Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/ckbrah1954 (T6 Bounties ATM, sry for the lag)
Hey all, I will be making a guide on a new survival mechanic and a T6 viable cold build I have been experimenting. I am able to run T6 rifts and bounties with efficiency with this build at 1.3m dps, 87% Cold, 2.15 APS, 38% Elite % DMG Reduction, 45% Elite DMG, 170k HP, 23k Healing and 5m Toughness. Due to life and some of the brand new approach taken in this build, this will be a work in progress guide thread. Please see below for content. It will be updated daily.
If you have any questions for the moment or like to find out more about this build, please see me in game: CKBrah#1954
Rethink the Usual
I have been experimenting different builds for T6 in the past few weeks, and there was always several issues that arise. The biggest one is survivability. The conventional way of achieving max toughness and survival is through stacking AR, armor, and HP. But the key issue here is sustainability. You might be able to take in alot of dmg, but you wont be able to for long. Over the past few weeks, I came up with a new survival mechanic that would possibly alter future wiz gearing. So lets take a look at this new approach and some of the keys elements of this cold build.
Instead of stacking toughness, I think the best way to survive T6 is through mitigation, avoidance, healing, and crowd control.
a. Mitigation - focus on elilte % dmg reduction, and skills..
b. Avoidance - through skills and range.
c. Healing - through paragon points and gear.
d. Crowd control - through skills and follower.
1. Shard of Hate - combined with MM, for an extremely high proc chance.
2. Mirrorball - 3 Glacial Spikes
New Stat Focus
1. Attack Speed - Increases shielding, healing, dmg, CC, animation fluidity. The most important stat for this build. Aim for 2.00 +APS.
2. Elite % DMG Reduction - The #1 thing that results in death is elite affix and dmg, reduce this by a large % amount, and you will find yourself having a MUCH easier time.
3. LOH - MM combined with high APS will give you a ton of healing. Get it from paragon.
4. Life Regen - Get it from Paragon.
Skills & Alternatives
LMB - Magic Missile (Glacial Spike)
RMB - Teleport (Safe Passage)
1 - Black Hole (Absolute Zero)
2 - Familiar (Icicle) / Frost Nova (Bone Chill)
3 - Magic Weapon (Deflection)
4 - Energy Armor (Prismatic Armor)
more to come...
Equipments & Setups