Diablo® III

PSA - Farming Frozen Blood? Don't waste your time.

Until Blizzard decides that there is a problem for those looking to farm Frozen Blood for crafting Utar's Roar, save yourself some frustration and don't bother.

I won't go into it here but a quick search of the forums will highlight the issue with Chiltara, the unique that drops this mat.
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 06:12 PMPosted by Facebiter
Until Blizzard decides that there is a problem for those looking to farm Frozen Blood for crafting Utar's Roar, save yourself some frustration and don't bother.

I won't go into it here but a quick search of the forums will highlight the issue with Chiltara, the unique that drops this mat.

A quick search highlights a lot of people have to farm a lot and don't have her spawn or the mat doesn't drop.

I got the mat to drop, but the resulting weapon was underwhelming. *shrug*
Reply Quote
It's much more doable after the drop rates for mats were increased after that patch. That's when I got mine.

I used my wiz on I think T4, using illusionist passive and wormhole teleport, with the Oculus source that lowers teleport cooldown. I also stacked cooldown reduction. It took a few hours, but it wasn't unbearable.
Edited by hirondelle#1911 on 4/28/2014 6:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They have more important things to do --- like nerfing the game some more to force you into Rift.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
If you're farming Frozen Blood then you might glad to know that we plan to increase Chiltara's spawn rate in an upcoming patch. We don't have an ETA for the patch yet, but it is being worked on!

Note that this change will only increase her spawn chance. The drop rates for the Gibbering Gemstone, Urn of Quickening, and Frozen Blood will remain the same.
Reply Quote
Don't bother crafting Utar's Roar. In the time needed to get a workable one you'd probably find an Azurewrath, and it's pretty much superior in every way. Or another useful weapon, since you can't control what drops anyway.

In fact, crafting is often unneeded or even detrimental, considering the Forgotten Souls cost.
Edited by Redhunter#1224 on 4/28/2014 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Might have been a coincidence but I was farming him in adventure mode for hours then read something online ( Not sure if its true) but it said he is more likely to spawn in campaign which he did first shot and dropped the blood for me.
Reply Quote
59 Tauren Death Knight
I wish they'd explain why they nerfed her the drop rates in the first place? It does not make the game more fun.. Just utterly frustrating. I don't want to farm her for months on end to get something I need to drop from her for heaven's sake... Why would they think this would be something players want to do? Like there aren't enough problems in this game already.
Reply Quote
Farmed her for 3 hours. Spawned three times, dropped blood twice. Got a perfect rolled high dmg streng Utar. No longer farming this mob im happy.
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 07:21 PMPosted by Grimiku
If you're farming Frozen Blood then you might glad to know that we plan to increase Chiltara's spawn rate in an upcoming patch. We don't have an ETA for the patch yet, but it is being worked on!

Note that this change will only increase her spawn chance. The drop rates for the Gibbering Gemstone, Urn of Quickening, and Frozen Blood will remain the same.

Good news! We plan on increasing the amount of times you'll see Chiltara. When? Sometime some day. She won't drop anything still but at least you'll see her more!
Reply Quote

planning on buff Aughuilds and borns increase spawn?
Reply Quote
I found one with my DH, i was doing normal caches... Should i feel lucky about it?
Reply Quote
The same issue happens when try to get the mystical orb leg crafting mat from wymshire....been farming that place for 2 weeks and nothing....The problem is that only two of the unique spawn most of the time....The super awesome cake unicorn which dosent drop a mat and Oliver the bear which drops the other mat in the zone...The other 4 or 5 unique that drop the orb are like extremely rare.... so you are faced with two rng rolls one for the mob to spawn then the other for the mob to drop the orb mat.... ready to just abandon trying to make the set.....
Edited by Resaix#1680 on 4/28/2014 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

^ This is soo laughable its just unbelievably funny! Do you even frequent the bugs forums? Hell most of the complaints even made it to general discussion. Do you know how many complaints are made about this Gemstone not dropping? Most of us are not even complaining about the spawn rate of Chiltara that is not the issue... The issue is is that it has a ridiculous small chance of dropping period!

The drop chance for this stone is soo damn small that i would even put money on it that even if we encounter Chiltara 8 out of 10 runs we would have to kill this prick possibly hundreds, hundreds of times to even get it to drop and i doubt it will...

So thanks, thanks for the heads up! Good work! (sarcasm activated!)
Edited by Grislic#1874 on 4/28/2014 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 08:18 PMPosted by Grislic
Chiltara's
i have ran her over 500 times and no luck, Gibbering Gemstone just wont fall for me .. fml :(
Edited by CHOLULA#1687 on 4/28/2014 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The drop rates for the Gibbering Gemstone will remain the same.

Wow are you serious? 2 Weeks of farming this thing.. and it still hasn't dropped. Yet you guys have no plans to fix its drop rate?

Jesus christ.
Edited by PrinceVegeta#1797 on 4/28/2014 9:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Was the Gibbering Gemstone low drop-rate bug addressed then? A blue back in March of 2014 indicated this was to be addressed at some stage.

Link: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9938423912

I have a feeling the Gemstone has been moved to somewhere in RoS act 5 since loot 2.0.

No it has not been moved to Act V, it still drops from Chiltara in the Caverns of Frost. There is a bug in play that has lowered the drop-rate dramatically so that it is now even rarer than it was before, but it still does drop. The current drop-rate is not intended and we are looking into fixing it, but there is no ETA yet though.
Reply Quote

You said that weeks ago and you said the same exact thing weeks ago about the eta. Thanks for the useless information.

For all the whiners about gemstone, QQ. It was never about that it was always about not being able to find chiltara.
Edited by Corbae#1477 on 4/28/2014 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Are the achievements all being re-looked at? I really want this 94% to be completed but some of the achievements are impossible, bugged, or achievable in the slightest most painful way. Like getting the radiant gem just below a marquise.
Reply Quote
A blue said the same thing back in February about the gemstone before ROS was out and it still isnt fixed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]