Diablo® III

Treasure Goblins Dont feel worth it anymore

Not just treasure goblins, I'm having a hard time convincing myself to even login after work since the drop rates are so boring. Played 2 hours today after work and only got a 2 handed staff, not even any forgotten souls from rift guardians, just doesn't seem very rewarding anymore.
Reply Quote
Mix it up. I got so bored rifting I decided to find my old spot in vault of the assassins. Wouldn't you know I got a legendary.

Heart.Of.Iron
Reply Quote
Goblins should be given the chance to drop Blood Shard at the least.

I propose to have a chance to drop blood shard as added bonus.

Do you know how risky many a times we'd chase these critters into a pack of elites and we'd still ignore the elites just to kill these critters?
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 03:41 PMPosted by Nodin
I use them to test if I'm geared enough for the next level or torment. If I kill them everytime, I can move up.

Heh, that's their primary use for me too. But I have slightly lower standards. 95% kills, assuming I don't run into an annoying (Jail/Wall/5xArcane on an Inside Map) Elite pack, mass of white mobs don't count.
If I can't ignore white mobs and kill a Gob, I wont move up.
Reply Quote
They are still worth killing, just not the hype they used to be.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/29/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Dinosaur
seems like every time i kill one. they drop a few arcane dusts a gem and a yellow. i remember when killing one of these guys was like " OH NICE" but now its like chasing around a regular chest with HP.

maybe these little dudes need their mojo back.

because i dont think they currently have it anymore.

It is a little bit like chasing a treasure chest with hit points, and I feel like they're worth the time it takes to kill one. I'm sure that's one of those things that will vary depending on who you ask, but I can confirm that we haven't made any recent alterations to their treasure.
Reply Quote
I have to agree seems like to little chance of a legendary for the effort.
Reply Quote
I was with two friends in T4 who suddenly screamed GOBLIN PACK. Teleported to them from town (I was salvaging) just in time to have three legendaries drop.

They are definitely worth it. :)
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 05:35 PMPosted by LastRights
I have to agree seems like to little chance of a legendary for the effort.

Heh. Try killing ~15 AT ONCE (more than one time) and getting 0 legendaries...
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 05:30 PMPosted by Grimiku
recent alterations to their treasure.

key portion of that answer...

recent

which means anytime now the conspiracy theorist will pick that apart and propose that changes were made, just not recently...
Reply Quote
It is a little bit like chasing a treasure chest with hit points, and I feel like they're worth the time it takes to kill one. I'm sure that's one of those things that will vary depending on who you ask, but I can confirm that we haven't made any recent alterations to their treasure.

Have you ever tried to kill 12 of them on T4+ Grimiku!?! I have! It's not worth it!

Sure we like all the marquise gems but if they were imperial... it would be worth it. Why would a treasure gob have crappy loot? I get so much reusable parts. It's a treasure goblin not a junk yard goblin. It needs to drop better loot. Maybe not legendarys but better quality loot. Marquise gems x 10 aren't worth it and a treasure gob wouldn't pick up stuff that isn't worth it!
Reply Quote
t is a little bit like chasing a treasure chest with hit points, and I feel like they're worth the time it takes to kill one. I'm sure that's one of those things that will vary depending on who you ask, but I can confirm that we haven't made any recent alterations to their treasure.

Treasure goblins didn't used to feel worth it. Now that white mobs seldom drop loot, *RARELY* drop rares, and gems/money treasure goblins feel worth it again.

Would be really nice if treasure goblins came with some guarantee though. Nothing excessive. Maybe a guaranteed drop of either an imperial gem, 80,000, or legend? In short, you may not get a reward you wanted but you're getting something to be happy with.

-AHMAD
Edited by KingOfBlades#1315 on 4/29/2014 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Last time I ran into a pack I got a leg out of it. Actually it might have been tf as well.
Reply Quote
It is a little bit like chasing a treasure chest with hit points,that favours ranged over melee, unless you are playing a difficulty so easy you are bored silly

ftfy.
Reply Quote
Had a gob put out my barb's Thunderfury last night, but aside from that particular oddity, it would feel nice if there was a bit more oomph to their loot pool. Maybe toss in a chance at a random unique crafting material or whip up a key system to the alluded "Greed's Domain" they presumably portal off to.
Reply Quote
Doesn't matter what they drop. It's some pavlovian drool instinct to ignore all else and fixate on the fat rolypoly gold spewing goblin and chase it down til it's dead and asploding junk.

Then face the train of mobs that chased your fat butt across the zone. Gawdforbid you picked up blue and gold mobs along the way. watta mess.

But I'll do it every single time without fail and/or die trying. Too much fun. Totally worth it.
Edited by vixie#1798 on 4/29/2014 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just add a buff to legendary drop rate for each goblin you kill. Resets after you get a legendary drop. Then at least killing them gives a bonus if they didn't drop a legendary.
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Dinosaur
seems like every time i kill one. they drop a few arcane dusts a gem and a yellow. i remember when killing one of these guys was like " OH NICE" but now its like chasing around a regular chest with HP.

maybe these little dudes need their mojo back.

because i dont think they currently have it anymore.

Glad to see blues commenting on the important matters concerning Diablo 3 at the moment.
Reply Quote
thanks for making this post. I'm going to start a running spreadsheet of drops from Treasure Goblins and maybe putting some stats behind the information will assist in possible buffage
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]