Diablo® III

Just salvaged 200 useless lvl 70 HC legendaries

what I started with - 266 unID legendaries (trigger warning, you might be jelly at massive amounts of lvl 70 legs on every screenshot... no worries though, they are all trash):

http://i57.tinypic.com/1585rms.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/984vn6.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/66xkhz.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/24v0gvn.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/fbao9f.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/344zb5j.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/2uhwk94.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2nhewdi.jpg

summary of what I kept (there were a few more that were ok and I kept in case I died... would never keep in SC):
http://i61.tinypic.com/2wrjj1v.jpg

Most class greens, few legendaries. Sounds like a reasonable deal.

I don't recall how long it took me to farm these, around 3 weeks? I play alot, around 5-7 hours a day currently. Yeah, no life, and so on. You might remember me from that 30 page thread on becoming America's first HC Paragon 100, well, I took a break for year, realized that life sux, and now I'm back to no life mode.

Let's get rolling.

Remember that time we had a big loot 2.0 post and we were promised that when we see a legendary drop, we won't wonder if it's awesome, we will wonder HOW AWESOME IT IS?
Yeaaaa..... no. Loot 2.0 is amazing in comparison with Loot 1.0, but is that really saying much?

Here's the cold hard truth: 95% of 2.0 legendaries are bad. They are so bad that players will only use them because they have no alternative. They are basically rares with slightly better stats (and actually it's easier to get a good rare than a good crappy legendary.

The biggest question I have for Blizzard is ... why? Why did you make the legendary loot so overwhelmingly bad? Or do you think it's not bad? - that's my next question.
And my third question: is there anyone at Blizzard who plays this game full time, not to QA it, but to play it with idea of creating strongest possible charactes?
I honestly don't think so. Because they'd tell you many months ago just how bad 95% of "hard earned, 1 per 90 minutes" legendaries are, and how ridiculousthe grind for them becomes very quickly. Getting a specific piece of gear for a specific set is of right now, a forlorn hope.

But that's not my problem. I'm OK with not finding 3rd piece of Earth for good 50 hours of grinding, I know it's top tier, I'm not asking to be just awarded it.

My problem is that 95% of legendaries I find are plain and simple unusable.

Even in Hardcore, where you're supposed to stash away character rebuild gear for when DC or strong elite gets you.

They don't create alternative builds, they don't create interesting builds, they don't add stats, they are just plain bad. They might as well be rares. Honestly, let's call it what it is.

I realize that fixing bad legendaries is not easy. I know there are no resources to work in fun effects into every legendary, that's fine.

Why not just buff the stats? Why not give unique stats? Boj anglers? Give them +50% uncapped movespeed. Profane pauldrons? +10000 life per second. Sounds insane? you know most people will still salvage these (cause sets are better, but I'll touch on that later), even with these huge buffs?

But at least they'll make salvaging a choice. And they will be asking themselves: "damn ,no other boots has 50% movespeed, should I really salvage them? Or maybe ill stash them and think of a build later".

Are these fixes truly difficult to implement?

Or hell, you don't want to uncap speed - fine. How about 1000 max primary stat instead of 500. That'd make me think.
Or heck, give it 5 primaries. Or 6. Doombringer has 5, it's still a bad weapon but at least i'll think about possibility of using it if it rolls well.

So, here is my insta salvage list:
Shoulders:
Profane Pauldrons
Pauldrons of Zakara (repair costs harsh, HARSH!)
Vile Ward
Corruption (did anyone ever bother to craft this? really?)

Homing Pads and DWM are quite solid and deserve to be called legendary. Thank you for these.

Chest:
salvage:
Aquira Cuirass (No. just no.)
Heart of Iron (cool idea with LOH, but you forgot that 4/2 thingy where we need certain stats)
Chaingmail (weird useless bonus)
Shi Mizu (same)
Mantle of Ryd
Tyraels (move speed should not be primary. or uncap it)
Goldskin (unique but bad. should be 200 ar or something)

Cindercoat is amazing and semi-buildchanging, an actual alternative to set chests. goldskin is bad but at least unique

Wrists
Salvage:
Gundo
Slave bonds (ms!)
Custerian (bad bonus)
Nemesis (cool bonus but why wear them and not just switch?)
lacuni (remove ms or uncap)
Reflectors
Trangouls
Kethry

Reapers, Defenders, IAS bracers and strongarm are all solid.

Gloves:
Stone (cause when did immobilize matter....?)
St Archew (cool bonus, unfixable stats)
Gladiator
Penders

Rest are excellent. Magefists is a good example of how good stats without any special effect still make a leg usable.

Belts
Salvage:
Vigilante
Saffron
String
Angel

Belts are in a pretty good place. Lots of specials

Pants
Salvage:
Hammer Jammers (ms)
Depth diggers
Skelton
Swamp Land should only drop for WD, or make the skill type bonus flexible

Boots:
Salvage:
Crudest
Boj Anglers
Mudstoppers
Boardwalkers

Amulets
Salvage:
Squirt
Etlich (give it built in frost aura?)
Rondal
Rakoff
Johan (please, no sockets on jewelry... ever)
Kymbos
Ouroboros (technically good, but basically a rare)
Halcyons

Rings
Salvage:
Manald
Nagel
Stolen
Untold Secrets
Broken Promises
Puzzle ring ( you know it pretty much does nothing, right?)
Rogar's (cool but unfixable primaries)
Eternal union
Obsidian ring
Hollow whispers
oculus ring (good but unfixable stats)
skull grasp.

You know everyone wants soj, royal ring and unity, right? can we not have alternatives?

I'm not even going to go over weapons.

Here are weapons worth using (won't go into class specific ones, there are few good ones)

1h:
SOH
TF
Odyn
+Fire dmg ones (burning axe especially)
+Cold dmg ones
300 spear
doombringer (top rolled 5 primary, still mid tier)
gift of silaria (top rolled 5 primary, still mid tier)
Fulminator and Skytter, I guess for the novelty? They are not very good
Monarch (not very good, but hey welfare)

2h:
Maximus
Stalgard and Scourge (low tier)

Soooo, how to fix all this in a day?

Double a primary stat on the bad legendaries (1000 str on a 2h becomes 2000 str) Heck, triple some stats (like loh, lps). They will still be bad, but at least not embarassingly bad, and posing an actual alternative.

Done.

On to other issues.

Mystic is wonderful, but do you think it's ok that players are forced to use it to FIX gear, rather than CHANGE gear?

1. Primary stat should always roll.

Look, it's not an alternative. Even casual players know this axiom. No primary stat = salvage.

Never spawn an item without primary. Please. Thank you.

Either that, or buff other primaries. E.g. 500 str or 1000 vita. not 500 str vs 500 vita.

2. All weapons should spawn with a socket. Period. It's a must. Axiom. Balance the rest accordingly (e.g. the weapon dmg roll can still be bad or good, and require or not require mystic services).

3. For expansion, consider removing/restricting crit and crit dmg. It's ruining the game, but I guess not that easy to fix. Crit should be an alternative, not be all end all. Right now if an item doesn't have crit/crit damage, it's instant salvage, with a few extreme exceptions.

4. 2h should roll with 150% socket powers (so top gem adds 195% chd), and double other stats except damage. Damage is fine. 2h are actually in a decent place right now considering how many skill use weapon dmg rather than sheet dps. I know crusaders with 2h/shield will become too strong from this - so what, balance it through their passive. It's already a pretty serious passive to take

5. Fix gems and sockets. Jewelry should not have sockets. Weapon sockets should be a real choice (chd vs damage vs ias vs cc for example)

6. Uncap movespeed and/or make it more expensive in paragon points. But really you should uncap it. So what if we will move at 50-100% speed. Many barbs already with perma sprint. So what? It doesn't unbalance the game, anyone with much experience knows this.

Lastly, on drop rates. They are fine. It's the legendaries that are not fine. Fix the legendaries and you won't have people crying about drop rates.

Or, if you don't want to fix legendaries, do something about drop rates.

Explain drop system. The safety net feels more like a soft cap on drops right now that doesn't feel well with anyone who plays more than 2 hours a day.

200% of effort should yield, on average, 200% reward, right? Not in D3 ROS it doesn't with whatever the heck the current drop system is, right now./

200% of effort right now yields about 140-150% reward. This is not right. This is pure communism.

Or, how about, make every legendary craftable? With 60m-100m cost, and unknown roll that most likely still require months of rerolling to get a truly good one, seems fair to me. But at least I know i won't be stuck grinding away for that last piece of set for months without ever seeing one.

Remember how we could cube up gear in D2?

Hardcores won't quit if there is more good gear. We will still grind for perfect rolls and to try out more build/gear combos.

Don't be afraid to give us either more options, or simply more gear, period. Or both in some average quantities.

Blizzard, you've made many amazing right steps in ROS and Loot 2.0. There are also lots of problems that are very, very easy to fix (like adding 1 primary affix to most legendaries, or simply doubling stats). This is an awesome, addictive game I think I'll be playing for a long time. We're not asking for alot here.

Simple, obvious problems with simple, obvious solutions.
Reply Quote
obvious bot
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 03:45 PMPosted by FxyO
obvious bot

You are new to this game, aren't you
Reply Quote
Excellent read. I remember your lvl 100 hc paragon thread and that was equally as excellent. You're one of the few players that actually has their finger on the pulse of this game.
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 04:03 PMPosted by JahIthBer
Excellent read. I remember your lvl 100 hc paragon thread and that was equally as excellent. You're one of the few players that actually has their finger on the pulse of this game.

Appreciate the support, hopefully we can get heard by Blizz
Reply Quote
theres only how many slots for you to wear gear in? You want constant upgrades forever and ever and ever and ever? I agree with some legs being subpar no matter how good they roll but it gets to a point where your gear level (how good it is) makes 99% of legs "useless" use your head
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Congratulations on your salgaving. Here's a blue star.

You could have earned gold, but only if you had salvaged 500 or more.
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 04:07 PMPosted by CJBulldogs
but it gets to a point where your gear level (how good it is) makes 99% of legs "useless" use your head

That's not the issue. I find a lot of side-grades. I also have a stash full of gear that I might use if I were to try out a different build, or complete a set. Nobody's nit-picking about +/- 1% dps.

The issue is truly useless gear, which includes socket-less gear, rings/gloves/ammy without cc/chd, bracers without elemental/cc, and anything that doesn't roll a primary stat.
Reply Quote
I keep coming back to the same thoughts. I'm really confused at how disconnected the devs are.

So much work has been going into stealth nerfs and drop rate changes that it makes you wonder what they could have accomplished by now if they focused on itemization.

I ran 5 rifts over an hour and a half on my HC toon today and only got a crap 2H legendary. Then spent my 270 bs's on gloves slot and got nothing. Meanwhile, the slog through the 5 rifts had me falling asleep. 4 of every 5 zones have ghosts, or are sparsely populated with groups of 3-5 mobs. No cursed chests/ cursed shrine/ side dungeons. It's so terribly boring.

Add Cursed Shrines/ Chests and off shoot side dungeon rooms with events that give 15% to your rift meter upon completion or something. Something to break things up.

When I do encounter a rift room with constant mobs and elites/rares everywhere, its SO DAMN FUN. It should be chaotic. It's like rifts in general are the epitome of the devs true disconnect with the concept of fun. They argue that the purely random nature is engaging, but really it's not engaging when the randomness is applied to mob density. And mob pack type RNG seems to be bugged, as I see ghosts WAY too often.

There's about a thousand relatively easy things they can do to start fixing itemization, but when we finally get new info it's about ladders/tiered rifts and a confirmation that there will be legendary gems sometime in the DISTANT future but no confirmation that there will be much needed changes to gems as they are now. No confirmation of any type that there are changes coming to itemization.

Such great gameplay on so many levels and the thing killing this game is the idea men at the top of it's development who have no damn clue how to create good itemization and gear acquisition curves.
Edited by KingTormund#1708 on 4/27/2014 4:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Great post
Reply Quote
theres only how many slots for you to wear gear in? You want constant upgrades forever and ever and ever and ever? I agree with some legs being subpar no matter how good they roll but it gets to a point where your gear level (how good it is) makes 99% of legs "useless" use your head

Did you ready the post?

I'm not asking for upgrades. I'm asking for choices.
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 04:12 PMPosted by JahIthBer
but it gets to a point where your gear level (how good it is) makes 99% of legs "useless" use your head

That's not the issue. I find a lot of side-grades. I also have a stash full of gear that I might use if I were to try out a different build, or complete a set. Nobody's nit-picking about +/- 1% dps.

The issue is truly useless gear, which includes socket-less gear, rings/gloves/ammy without cc/chd, bracers without elemental/cc, and anything that doesn't roll a primary stat.

Those stats aren't a problem with Legendarys, thats a problem with the game in general and those stats being overwhelmingly stronger then anything else...also your talking about the rolls you get, also not a Legendary problem thats an RNG thing....the only Legendarys that I feel are "useless" are the ones with no special thing about them (no unique affix or stat slot not normally on a piece of gear in that slot)....while I feel blizzard should have some legs that do nothing special other then better rare item stats, there is far to many of those currently
Reply Quote
When did RNG mean your next drop is always going to be an upgrade? Play this game 24/7 and this is going to happen. Take your wow mentality back to wow.
Reply Quote

Most of the people complaining aren't people who can breeze through T6 (aside from stuff that really needs balanced). So there's a huge, and I mean huge room for improvement - even in very good gear.

At this point I'm lucky to find anything I'll even remotely consider using. And my gear isn't even that good. It's also part of the reason I've had to craft a lot of my gear (having to use OWE just makes finding/crafting anything good a complete pain in the !@#).

Also, they need to figure out what they're doing with weapon procs. Ninja hotfixes have pissed me off more than once already. Odyn's used to be somewhat worthless because it didn't proc on single targets - then they stealth hotfixed it to do so, after I had already salvaged 3 of them. Now, I'm sitting here waiting for another to drop, which may or may not happen.

In addition to that, some weapon procs scale with +% elemental damage, and some don't. There's no rhyme or reason to any of it. Some procs would be quite good if they did. Fulminator doesn't work on single targets, and I'm pretty sure it also doesn't scale with elemental damage. Yet, Odyn's does, and SoH does. Thunderfury doesn't. Does that make any sense? Hell no.

Either they should all scale with elemental damage, or none of them should.
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 03:31 PMPosted by MotherMedusa

I disagree with you right there. The Chaingmail bonus can come in super handy if you're a Hardcore player.

Maybe it doesn't work well, but it might get fixed, who knows. I think this ring is not bad.

You forgot a really good 2-hander: The Furnace.
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 04:29 PMPosted by KhalARon

I disagree with you right there. The Chaingmail bonus can come in super handy if you're a Hardcore player.

Maybe it doesn't work well, but it might get fixed, who knows. I think this ring is not bad.

lol there is no good 2hander enless it goes to a crusader period. when will you effing see that every class can either get a 10% crit & huge dmg & skill buff or elem dmg buff over 2hander wheres a 2h has no incent to be useful but on a crusader on a junk class that still has massive issues.
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 04:29 PMPosted by KhalARon

If you survived, you're out of combat and you dont need the heal anyways.

Gobo does nothing, considering how drop system is setup. It's basically a rare ring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]