Diablo® III

Undocumented changes and complete lack of communication

05/15/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Hlidskjalf
Barbarian War Cries no longer stack. So if you have 2 barbs in the group using War Cry you only gain the effect of the last one cast.Nice little un-needed stealth nerf

When was it not this way? I play with 2-3 other barbs all the time, and have never had more than one of the same buffs on me at a time.
Reply Quote
Heh, and everyone use to give me a hard time for female barb. In your face old man barb! =p
Reply Quote
i have not noticed a single diference in elemental damage from monsters up to t4, it feels exactly the same as before for me. can still stand in arcanes for a while, and all the other affixes will not even be mentioned since they generate more fury to heal with than they do damage
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 01:52 PMPosted by Grimiku

There was a bug with Plagued which caused it to deal more damage than we intended, particularly in the form of immediate damage. We implemented a hotfix that addressed this last night, but Plagued was the only affix we identified as having unintentionally increased damage. We'd be interested in hearing your examples if you feel there are additional affixes that seem to be doing disproportionately high damage, though.

I took this info and went and did some testing. It appears plagued was indeed the one doing the huge lump of dmg. Desecrator and molten appear to be the same as they used to be.
Reply Quote
We implemented a hotfix that addressed this last night, but Plagued was the only affix we identified as having unintentionally increased damage. We'd be interested in hearing your examples if you feel there are additional affixes that seem to be doing disproportionately high damage, though.

I've noticed substantially more elite damage since 2.0.5.

For example, molten explosions used to do 1/3 of my health. After patch they now did 2/3 of my health. I had been testing different gear / damage reduction combinations the day before the patch, so I know I'm not just imagining things. There was a substantial difference in the damage taken, and not only by molten it was also plagued and frozen pulse, electrified and orbiter.
Reply Quote
View profile
I feel more squishy than I did pre-patch and am immune to plagued so I'm thinking there is more going on here. Thunderstorm and the fire damage from dead exploding guys would be my guess.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 02:05 PMPosted by steps
here was a bug with Plagued which caused it to deal more damage than we intended, particularly in the form of immediate damage. We implemented a hotfix that addressed this last night, but Plagued was the only affix we identified as having unintentionally increased damage. We'd be interested in hearing your examples if you feel there are additional affixes that seem to be doing disproportionately high damage, though.

i did some basic testing and found that all elemental affixes were more damage, ESPECIALLY if the elite had multiple affixes.

Try this test: Fight a ranged elite with molten, electric, frozen pulse. His auto attacks will hit you really hard. Now fight the same type of elite with no elemental damage and his auto attacks will not hit you at all.

I believe the skills most affected are the ones that tick multiple times per second: desecrator, plauged, frozen (when the orbs are charging), orbiter and molten fire (trail, not the explosion). This leads me to believe that the bug/increase is a flat damage increase. Prior to patch the frozen explosions were dangerous. Now I find that I take much more damage when the orbs are growing in size.

Okay, so read back to the patch notes. They addressed the bug which retroactively buffed all weapons with %dmg elemental affixes. Any chance this Elite pack problem is bleedover from that?
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 03:04 PMPosted by Matthew7823
I feel more squishy than I did pre-patch and am immune to plagued so I'm thinking there is more going on here. Thunderstorm and the fire damage from dead exploding guys would be my guess.

Its because of all the blackthorns complaints, now they made the set OP and mandatory.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 03:09 PMPosted by mat82284
Its because of all the blackthorns complaints, now they made the set OP and mandatory.

Just add it to the list of gear we need to swap. Treasure Ring, Arcane Amulet, Blackthorns now.

Thanks for buffing inventory opening!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Here's one not in the notes as well.

Barbarian War Cries no longer stack. So if you have 2 barbs in the group using War Cry you only gain the effect of the last one cast.

Nice little un-needed stealth nerf.

We intended for the various runes of War Cry to stack together, but there's currently a bug involved that prevents that from happening. This should be taken care of in an upcoming hotfix, but we don't have a current ETA to share. We'll update the Patch 2.0.5 Hotfixes thread as soon it's been taken care of, though.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 01:56 PMPosted by Draconum
There was a bug with Plagued which caused it to deal more damage than we intended, particularly in the form of immediate damage. We implemented a hotfix that addressed this last night, but Plagued was the only affix we identified as having unintentionally increased damage. We'd be interested in hearing your examples if you feel there are additional affixes that seem to be doing disproportionately high damage, though.

Honestly there is still a major issue with the Elite dmg. I am still getting trashed when I had little problems on Monday before the patch. I was comfortable on Master, and could cautiously solo T1. Now I can barely do Expert.

Same here, I was able to play T3 and not die (one or two times per rift), but now, elites kill me multiple times before I get to kill them and sometimes even insta kill.
Fire chain + some other affixes.
Playing barbarian, close combat is deadly now :(
Edited by Shark#1999 on 5/16/2014 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
05/16/2014 03:16 PMPosted by Grimiku
Here's one not in the notes as well.

Barbarian War Cries no longer stack. So if you have 2 barbs in the group using War Cry you only gain the effect of the last one cast.

Nice little un-needed stealth nerf.

We intended for the various runes of War Cry to stack together, but there's currently a bug involved that prevents that from happening. This should be taken care of in an upcoming hotfix, but we don't have a current ETA to share. We'll update the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12674919960"]Patch 2.0.5 Hotfixes[/url] thread as soon it's been taken care of, though.

Koo, TY for the feedback!
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Shark
Playing barbarian, close combat is deadly now :(

Imagine playing as a Wizard with 30% more Damage taken than you have.... SMH it sucks!
Reply Quote
@Norz

Stop being a self-proclaimed spokesman for the entitled youth

Yours truly- Entitled Gamer

P.S. - People love it when you rant and then try to sound reasonable, very nice strategy, I may pick that one up.

Good Day Sir! *Willy Wonka Voice*
Reply Quote

Only problem I have had is with Wallers. While the walls do no dmg directly, they seem to super spawn them in my games keeping me virtually perma-sandwiched in walls and unable to move making me rely on what few skills I might have available that can go over the wall. The walls going up nearly as fast as they drop make any affix + waller mean death for me and I have to rely on my fellows or followers to save me
Reply Quote
Ran multiple t4 rifts last night with 2 wizards could have ran t5 with another person and t6 if I had more health and couple more set items I could stand in arcane plague molten with no problem without blackthorns felt like the damage of these were turned down
Reply Quote
what about the nerf to Crusader's "Heaven's Fury Fires of Heaven" skill? Pre 2.05 patch there would be 2 beams and 4 beams with the legendary flail. Right now its shoots 1 beam and 3 beams with the flail? The patch notes only mention a damage increase and the beam nerf is no where in the notes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]