Diablo® III

Leg from Malth

If you are on a first play through I know you get Legs from Act bosses the first time Pre 60. Malthael drops one at 70. If you kill him pre 70, are you missing out on the one at 70? I guess my question is are you better off getting to 70 another way then killing him @ 70 for the leg vs just playing through and killing him at w/e level.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
I guess my question is are you better off getting to 70 another way then killing him @ 70 for the leg?

Yes. AFAIK if you kill him pre-70, you will not get the guaranteed leg drop at 70 if you kill him again.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It's definitely up to you if you want to wait till you're level 70 in Campaign mode to kill Malthael for the first time bonus Legendary item, but I have some additional information you might want to consider.

The bonus Legendary item from killing Malthael can be collected more than once by using the Reset Quest option. You'll need to repeat all of the quests for all the Acts (and all of their sub-objectives) in order to get another bonus Legendary, though.

So, if you're up for completing the Campaign twice then you can get more than one bonus Legendary from Malthael, but if you'd rather just play through it once then you might want to wait till your 70 for that item.
Reply Quote
05/02/2014 02:12 PMPosted by Grimiku
It's definitely up to you if you want to wait till you're level 70 in Campaign mode to kill Malthael for the first time bonus Legendary item, but I have some additional information you might want to consider.

The bonus Legendary item from killing Malthael can be collected more than once by using the Reset Quest option. You'll need to repeat all of the quests for all the Acts (and all of their sub-objectives) in order to get another bonus Legendary, though.

So, if you're up for completing the Campaign twice then you can get more than one bonus Legendary from Malthael, but if you'd rather just play through it once then you might want to wait till your 70 for that item.
Can we possibly get this changed so you just have to replay the act and not the entire game?
Reply Quote
05/02/2014 02:21 PMPosted by Kinney
The fact that you actually think those other 50 topics deserve an adult's attention is the problem.

Yes, if we just express our concerns in a professional adult manner I am sure Blizz will respond... :/
Reply Quote
If its your first play through... as boring as it is grind an area with lots of mobs and quests like the commons and just hit 70 before killing malth.
Reply Quote
05/02/2014 02:14 PMPosted by Sopranos
another thread where a blues response was totally not needed, completely ignoring the other 50 topics that deserve attention.

love it.

I've loled, so true.
Reply Quote

That's the slowest legitimate method of farming legendaries in the game. I get the idea of wanting to prevent people from farming safe and consistently placed end bosses for guarenteed legs, but it takes hours to go from tristram to mal, and just running rifts or farming adventure will provide many times higher yields for legendaries.

Just an offhand suggestion, but increasing it to 2 or even 3 guaranteed legendary drops would make that form of play more attractive to a players. As it is it's not even a consideration for most.
Edited by Shumabot#1509 on 5/2/2014 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

This is incorrect. Unless it was changed you only need to do all quest to be able to reset the quests, not to get the legendary.

So if you did all the quests, killed Malthael, reseted your quests and had a friend open a game on Malthael for you, you will get your legendary again(but now you can't reset the quests unless you do all of them again).

So you can get 2 legendaries easily like this if you did all the quests, and then you can forget campaing mode because it is useless right now.
Edited by Azrok#1654 on 5/2/2014 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hilarious. On April 4-5, I played Act 1-4 on T1 on my level 70. 8 legendaries for the whole thing and I took my time clearing zones and didn't speed rush. Got 3 legendaries in Act 3. So much for the 6 legendaries in the Blizzard lie from Blizzcon!

Perhaps if Blizzard fixed the drop rates with respect to quality items, the forums would be more positive. 200+ hours in T1-4 without a single Zuni piece? So much for "moving" the Zuni and other class specific sets to T1-6 to make higher difficulties "more rewarding".

It's a shame the campaign mode is so unrewarding. I would definitely recommend finishing Act 5 at level 70 since there is really no point in another Act 1-5 play through.
Reply Quote
If you wait til 70 you will get a badass two-handed weapon.
Reply Quote

[/quote]

Or you could save yourself hours and hours and go break some barrels for a few minutes to get your guaranteed legendary.
Reply Quote
05/02/2014 02:45 PMPosted by McCloud

Or you could save yourself hours and hours and go break some barrels for a few minutes to get your guaranteed legendary.

Blizzard does make the best games. Kill awesome bosses for the best loot? Hell no. Get better quality/quantity of loot killing higher torment levels? Hell no. LOAD UP ANY DIFFICULTY AND SMASH BARRELS!? GET BEST IN SLOTTTTTTTTTT
Edited by Detroit#1621 on 5/2/2014 2:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
why all those reports? If you seriously think a blue answer was absolutely necessary here, well.... I mean, ... no words

even the trolls could have given the OP a very accurate answer.

Agreed with all the ppl saying this is not a thread worthy of a blue answer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]