell while doing rifts/bounties, literally no legs at all. Before logging off, I go and play with Kadala, and bam MoJ after 100 shards, then bam thing of the deep after 300 shards.
So all in all it was a great day.

Next day I play for almost 6 hours 1 leg trash blackthorne legs .
Day after that I play for 4.5 hours 2 trash legs
Day after that, I play for 7 hours; I get another chicken, terrible rolls, and 1 really bad helltooth legs (BTW WTF is up with those crappy bonuses on it?)

TDLR
After 4 days of not playing, I log in and within 4 hours I get several REALLY good items (but badly rolled IMO)
The 3 days after that, legs are few and far in between and mostly crap

Anyway, if any of you guys care to comment on the gear I got I would appreciate it, specifically that witching hour, MoJ and my thing in your deep :)
Reply Quote
Same here! I was thinking if they boosted the legendary quality last Sunday. I was switching around between characters but I wanted to put more hours into my WD since he wasn't even past the 24 hour mark. In one afternoon, we ALL got tasker and theo's. And drops started happening

WD: Max poison Max elite SOJ, Max fire SOJ, Manajuma set (in one fight), 2 pc Zuni (helm and chest), Queztalcotl (in stash because I dunno what to do with it), Tasker and Theo.
DH: Tasker and Theo
Monk: Max lightning Andariels

I'm not so sure if they did bump the drop rates but I hope it keeps coming. :D
Reply Quote
Wow, you had a nice score! Yeah, I hope the loot keeps on coming as well. I know I need a lot of it LOL.
Reply Quote
Don't know about you guys, but I had 0 legendary drops in 5 T5 rift runs before maintenance. ZERO.
To be fair towards Blizzard, I think they should have 2 tiers of legendary quality. Boost up the drop rate for the lower tier, and maintain the hard-to-find drop rate for the top tier. Just make the basic items (MoJ, T&T, SMK, Jade Set, Zuni Set, Dog-dagger, everything) easily available so that players can try out different builds before quitting the game!

I can imagine if a casual player needs one year just to find a set to test out one build, that person will most likely quit and stay away from all future Blizzard games.
Reply Quote
I had a great weekend loot myself. Started saturday morning and bam, aughild's authority plan drops (been after that for weeks) then spent most of my playing time during the weekend farming the mats to make shouders/bracers. Made about 10 bracers before I got one that could be 20 physical/6 chc. made 3 shoulders. 2 good ones, 1 with int/vit/ar/armor and 1 with iint/vit/L%/armor the one in between those 2 was totally garbage (rolled vit/cdr/and some other crap) Then sunday night when I was done with aughild's set I go into a rift and bam, Thunderfury drops. rerolled to 2400 dps. So overall a great weekend play.
Reply Quote
That witching hour rolled pretty good, not sure what you meant when you say not a great roll lol. Int, Vit, Max attack speed, almost max crit damage, life after kill & fire resist.

It doesn't get much better than that. That belt is really rare and you are lucky to have found it.
Reply Quote
05/13/2014 10:00 AMPosted by RayRay
That witching hour rolled pretty good, not sure what you meant when you say not a great roll lol. Int, Vit, Max attack speed, almost max crit damage, life after kill & fire resist.

It doesn't get much better than that. That belt is really rare and you are lucky to have found it.

Thanks Ray! i appreciate the input. I was curious on what other people thought about it. I wasn't very sure if there were better than that. I am glad that is a good one. Any thoughts on the other gear? ToTD and MoJ specifically?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]