Diablo® III

RNG: Debunked and explained

My only question is. Why did you level 5 wizards to 70?
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 10:57 PMPosted by GutterBall
It is not clear to me how one is to know that a cache is going to contain a RoRG if this is an item that only drops from a cache ... :(

That's a pretty simple one. Fill your stash and inventory with caches. Make games and open a couple caches each time. Once you get a ring, open every other cache you have in that game.

I'm normally pretty quick to call tinfoil hat, but this method is at least testable, even if it's difficult to conclusively disprove. There may well be something to it.
Reply Quote
So it's new news that farming for legendaries based on their base level could yield good results?

There are many tricks on how to go about restricting the loot table that don't need to be made public knowledge.
Reply Quote
This explains why Kadala drops the same 1-2 legs when you spam a certain item slo within the same game.

Also explains how the same item drops more than twice in the same game.
Reply Quote
-
This is a taste of what goes into Diablo's RNG. There's more, I know some of it, some I don't.

Happy hunting all! http://i.imgur.com/ByzaEwk.jpg

Ok so lets say I believe you, but ur gonna keep it a secret, why? Because this game is so competitive? Oh wait its not.
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 11:13 PMPosted by Thorgrim
So it's new news that farming for legendaries based on their base level could yield good results?

There are many tricks on how to go about restricting the loot table that don't need to be made public knowledge.

I completely agree. Unfortunately I made the mistake of telling some people about this particular way and it managed to garner a lot of attention here and on reddit. I will certainly be more careful about whom I reveal tricks to.
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 11:11 PMPosted by Ekanselttar
04/28/2014 10:57 PMPosted by GutterBall
It is not clear to me how one is to know that a cache is going to contain a RoRG if this is an item that only drops from a cache ... :(

That's a pretty simple one. Fill your stash and inventory with caches. Make games and open a couple caches each time. Once you get a ring, open every other cache you have in that game.

[/quote]

Too bad caches are already rolled before you ever open them so changing games does nothing.
Edited by Wind#1534 on 4/28/2014 11:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Anyone want to test this out in t6 lvl 34
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 11:22 PMPosted by Wind
04/28/2014 11:11 PMPosted by Ekanselttar

Too bad caches are already rolled before you ever open them so changing games does nothing.[/quote]

Not exactly true.
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 11:22 PMPosted by Wind
Too bad caches are already rolled before you ever open them so changing games does nothing.

Only the item level is determined when you earn a cache. The rest is determined when you open it. Farm caches on a L30 barb and open them on a L70 wiz and you get L30 gear with smartloot attuned to wiz.
Reply Quote

The irony is I only really need one ring ...
Reply Quote
Thanks OP - will test this tonight.
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 11:21 PMPosted by TealDawn
04/28/2014 11:13 PMPosted by Thorgrim

I completely agree. Unfortunately I made the mistake of telling some people about this particular way and it managed to garner a lot of attention here and on reddit. I will certainly be more careful about whom I reveal tricks to.

Hehe, kinda' like how now you basically have to keep your build a secret so other users don't cry about it and it gets the nix. It's always best to keep certain things to yourself, and some of the info clearly omitted is definitely things you just want a handful really knowing.
Reply Quote
So you are saying the same stuff as the guy in Reddit did. Only that he was before you. Sure.. you have fancier way of saying thing but It doesn't take away the fact that you are trying to take credit for his work.
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 11:26 PMPosted by Ekanselttar

Only the item level is determined when you earn a cache. The rest is determined when you open it. Farm caches on a L30 barb and open them on a L70 wiz and you get L30 gear with smartloot attuned to wiz.

this may change once the 'cache mf is tied to each torment level' patch kicks in. when that happens, its level and the quality of items (rares/legs) would have been prerolled. however that only determines the quality, it hopefully wont affect the actual type (e.g. ring, 1-hand weap, etc) of the contents. then it'll be farms lots of caches in higher torment, then open them all once you have a rorg in one of them.
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 11:50 PMPosted by nanonoodle
So you are saying the same stuff as the guy in Reddit did. Only that he was before you. Sure.. you have fancier way of saying thing but It doesn't take away the fact that you are trying to take credit for his work.

**EDIT**

My bad; I thought this was directed towards me.
Edited by Thorgrim#1699 on 4/28/2014 11:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 11:50 PMPosted by nanonoodle

The guy on Reddit has stated multiple times it was my work, but whatever. No idea is particularly original, there's a good chance someone else has thought of it too. In this instance he has clearly stated it was my work, and the links he provided were to my threads and my pictures, he doesn't try to take credit for it at all.
Reply Quote
Maybe I should visit Reddit...I've only gone to links to that forum before. I'm sure there's some good info on it and not nearly the amount of whiny b*tches like there are around here.
Edited by Thorgrim#1699 on 4/28/2014 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Any idea why would Blizz design a system where a limited loot table is "rolled" at the start of each game rather than having just one full loot table with every item in it for each game?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]