Diablo® III

Torment 6 solo build : Starmetal pet witch do

video guide : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9VU4V7rlTo

profile link :http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/boxsalesman-2767/hero/14558394

Items required : starmetal kukri

items highly suggested : mask of jeram , tasker and theo, stone of jordan, aughild's 3 set bonus.

If you have a 4 set zunimassa's bonus , change the grasp of the dead skill to vampire bats , and change the 4th passive to fetish psychophants.

You can also change the 4th passive to something else if you have tasker and theo gloves , your pets attacking faster will give you enough cooldown reduction already.

Unity trick : Have a unity on yourself and on your follower , while your follower also hes the "follower cannot die" item , this makes your follower take no damage but you still get the mitigation from the unity effect.

Warning : some consider the unity trick an exploit because it's very strong for solo play and the tooltip on the follower item makes you wonder if unity is supposed to behave like this in combination with it.
Reply Quote
Forgot to mention in the video : amulets can also roll physical damage % , so you want to get it on bracers/stone of jordan and amulet.
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 08:09 AMPosted by boxsalesman
video guide : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9VU4V7rlTo

profile link :http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/boxsalesman-2767/hero/14558394

Items required : starmetal kukri

items highly suggested : mask of jeram , tasker and theo, stone of jordan, aughild's 3 set bonus.

If you have a 4 set zunimassa's bonus , change the grasp of the dead skill to vampire bats , and change the 4th passive to fetish psychophants.

You can also change the 4th passive to something else if you have tasker and theo gloves , your pets attacking faster will give you enough cooldown reduction already.

Unity trick : Have a unity on yourself and on your follower , while your follower also hes the "follower cannot die" item , this makes your follower take no damage but you still get the mitigation from the unity effect.

Warning : some consider the unity trick an exploit because it's very strong for solo play and the tooltip on the follower item makes you wonder if unity is supposed to behave like this in combination with it.

what a great video man, Great to see a pet build revolve around GotD. You deserve a +1! Thank you for showing us this and good luck to you!
Reply Quote

ICBW, but I think a blue posted on this issue and said it's working as intended.
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 03:55 PMPosted by DoubleD

ICBW, but I think a blue posted on this issue and said it's working as intended.

I'm glad to hear that , hope it's true; playing solo does need something , 4 player groups make this game way too easy.
Edited by boxsalesman#2767 on 5/7/2014 12:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
skill choices are definitely interesting...

I feel like since you're already standing around not doing anything besides popping cooldowns, you'd probably be better off with hexing pants + (illusory boots or ice climbers) and running in circles for the free 25% dmg

edit: LOL I just finished watching your video (posted this when I was about halfway thru) and just heard you say the exact same thing I just said... great minds think alike :)
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 5/7/2014 12:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 12:34 AMPosted by gotaplanstan

I feel like since you're already standing around not doing anything besides popping cooldowns, you'd probably be better off with hexing pants + (illusory boots or ice climbers) and running in circles for the free 25% dmg

edit: LOL I just finished watching your video (posted this when I was about halfway thru) and just heard you say the exact same thing I just said... great minds think alike :)

Yeah it's only theorycrafting at the moment as I don't have them to test it , but it should be pretty obvious how strong hexing pants are , and ice climbers/illusory boots are probably the best boots available if you exclude sets.
Reply Quote
You did not really show a starmetal build

- Unity 2x no blue post said its OK (false claim) - sure i would use it while it exist but show a video without using it
- You showed one pretty easy zone, core of arreat - easy mobs, slow, terrain is very much in your favor - its like showing a hellrift run on t6 - easy mode

/*This video does not educate at all a real game scenario (do a complete rift run and not with just skeletons etc, but a good mix of act4 and 5 mobs - then see if your active skill set is still good enough for that which i doubt)*/

edit: ok i found your rift video on the EU forums https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNVA-iyRP14

still point 1+2 stands
Edited by Harakiri#1378 on 5/8/2014 6:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 03:46 PMPosted by avila

what a great video man, Great to see a pet build revolve around GotD. You deserve a +1! Thank you for showing us this and good luck to you!

Thanks , glad you like it.
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 05:43 AMPosted by Harakiri
You did not really show a starmetal build

- Unity 2x no blue post said its OK (false claim) - sure i would use it while it exist but show a video without using it
- You showed one pretty easy zone, core of arreat - easy mobs, slow, terrain is very much in your favor - its like showing a hellrift run on t6 - easy mode

/*This video does not educate at all a real game scenario (do a complete rift run and not with just skeletons etc, but a good mix of act4 and 5 mobs - then see if your active skill set is still good enough for that which i doubt)*/

edit: ok i found your rift video on the EU forums https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNVA-iyRP14

still point 1+2 stands

The unity is part of the build , if unity gets nerfed I will test out new things but as long as it's part of this game I'll use it.
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 05:27 AMPosted by boxsalesman
05/07/2014 12:34 AMPosted by gotaplanstan

Yeah it's only theorycrafting at the moment as I don't have them to test it , but it should be pretty obvious how strong hexing pants are , and ice climbers/illusory boots are probably the best boots available if you exclude sets.

I am running a slightly different build than yours, using SMK, Hexing and Ice Climber. I choose SH and MC so I can keep running to take globes / click objects (with harrington) while my frenzy fetish army melting the mobs.
Reply Quote
I don't have a Harrington or Witching hour....is the crafted belt "Fleeting Strap" worth making for it's primary attack speed increase viable? I have the recipe and materials to make a few.
Reply Quote
Too bad I'm on the europe servers , the datamined changes to witch doctor seem pretty interesting , I really want to try out using rhen'ho flayer with fetish psychophants. I'll just have to wait a day to report back to you guys.
Reply Quote
05/12/2014 12:42 AMPosted by Exordus
I don't have a Harrington or Witching hour....is the crafted belt "Fleeting Strap" worth making for it's primary attack speed increase viable? I have the recipe and materials to make a few.

Make a fleeting if you don't have those 2 items to be honest. Whatever item you don't have just substitute it with what you can get at the moment being, til it finally drops.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]