Diablo® III

RNG: Debunked and explained

Don't know if this is true (nor would I bother testing it) this just proves that the loot system in this game is pretty broken. You shouldn't have to resort to tricks and loopholes to get gear. You should be able to reasonably aquire the items you want simply by playing.
Reply Quote
View profile
Exactly. I always thought low level farming was dead and buried after Leoric's Signet and the Nagelring got the Loot 2.0 treatment, but this, if true, is just appalling. Plus it won't even help me get my Tasker and Theo's...

EDIT: And thanks for the link, xana.
Edited by TheNoseKnows#1451 on 4/29/2014 2:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Interesting. This would mean that level 70 legendaries are even more harder to find because a level 70 game, regardless of torment level, would also have a chance to drop lower base legendary items which in turn lowers the overall drop rate of level 70 legendaries.

And with the addition of a per toon/per game loot table, your chances are even far worse.

So, tactically, you should base your current game on the first legendary drop that you get, even if it is dependent on the legendary drop rate timer.

If the first legendary that drops for you is crap. Start a new game.

If the first legendary that drops for you is uber, farm it.

The only problem I see is that the number of legendaries is finitely small. Why have a delimiting loot table that limits which legendaries can drop when the RNG system to drop legendaries wouldn't be big and taxing on systems with such a small number of legendaries?
Reply Quote
By the way, could some people on Europe that aren't undergoing maintenance now please do this to try and DISPROVE the simple claims Tealdawn is making.

Step 1: Host game on level 8 Wizard. (I say 8 because even if the +3 thing is right, the next amulet that can drop is level 29, so it won't matter if its level 5 or 8, so just make a level 8 Wizard to be sure.)
Step 2: Join game on a level 70 Wizard.
Step 3: Gamble AMULETS on your level 70 at Kadala
Step 4: If any other necklaces apart from Squirts or Moonlight Ward drops we can disprove this theory and look at other things.

The reason I'm ignoring the whole "Farm to see whats on your loot table" thing is because theres only 2 possible amulets you can gamble on a level 70 in a level 8 game. The easiest and quickest way to disprove this, is to gamble something that isn't on a level 8 game's loot table.

I really have my suspicions this (combined with multiboxing) is all Tealdawn is doing, as none of his albeit rare legendaries come in high quantities that are >level 40~. Presumably he's only farming the level 31 legendaries and below (Mirrorball, Wand of Woe, Thunderfury, Moonlight ward, etc.)
Edited by xana#6143 on 4/29/2014 3:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
lol is he going to tell us something we don't already know. , another wall od useless drivel. These people need to make a blog or something.

He did not mention that if you get a bag on your WD, give it to your DH when he opens it the item will have dex. Also he completely ignores the latest blule post on how the bas will drop legs and how torment level affects them.
Edited by DeadRu#1893 on 4/29/2014 3:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Oh, I get it. It's a troll.

And that image at the end? Class MS Paint job:
http://i.imgur.com/J4nRHGS.png
Reply Quote
Ok, i did rift runs , level 34 torment 6

Gambled Kadala, and a winforce came out, i thought i cant get level 60 items on a level 34 game? :(

Edit: Didn't crossed my mind to take a screenshot, also a frostburn gambled from Kadalah, as far i am concerned , you can get higher level items on lower level games from her
Edited by Faroldjo#1312 on 4/29/2014 3:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Way to not take a screenshot.
/facepalm
Reply Quote
That might be total random but i got my Uzzucob & magefist in about 5 mins in a T4 rift with a friend that oneshot everything (endgame geared crusader). The Uzzocob is godlike and my magefists too. What were the chances of getting a hand crossbow that will roll like that and getting a almost perfect pair of trifecta magefist...After that rift, didn't get anything good yet.
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 11:25 PMPosted by TealDawn

[/quote]

Too bad caches are already rolled before you ever open them so changing games does nothing.

Maybe the items type are rolled, maybe not, however, their level are already rolled.

I've farmed some caches with a level 28 alt, i've kept the cache until his level 70 and guess what?

All gears that dropped from the caches were level 28.

And to know if the items are already rolled or not, it's easy, just farm some caches with let's say, a monk, and open them with a barbarian.

If the gears that drop from the caches are "monk only" that means they are already rolled, however apart from that, there is no way to know if yes or no they are already rolled before they are opened.
Edited by Azalel#2153 on 4/29/2014 3:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 03:14 AMPosted by Faroldjo

Gambled Kadala, and a winforce came out, i thought i cant get level 60 items on a level 34 game? :(

Edit: Didn't crossed my mind to take a screenshot, also a frostburn gambled from Kadalah, as far i am concerned , you can get higher level items on lower level games from her

you can get higher lvl items from kadala. kadala is not bound by the lvl of the char who created the game. only the drops in the world are. but if a MLW drops, it means it is also in kadala's loot pool. out of a possible 1-4 other necks.
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 03:14 AMPosted by Faroldjo

Kadala drops items based on your char level not created level.

What teal is saying is that loot suppression is in world, not at Kadala.

If you say "I killed an elite mob on a level 34 game and got a Windforce", that will mean Teal's theory is wrong.

So as it stands, it's still not debunked.
Reply Quote
This kinda explains my 10 gambled magefists in one long rift session in the same game geez blizz
Reply Quote
Thanks for the clarification :)
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 03:00 AMPosted by xana
By the way, could some people on Europe that aren't undergoing maintenance now please do this to try and DISPROVE the simple claims Tealdawn is making.

Step 1: Host game on level 8 Wizard. (I say 8 because even if the +3 thing is right, the next amulet that can drop is level 29, so it won't matter if its level 5 or 8, so just make a level 8 Wizard to be sure.)
Step 2: Join game on a level 70 Wizard.
Step 3: Gamble AMULETS on your level 70 at Kadala
Step 4: If any other necklaces apart from Squirts or Moonlight Ward drops we can disprove this theory and look at other things.

The reason I'm ignoring the whole "Farm to see whats on your loot table" thing is because theres only 2 possible amulets you can gamble on a level 70 in a level 8 game. The easiest and quickest way to disprove this, is to gamble something that isn't on a level 8 game's loot table.

I really have my suspicions this (combined with multiboxing) is all Tealdawn is doing, as none of his albeit rare legendaries come in high quantities that are >level 40~. Presumably he's only farming the level 31 legendaries and below (Mirrorball, Wand of Woe, Thunderfury, Moonlight ward, etc.)

no, you wouldn't disprove anything. the reason you start the game on a specific level is to make sure it CAN be on your drop table, then you do rifts on t6 for the highest legendary dropchance and farm either until you a) see the item you want b) get bored or c) find ~5 different legendaries for that item slot to be sure it's not on you drop table.

the thing about c) is, we don't know for sure if there are limited slots for each item type on your loot table but lets just play along and assume he is right. in my example we farm for a low level glove, we farm for a few hours and found 50 legendaries, none of them were gloves, so we can guess that there are a lot of high level gloves in our current loot table, they can't drop from mobs, because mobs need to be ilvl+3 in order to drop the item but they STILL can drop from kadala because the game handles her items as player level drops from player level mobs.

it's a shame that TealDawn didn't reveal anything new compared to the reddit thread, all he did was explain how drops work in more detail but in essence it's the exact method without any more steps, so there really weren't any 'holes' in diablowjobs thread as he claimed.
the only thing that wasn't public knowledge, although different podcasts/streamers/players assumed this allready, is that your loot table is rigged and that you can't drop all items during a session. i'm not sure if it is game breaking for the average player but it is clearly exploitable (bad word i guess) by people that can go hardcore farm mode for hours. one information that is missing from both threads about this method is: when does your loot table change? do you have a session loot table when you log in? do get a new one when you create a game? and when you get a new loot table how is it calculated?

my last question is key to the question why he has so many wizards i assume, if you know a little bit about algorithm based rng you know that an algorithm needs variables to create numbers, the system clock is a wide known example, but what if your rng is based of the number of letters in your characters name or something bogus like that? it would explain why some people see a specific item slot way more often over the course of days instead of just one session, and it explains why they get different results on another char but the same account.
Edited by DantE#2402 on 4/29/2014 4:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
There's only 1 thing to say to the OP: Prove it or GTFO.
Reply Quote
In order to farm for a specific unique, let say MLW:

I can make a T6 game with a level 11 char, have a friend join, leave and grab my 70 toon. Once in game with the 70 toon, the friend can leave and the game always be a level 11 game from that point forward? Now i can farm level 11 mobs endlessly until i find a MLW or clear the game. If i wind a MLW will it be level 8, 11 or 70? If it's 70 then I'm good to go, if not i can then gamble Kadala and get the 70 version since it's on the loot table?
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 10:43 PMPosted by Leon
He starts and ends the thread with this main idea: I know everything, wow I am so great, much wow, look at the fancy loots, I won't tell you because it's secret or it doesn't exist. Wow I am amazing.

It is really a shame if that's what you got from his post. If you knew TealDawn, you'd realize that he is not that type of person. Maybe if you re-read his post without that preconception, you'd learn something. But then again, probably not.
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 04:18 AMPosted by Keegan
In order to farm for a specific unique, let say MLW:

I can make a T6 game with a level 11 char, have a friend join, leave and grab my 70 toon. Once in game with the 70 toon, the friend can leave and the game always be a level 11 game from that point forward? Now i can farm level 11 mobs endlessly until i find a MLW or clear the game. If i wind a MLW will it be level 8, 11 or 70? If it's 70 then I'm good to go, if not i can then gamble Kadala and get the 70 version since it's on the loot table?

the dropped mlw will never be lvl70 but once you drop one, you know it's on your loot table and kadala has a chance to roll it for you. that is when you spend all your bloodshards and spend all your rift keys to farm more bloodshards until you either run out of keys or get your mlw.
Reply Quote
View profile
This is GOOD FOR PLAYERS, if it works.

Here is why:
- people who want to find some particular item, can use this method
- all other people can play as usual with no issue

Good job Blizz, imo. Come on guys.

TearDown, I wish you add me.
Edited by RobertVarga#1345 on 4/29/2014 4:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]