Diablo® III

RNG: Debunked and explained

I think there are daily legendary tables.

So many times I will get the same item as people in my clan / party on the same days.

For example I got my first follower leg since release of the ROS, and the person I play with who also didn't have one, got the other two the same day.

This isn't covered by "-The loot table is determined by toon, per game" point you make because it spans over different games and doesn't include people in clan getting the same items who I'm not in party with.
Reply Quote
Can anyone link to the reddit discussion as well? Having a hard time finding it

Btw thanks TealDawn for the write up
Edited by Rollz#1763 on 4/29/2014 12:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
With all due respect sir I think your troll is well thought out and executed, though alot of the information you have provided has been around for an extensive amount of time - I'm talking about farming lower level games to aquire certain legendaries. People used to farm lower games for Soj's, String of Ears, Lacuni Prowlers, etc.

The adoption of this idea and tweaking it to allow level 70 drops is quite simple, but clever.

I know how much loot multiboxers get, its absurd. The only reason I don't think you're doing anything special(elaborate schemes, etc) is well, the gear across all of your Wizards is extremely average. Especially on your main. With the afforementioned rumours of you multiboxing, looking at your account and paragon levels earned over time I'm 100% sold on you just multiboxing, which is fine, nothing against the rules here and your profile is a perfect advocate of what multiboxing does - Gives more loot, Gives less XP.

There are definitely some truths to TealDawns method, there are also lies. Lies not necessarily put forward by him.

If your method is infact as true as you say, and as efficient as you claim - Show us an item freshly farmed using the same method. Go farm 6 Custerian Wristguards and 6 BoJangles and prove your worth, should be rather easy no? Not many other bracers or boots to compete with.

I'm like you, I collect stuff, good stuff and show it off whenever I can. I have 7 Thunderfuries and 4 Shard of hates on my Barbarian, along with multiple, well rolled "best in slot" type items. I did nothing special, I farmed the game and cut corners where I could. I farmed chests, Yada yada. I have found over 10 cindercoats, 10 Soj's, the list goes on. There are a few places (more previously) that yield a whole lot of loot if you farm them consistantly, sacrificing other things (such as xp) to do. Any smart player wouldn't DE these items, hence why sure, you can show us 12 moonlight wards, 30 chantodo's, 20 triumvirates, 10 mirrorballs etc, but you can't show us rubbish items, or even collect them any faster than anyone else in a shorter time because wellp, you're not doing anything special. People gawk at your 6 royal rings... I have DE'd COUNTLESS Rings -.-

Show 6 Boj Anglers and 6 Custerian Wristguards in 6 hours and I'll believe you.

Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. One of 2 things will happen:

1: Blizzard put a stop to this when they're done giggling at the office and prove this guys full of it, or affirm some truths to his method.
2: People stop caring because you can't keep them interested, theres only so much information you can keep feeding people before you potentially do blow out the method or straight out tell people (at this stage, will most likely be too far into the troll and the method when revealed will indeed be false, but he got our time, thats all its about.)

Either way, well done :)
Edited by xana#6143 on 4/29/2014 12:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 10:47 PMPosted by TealDawn
04/28/2014 10:38 PMPosted by KiranB
"-The loot table is determined by toon, per game. If it were possible to play in one game indefinitely, there would be certain legendaries you would have mountains of, and certain ones that will never drop. You could open 50 A1 Cache and not get a single RRoG because RRoG is not in your table for that game."

Where did you see/hear this?
Are you saying I shouldn't have left the game where I got my random Mask of Jeram? Or my Jade Harvester pants?

Not necessarily. What I'm saying is that not every item you want will be in the game you start.

This is very disturbing if true for a lvl 70 game.
Reply Quote
Interesting.

I bought my Ros a week later than my friend. So when I start to join them for bounties or rift, they are 70. They created the game, the loots I getting are 70's, I have to wait to use them as I am not max. After a while 1 of them decides to create a Crusader. I happened to login and he was at 67, joined his 67 T4 game, looted a andy helm but shet, its a level 67! I remembered it well as I wore that helm for couples of weeks before finding a new 70 legendary helmet. So seeing wat I looted, I left, created my own game and invited him to my game. From it he is getting level 70's loot. Same for me, 70's loot.

Not end of story yet, in 1 of the game I found a Barber, I am a wizard, and I am actually using 1 at that time so without ID'ing it, I passed him, the crusader. He ID'ed it and voila, it has INT in main stats.
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 11:53 PMPosted by TealDawn
04/28/2014 11:50 PMPosted by nanonoodle
So you are saying the same stuff as the guy in Reddit did. Only that he was before you. Sure.. you have fancier way of saying thing but It doesn't take away the fact that you are trying to take credit for his work.

The guy on Reddit has stated multiple times it was my work, but whatever. No idea is particularly original, there's a good chance someone else has thought of it too. In this instance he has clearly stated it was my work, and the links he provided were to my threads and my pictures, he doesn't try to take credit for it at all.

You misunderstood. Maybe my English wasn't good enough. I'm saying the guy on Reddit shared this information before you. He figured it out. I'm saying you are trying to take credit for it. But as you said no idea is particularly original... Maybe it's coincidence that you happen to share the same information hours later...
Edited by nanonoodle#2105 on 4/29/2014 12:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 11:56 PMPosted by lightstorm
Any idea why would Blizz design a system where a limited loot table is "rolled" at the start of each game rather than having just one full loot table with every item in it for each game?

this , exactly
I am curious about this also, why at level 70 we get a limited loot table pre reroled when we start a new game ?
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 12:09 AMPosted by xana
With all due respect sir I think your troll is well thought out and executed, though alot of the information you have provided has been around for an extensive amount of time - I'm talking about farming lower level games to aquire certain legendaries. People used to farm lower games for Soj's, String of Ears, Lacuni Prowlers, etc.

The adoption of this idea and tweaking it to allow level 70 drops is quite simple, but clever.

I know how much loot multiboxers get, its absurd. The only reason I don't think you're doing anything special(elaborate schemes, etc) is well, the gear across all of your Wizards is extremely average. Especially on your main. With the afforementioned rumours of you multiboxing, looking at your account and paragon levels earned over time I'm 100% sold on you just multiboxing, which is fine, nothing against the rules here and your profile is a perfect advocate of what multiboxing does - Gives more loot, Gives less XP.

There are definitely some truths to TealDawns method, there are also lies. Lies not necessarily put forward by him.

If your method is infact as true as you say, and as efficient as you claim - Show us an item freshly farmed using the same method. Go farm 6 Custerian Wristguards and 6 BoJangles and prove your worth, should be rather easy no? Not many other bracers or boots to compete with.

I'm like you, I collect stuff, good stuff and show it off whenever I can. I have 7 Thunderfuries and 4 Shard of hates on my Barbarian, along with multiple, well rolled "best in slot" type items. I did nothing special, I farmed the game and cut corners where I could. I farmed chests, Yada yada. I have found over 10 cindercoats, 10 Soj's, the list goes on. There are a few places (more previously) that yield a whole lot of loot if you farm them consistantly, sacrificing other things (such as xp) to do. Any smart player wouldn't DE these items, hence why sure, you can show us 12 moonlight wards, 30 chantodo's, 20 triumvirates, 10 mirrorballs etc, but you can't show us rubbish items, or even collect them any faster than anyone else in a shorter time because wellp, you're not doing anything special. People gawk at your 6 royal rings... I have DE'd COUNTLESS Rings -.-

1: Blizzard put a stop to this when they're done giggling at the office and prove this guys full of it, or affirm some truths to his method.
2: People stop caring because you can't keep them interested, theres only so much information you can keep feeding people before you potentially do blow out the method or straight out tell people (at this stage, will most likely be too far into the troll and the method when revealed will indeed be false, but he got our time, thats all its about.)

I only started multiboxing less than a week ago, and kadala legs are not tradeable. It's late I'm watching tv and will be going to bed soon, I can farm a bunch tomorrow if you really want.
Reply Quote
yes the 70 items from a lvl 70 character and you joining as a lvl 60 and gets lvl 70 loots, i do remember that well, until they fixed it D:
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 12:27 AMPosted by nanonoodle
04/28/2014 11:53 PMPosted by TealDawn

The guy on Reddit has stated multiple times it was my work, but whatever. No idea is particularly original, there's a good chance someone else has thought of it too. In this instance he has clearly stated it was my work, and the links he provided were to my threads and my pictures, he doesn't try to take credit for it at all.

You misunderstood. Maybe my English wasn't good enough. I'm saying the guy in Reddit shared this information before you. He figured it out. I'm saying you are trying to take credit for it. But as you said no idea is particularly original... Maybe it's coincidence that you happen to share the same information hours later...

I'm convinced you are a troll. If not, read the entire thread in wizard forums, then read the entire reddit thread, then read this post.
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 12:31 AMPosted by TealDawn
04/29/2014 12:09 AMPosted by xana

I only started multiboxing less than a week ago, and kadala legs are not tradeable. It's late I'm watching tv and will be going to bed soon, I can farm a bunch tomorrow if you really want.

Lot of unaddressed points which invalidate your claims. I also never said you can trade kadala items. The advantage of multiboxing and Kadala is you can spread loot across teams, to easier farm and funnel gear into your main account.

#diggingyourholedeeper.

If something as great as this did exist, you wouldn't have posted it on the forums. You'd be selling it for real money on various forums.

So you're going to bed soon, I'll give you 8 hours to sleep, and then another 5:30 of the 6 hours I initially gave. See you in 13.5 hours with the items which should be able to be easily farmed in that time if your methods are true and you can indeed narrow a legendary table down to only contain certain ones. Hell, if you get lucky and hit the right game, It could take ALOT less than that, right? ;)

inb4 "I have to work".

By the way, don't read my posts picturing me as hostile, I've followed this since the beginning and love every minute of it - Just trying to debunk your theories in a fun, good intention manner.

Troll or true, still amazing.
Edited by xana#6143 on 4/29/2014 12:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm watching TV and responding on my iPad. If you think I'm a troll that's fine, prove me wrong or ignore this thread. I offered to farm the items you asked for but I'm not going to do it at 1 in the morning. Better yet I'll even take you on my runs so you can get the items so that there is no possibility I cheated.

Before making accusations about who is saying what and who let what slip take the time to read the thread in wiz forums and the reddit thread.

I'm off for the night, I'll check back tomorrow morning. Peace.
Edited by TealDawn#1499 on 4/29/2014 12:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 12:41 AMPosted by TealDawn
I'm watching TV and responding on my iPad. If you think I'm a troll that's fine, prove me wrong or ignore this thread. I offered to farm the items you asked for but I'm not going to do it at 1 in the morning. Better yet I'll even take you on my runs so you can get the items so that there is no possibility I cheated.

Before making accusations about who is saying what and who let what slip take the time to read the thread in wiz forums and the reddit thread.

I'm off for the night, I'll check back tomorrow morning. Peace.

Sure, I'll bite. Add me tomorrow, I promise full confidentiality on this matter. I already said its cool in my above post, you can sleep and farm the items tomorrow.

I am in the process of proving you wrong, though nobody is able to prove you wrong - the only person that can prove you wrong is you, through enough ignoring of peoples requests (like mine, for you to farm the wristguards and Bojanglers) - If you keep deflecting peoples requests that follow the rules of the method you have put forward - it doesn't make sense... you just look more and more guilty. Every image or claim of proof of your methods thusfar could have been planned, nothing new has been put into play.

IE: I save my 7 thunderfuries untill I have 20, one day I take a screenshot of my 20 thunderfuries (and i can link them ingame too) and claim I have this elaborate thunderfury farming method. Its basically what you're doing here. With a larger item base across a larger character base - Simple, yet requires planning.

Have a good nites sleep. Cya tomorrow.

p.s I can be as supportive of your idea as I can be destructive, food for thought ;)
p.p.s - Genja is my main on my profile.
Edited by xana#6143 on 4/29/2014 1:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 10:29 PMPosted by TealDawn
Knowing that certain items cannot drop based on difficulty setting and game level, you can seek specific items out based on their base level requirement, and if they are torment only items or not.

How do i know which items can not drop on a specific difficulty? And if the item im looking for is torment only or not?
Edited by esoxlucius#1871 on 4/29/2014 1:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 01:16 AMPosted by esoxlucius
04/28/2014 10:29 PMPosted by TealDawn
Knowing that certain items cannot drop based on difficulty setting and game level, you can seek specific items out based on their base level requirement, and if they are torment only items or not.

How do i know which items can not drop on a specific difficulty? And if the item im looking for is torment only or not?

Since Tealdawn is asleep, I can help you out.

Go to the item database: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/
See the Torment only items here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505892002?page=3#45 (CANNOT be gambled by Kadala.)
Reply Quote
thank you for telling these idiots in a nice long post what anyone who grinds this game already knows, RNG is NOT RNG, RNG is rigged
Reply Quote
Interesting. I will try this for the MLW from Kadala, which should not require too much effort on my side. If it works, I will get you a Chistmas present. Will report back!
Reply Quote
View profile
Could someone give a link to the Reddit thread please?
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 02:47 AMPosted by TheNoseKnows
Could someone give a link to the Reddit thread please?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/247vzy/heres_why_you_dont_find_the_items_you_want_and/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]