Diablo® III

Gibbering Gemstone

Seriously? The drop rate still has not been fixed. I have needed this thing for like a freaking year.
Edited by SöulSeeker#1818 on 5/12/2014 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
k
Reply Quote
my god you cant even wait 1 more day for the fix to go live tomorrow...
Reply Quote
I've had one for a really long time, don't remember where I got it, have no idea what to do with it. Does it open whimsy or something? Is whimsy any better to farm than rifts?
Reply Quote
You've been waiting for a year? I've dropped a gibbering gemstone in the past two months (probably the past month, I'm terrible with times and dates).

Am I just insanely lucky, or do you need to be more diligent about your farming?
Reply Quote
Is the drop rate still bugged on 2.0.5? I killed her around 30 times and nothing...
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 09:33 AMPosted by Khaoz
Is the drop rate still bugged on 2.0.5? I killed her around 30 times and nothing...

I don't think so. Got the gemstone last night on 5th or 6th attempt and I've been farming for it before patch for months. Got it on T4.
Reply Quote
The drop Rate does not seem to be fixed for the Gibbering Gemstone...Granted it is nice to see Chilltara every other time CoF spawns. This Gemstone has been eluding me for so long now....
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We did increase the frequency that Chiltara spawns in patch 2.0.5, but we did not adjust the drop rate for the Gibbering Gemstone specifically. We still want to the Gibbering Gemstone to be the more difficult piece of the Staff of Herding to acquire, which is why its drop rate wasn't buffed directly. That said, we did hear your feedback and felt that increasing Chiltara's spawn rate was nice medium. Let us know how her new spawn rate feels!
Edited by Lylirra on 5/16/2014 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 12:05 PMPosted by Grimiku
We did increase the frequency that Chiltara spawns in patch 2.0.5, but we did not adjust the drop rate for the Gibbering Gemstone specifically. We still want to the Gibbering Gemstone to be the more difficult piece of the Staff of Herding to acquire, which is why its drop rate wasn't buffed directly. That said, we did hear your feedback and felt that increasing Chiltara's spawn rate was nice medium. Let us know how her new spawn rate feels!

The new spawn rate is great. I run into her enough to keep me hoping now.

I know this is not what you want to hear but I still feel that the drop rate for the gemstone could use a slight buff. Even with 39% MF and the 100% buff I had no luck yet.
Reply Quote
The whole point of increasing Chiltara's spawn rate was not for Gibbering Gemstone, it was for Frozen Blood. They never said they were gonna change Gibbering Gemstone's drop rate. Just farm her a few more times, I got 2x Gem within 30 minutes. Just be thankful that they finally made her farmable, as apposed to the original 1 hour per spawn!
Edited by Jeremy#1212 on 5/16/2014 12:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You know, talking about the gemstone rarity and seeing things blunty whimsyshire is just another area like any other, aside from spectrum drop and different level graphics (wich can appear on rifts anyway) currently theres nothing really special on the place that justifies needing a staff to enter it.

Id say we can do 2 things here at this point:

-Get rid of the staff requirement, and leave it as just another open area

-Keep the staff requirement, keep the crafting agents rarity and increase the uniqueness of the place somehow so that crafting the staff is worth it.

It just feels weird that its the only farming level in the game you need an item to access to,

I have never felt motivated to craft one in these 2 years.
Edited by Colt#2370 on 5/16/2014 1:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bah. I crafted MY staff the moment everyone found out about the shire. This was before I was level 60 with my first character.

Get on my level scrubs.

lol, j/k. I'm so glad I crafted that thing...
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 12:05 PMPosted by Grimiku

I'm not sure this qualifies as difficult. Just time consuming. Its another thing in this game governed completely by the power of RNG. Calling the aquisition of the gibbering gemstone 'difficult' is like saying that winning the jackpot on a slot machine is 'difficult.'
Reply Quote
What is the purpose of the Staff of Herding for require some of its components to be difficult to obtain? If the trash mobs, elites, uniques, clouds and everything else had a higher chance to drop items then I can see the reasoning behind keeping some of the items difficult to obtain. But that's not the case at all. You nerfed the clouds way back in the beginning of D3V. You've generally nerfed the monsters in regards to density and drops. There is literally no point to farm it other than to say that you've done it.

Look at your statistics, how often are players actually farming that zone? Is the lack of players in the zone because of how difficult it is to get in there, or is the zone so lackluster that even though players can go into the zone they still choose not to because its not worth the effort to keep the staff of herding in their inventory assuming that they have the staff. And those that don't have the staff, are they farming the parts? Or not even bothering because its a waste of time. I don't think that I've even been in that zone 4 times in the last 2 years.
Reply Quote
I have an idea to make Whimsy a much more farmable place. Increase the difficulty of the enemies by say....2-3x, but increase drop rates and chances for rare items there. That way, it would make it seem much more appealing and much more rewarding to create the staff. Also, i got my gibbering gemstone on my first try :3
Reply Quote
chiltara spawn rate are great now.
you can actually call it "farm"

it's not so frustrating like before.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 06:29 PMPosted by oBsLumamastr
I have an idea to make Whimsy a much more farmable place. Increase the difficulty of the enemies by say....2-3x, but increase drop rates and chances for rare items there. That way, it would make it seem much more appealing and much more rewarding to create the staff. Also, i got my gibbering gemstone on my first try :3

Increase drop rates... Why always this? as of now drop rates are fine (And i still have a lot to get) but, i always saw whimseyshire as a bragging place to get to. not to farm. Its kind of sad to see everyone want the loot.. just to get to higher tiers.. to get loot. what happens when you have the best loot then? sometimes its not jsut about what drops.. I feel a lot of people lost touch with what games really are. Everyone seems to just becomes a mathematician to find the percentages and just farm what they needed to get to endgame asap. Isnt there any compleationists anymore? i dont think 3/4's of this community could complete Star Oceans: Till the end of time. Too much work, too much to complete. lol
Edited by TheJester#1586 on 5/16/2014 9:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
while i did get mine, took me about 10hrs of grinding it, dont see the reason for making it so difficult to acquire it. zone is not a great farming spot and the legs crafted from the mats from the zone are !@#$.
Reply Quote
I'd go on a hunch and say that they intend to put some SEASON LEGENDARIES there .

The completely mind NUMBING atrocious drop rate of the GEMSTONE is otherwise POINTLESS as it is now .

It does not fit with Blizzard's style .

I am happy that I crafted the thing 2 years ago - hate to be the one who has to do it now .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]