Diablo® III

Undocumented changes and complete lack of communication

Thanks for getting back... I'm a little disappointed the FS/FA issue is not being resolved a lot quicker, but I'm making it work as is.
Reply Quote
Hurray for stealth nerfs!
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 01:52 PMPosted by Grimiku
Thanks for putting together this list of feedback, concerns, and questions. A lot of these issues are things we've already addressed, or plan on
addressing. This thread is a great place to highlight all of them at once, and give everyone a heads up about what we're planning.

05/15/2014 11:58 AMPosted by Norz
- There is now a change in the number of Fetishes you can have (maybe documented, I forgot) but somehow the FS are overwriting the FA as they spawn. Is this an intended change ? is this a bug ? ALL the WDs are wondering right now, forums are filled by threads about it, but blizzard won't address the question. Kinda sucks because it'd make a huge difference gears wise.

I made a post earlier today about this issue, and you can take a look at it by following [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673199944#13"]this link[/url] if you're interested. Basically it says there is a bug with Witch Doctors overriding Fetish Army with Fetish Sycophants, and we'll be addressing it in patch 2.1.0. Tsarnis from our QA team also responded [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673459495?page=14#280"]here[/url], too.

- Jade set, Blizzard decided to simplify the way it works so people don't "fish for crits" anymore. Great idea. Overall though, many peoples feel like Blizzard took the opportunity to ninja stealth nerf the set. I don't mind a nerf (well actually I do but..), but trying to hide it to avoid a QQ fest just isn't right. Or if it wasn't a nerf, then speak up and show us some maths !

I understand where you're coming from, but this change really had nothing to do with the Jade Harvester set. Some players do "fish for crits" as you mentioned, but plenty of them actually use their DoTs as a single cast fire-and-forget. This change actually resulted in a pretty significant buff for those players in addition to being a general quality of life improvement.

- At the moment It seems that skill damage bonus equipment is broken on Jade set (Haunt skill). Many peoples have done the math, again, Blizzard is being silent about it.

We're currently looking into this issue, and I'll be sure to update this thread as soon as we know more.

- Many peoples - myself included - are getting destroyed by elite affixes. Something crazy. Again, I don't see it being addressed. How hard is it to say that you're looking into it ? or you decided to boost those affixes ? Just say something !

There was a bug with Plagued which caused it to deal more damage than we intended, particularly in the form of immediate damage. We implemented a hotfix that addressed this last night, but Plagued was the only affix we identified as having unintentionally increased damage. We'd be interested in hearing your examples if you feel there are additional affixes that seem to be doing disproportionately high damage, though.

Thank YOU for putting together this list of responses.

I know you guys can't be here 24/7... but this is what people are looking for when they complain about you CMs "leaving us in the dark" for what seems like weeks at a time.

Obviously, you can't reply to everything, but a little information here and there does propagate around the forums when other users re-post your replies in similar threads... recent quotes aside... lol
Edited by Telliks#1734 on 5/16/2014 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
here was a bug with Plagued which caused it to deal more damage than we intended, particularly in the form of immediate damage. We implemented a hotfix that addressed this last night, but Plagued was the only affix we identified as having unintentionally increased damage. We'd be interested in hearing your examples if you feel there are additional affixes that seem to be doing disproportionately high damage, though.

i did some basic testing and found that all elemental affixes were more damage, ESPECIALLY if the elite had multiple affixes.

Try this test: Fight a ranged elite with molten, electric, frozen pulse. His auto attacks will hit you really hard. Now fight the same type of elite with no elemental damage and his auto attacks will not hit you at all.

I believe the skills most affected are the ones that tick multiple times per second: desecrator, plauged, frozen (when the orbs are charging), orbiter and molten fire (trail, not the explosion). This leads me to believe that the bug/increase is a flat damage increase. Prior to patch the frozen explosions were dangerous. Now I find that I take much more damage when the orbs are growing in size.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 02:05 PMPosted by steps
i did some basic testing and found that all elemental affixes were more damage, ESPECIALLY if the elite had multiple affixes.

Try this test: Fight a ranged elite with molten, electric, frozen pulse. His auto attacks will hit you really hard. Now fight the same type of elite with no elemental damage and his auto attacks will not hit you at all.

I believe the skills most affected are the ones that tick multiple times per second: desecrator, plauged, frozen (when the orbs are charging), orbiter and molten fire (trail, not the explosion). This leads me to believe that the bug/increase is a flat damage increase. Prior to patch the frozen explosions were dangerous. Now I find that I take much more damage when the orbs are growing in size.

this man speaks the truth.
Reply Quote
Add Herald of Pestilence to the list. While their ground tentacle move has always done a good bit of damage it's begun 1 shotting me since the patch. I'm all for having to watch out for things but most of the time it starts doing damage before you can see it.
Reply Quote
Every other affix is fine (annoying but fine) except Thunderstorm, seriously makes me rage quit, 1-2 bursts out of nowhere and 6,5m T is useless and also Frozen Pulse which seems to have bugged animation, since most of the time its not the flurry of pulsing cold, but small pulse that is small than my chars and simply hides inside my chars body and deals massive dmg.
Reply Quote
Anyone else noticing yellow drops have seemed to have decreased since the hotfixes or am i having really bad luck, Also i seem to be getting far less legendary items since then too, i was getting maybe 1 an hour or something then after the hotfix i seem to be getting one if i am lucky during my whole play time. I know rng and all but 100% extra chance in getting one and it seems to be worse than it was before the buff was added.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 02:18 PMPosted by Michael
Anyone else noticing yellow drops have seemed to have decreased since the hotfixes or am i having really bad luck, Also i seem to be getting far less legendary items since then too, i was getting maybe 1 an hour or something then after the hotfix i seem to be getting one if i am lucky during my whole play time. I know rng and all but 100% extra chance in getting one and it seems to be worse than it was before the buff was added.

Same here, I played for 30 min today and didn't get 3 legendarys like I did yesterday. wtf?
Reply Quote
There was a bug with Plagued which caused it to deal more damage than we intended, particularly in the form of immediate damage. We implemented a hotfix that addressed this last night, but Plagued was the only affix we identified as having unintentionally increased damage. We'd be interested in hearing your examples if you feel there are additional affixes that seem to be doing disproportionately high damage, though.

The big question is this. Did you buff elite affix's some? The reason we feel like its harder was not because of just poison but because a whole they all hurt us more. Either they got a buff or our characters somehow lost ehp.

I understand everyone was complaining about Blackthorn's Set's. Was this small increase to increase the desirability of blackthorns?

My second question, Why does blackthorn's not protect against ALL ground effects? The stuff its protected from was pretty much the only affix's in 2.08 but now you added another poison to the ground which is Very hard to see if you already have plaque covering the whole map from the E's. If you could add that poison to the Set bonus that would be Great!

All the others, Cold, Lightening and such should stay the way they are. Only Affix's that are on the ground should be immune with the blackthorns set. This would have been a way better alternative than increasing ground effect damage. I went from using it when i felt like it to Now feel 100% forced to use blackthorn's till the damage is decreased. The only other way around this is to loose DPS and increase AR which would then make T6 to slow to be worth it for a Wizard at least. Or Make every class the same when it comes to damage taken instead of some classes getting an additional 30% since those people are the ones who feel like they don't do much damage, but to the ones without it we truly feel it which is why people are here complaining.
Edited by mat82284#1707 on 5/16/2014 2:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Hlidskjalf
Here's one not in the notes as well.

Barbarian War Cries no longer stack. So if you have 2 barbs in the group using War Cry you only gain the effect of the last one cast.

Nice little un-needed stealth nerf.

That is how it has always worked...
Edited by Spoons#1740 on 5/16/2014 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There's a disconnect that people are missing, though. The CMs aren't developers, and thus can't post what the developer's plans are until they've communicated internally. It's entirely possible that some of these bugs are being thoroughly reproduced before the devs are comfortable issuing a statement saying what's broken and how/when it's going to be fixed.
Reply Quote
Still seeing Elite damage with certain affixes being much more deadly than perivous patch. Thunderstorm, Molten come to mind.
Reply Quote

Arcane Sentry is doing whack damage.
Reply Quote
I'm starting to think the code that they placed in to allow the %damage to affect the +elemental damage on weapons is what has caused all these elemental damages from monsters to increase in damage as well.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
05/15/2014 12:33 PMPosted by InvalidID
Another undocumented change: The female barbs leap animation has been slowed to match the males, even though the males animation feels like its the one that's bugged (theres no other ability in the game that freezes your character in place after its used). I would love to hear some communication about it. The problem isn't a difference in clear time or damage output, it is just a nerf to the way the gameplay flows.

Nevalistis made a post about this issue yesterday, but I'll quote her in this thread to help spread the information. Essentially, we did it to make the male and female Leap animations comparable, but we agree that we went in the wrong direction. We'll be changing it to be faster in an upcoming patch (most likely patch 2.1.0)

The animations between the male and female Barbarian for Leap is something that's been different for quite some time, since the original Diablo III release in fact. Of course, the difference wasn't very noticeable as, at the time, you couldn't Leap multiple times back to back.

With the introduction of Lut Socks, this magnified the previously unnoticed difference, and we agreed that we needed to fix it to make sure both animations were completing at the same time and therefore performing equally. We do agree the fix went in the wrong direction, and as a result you'll see a change in a future patch where both Barbarian genders will Leap at not only a faster pace than the current implementation, but faster than the original female animation.
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Hlidskjalf
Here's one not in the notes as well.

Barbarian War Cries no longer stack. So if you have 2 barbs in the group using War Cry you only gain the effect of the last one cast.

Nice little un-needed stealth nerf.

This was like that in D2. Nothing new.
Reply Quote
View profile

- At the moment It seems that skill damage bonus equipment is broken on Jade set (Haunt skill). Many peoples have done the math, again, Blizzard is being silent about it.

We're currently looking into this issue, and I'll be sure to update this thread as soon as we know more.

Good to know it's being looked into. It's not related to the Jade set though. Haunt and Locus Swarm are not getting the benefit of + skill damage gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]