Diablo® III

t2 dh multiboxing

Incase any of you wanna see some legdrop galore or just pew pew laserbeam x4 I gonna start stream a bit soon.

Its only t2 cause my 3 alts area bit noobgeared lol but legs drop anyway.

http://www.twitch.tv/sugarpuffmultibox
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
05/07/2014 04:17 AMPosted by Powerpuff
Incase any of you wanna see some legdrop galore or just pew pew laserbeam x4 I gonna start stream a bit soon.

Its only t2 cause my 3 alts area bit noobgeared lol but legs drop anyway.

http://www.twitch.tv/sugarpuffmultibox

one day I wish I could find the time to learn how to do this...looks so easy..
Reply Quote
This looks like the only way to play solo and actually have a shot getting the drops you need.
Reply Quote
need the check if its possible the run diablo 4 times an my gaming laptop..
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 04:32 AMPosted by Grief
This looks like the only way to play solo and actually have a shot getting the drops you need.

Funny thing is that I have yet to find an upgrade for my main char from multiboxing LOL. Have only been multiboxing for 3-4 days tho.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
05/07/2014 04:26 AMPosted by Taiga
05/07/2014 04:24 AMPosted by Dàrkreàlm
one day I wish I could find the time to learn how to do this...looks so easy..

It's actually a little challenging keeping everything together. But once you get the hang of it, it can be pretty sweet.

On that note, how do you, keep them all together? Is there a tutorial to learn how to do this?
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 04:36 AMPosted by Powerpuff
05/07/2014 04:32 AMPosted by Grief

Funny thing is that I have yet to find an upgrade for my main char from multiboxing LOL. Have only been multiboxing for 3-4 days tho.

I'm sure it will start paying off and any duplicate drops of really good gear will no longer be completely wasted while you're soloing. I've had multiple tal helms and firebird helms that ended up being salvaged despite them being really good (just not better than the one I already had), also several non set duplicates that ended up as souls.

I'm honestly jealous that I can't box like this lol.
Reply Quote
Does this require a ridiculously powerful comp? I could get access to some of my friends' accts...

I can carry a full party in t3 so... Dang.
Edited by Zzat#1977 on 5/7/2014 4:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
05/07/2014 04:47 AMPosted by Taiga
05/07/2014 04:41 AMPosted by Dàrkreàlm
On that note, how do you, keep them all together? Is there a tutorial to learn how to do this?

You typically run all 4 characters into a wall or corner to sync them up. But you also have to make sure they all have the same movement speed, etc. so they aren't pulling away from each other as you play.

Anytime they get knocked away you have to run them back together which can be difficult sometimes.

It's way more complicated than streamers make it look.

I saw a message that says "broadcast on" is there some software required? I could see how the run speed or other things could effect it...
Reply Quote
One thing I am curious about, that I haven't been able to see if you do or not, is hitting tab and switching to each character to check if any legs dropped before moving to the next level.

Or can you hear if one drops on the other characters, it seems like you can hear all of them.
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 04:47 AMPosted by Taiga
05/07/2014 04:41 AMPosted by Dàrkreàlm

You typically run all 4 characters into a wall or corner to sync them up. But you also have to make sure they all have the same movement speed, etc. so they aren't pulling away from each other as you play.

Anytime they get knocked away you have to run them back together which can be difficult sometimes.

This. i tried it with only two and the hardest thing is keeping them together. All in all, I do better when I just play by myself. Much faster and less headache! Trust me when I say this is not easy at all!
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 04:53 AMPosted by Grief
One thing I am curious about, that I haven't been able to see if you do or not, is hitting tab and switching to each character to check if any legs dropped before moving to the next level.

Or can you hear if one drops on the other characters, it seems like you can hear all of them.

If you have the option turned on, you can hear sound from all screens. I only run two and leave the sound on so I can hear when a leg drops but I can also see both screens at the same time without tabbing (50in screen) so I can see a leg on the mini map easily.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/07/2014 04:34 AMPosted by synth
need the check if its possible the run diablo 4 times an my gaming laptop..

Highly unlikely. It takes one of my 7970's running at 90% to run 4 clients on low settings on a single monitor.
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 5/7/2014 5:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
05/07/2014 04:53 AMPosted by Grief

Just hit tab. The leg star is large enough that it is clearly visible even if you run all 4 clients on a single monitor. No need to switch between clients.
Reply Quote
View profile

K

This. i tried it with only two and the hardest thing is keeping them together. All in all, I do better when I just play by myself. Much faster and less headache! Trust me when I say this is not easy at all!

It is much harder than it looks. Obviously, ranged classes are easier to keep in sync. Nightmare is by far the worst elite affix to deal with.
Reply Quote
What kind of hardware requirements do you need to run 4 game clients on one PC ?
Reply Quote
View profile
05/07/2014 05:16 AMPosted by Harakiri
What kind of hardware requirements do you need to run 4 game clients on one PC ?

A good video card. Not sure about the processor. I run a 6 core I7 over clocked to 4.4Ghz. I would imagine an I5 or better quad core with hyper threading running at 3.5GHz or better but that is just a guess.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]