Diablo® III

so uh. who's stronger

90 Gnome Warlock
mal'thael the angel of death or diablo the lord of terror
Reply Quote
Is this a fun question or ingame representation? Malthael seems to be harder on any given torment level to me
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I'm asking in the lore and story so IN LORE who can best who
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 11:48 PMPosted by Monïssa
I'm asking in the lore and story so IN LORE who can best who

diablo
Reply Quote
Diablo not even close.
Reply Quote
Well they never really fought each other. Malthael as the Aspect of Wisdom was said to be untouchable, because he knows of every attack before it is even performed.

And considering that in the endless conflict no Archangel has ever died or was even close (except Tyrael during the destruction of the world stone... but that was not due to a demon) or at least it is not mentioned Diablo was defeated and killed by Imperius.
Reply Quote
Under normal circumstances, I'd say Diablo as the Prime Evil would be, but Mathiel absorbed a TON of souls in RoS and effectively became untouchable by anyone who wasn't channeling the energy of death.
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 05:50 AMPosted by Zeru
Under normal circumstances, I'd say Diablo as the Prime Evil would be, but Mathiel absorbed a TON of souls in RoS and effectively became untouchable by anyone who wasn't channeling the energy of death.

diablo abosrbed 6 prime evil souls and all the souls they had absorbed in d2 and d1 and in the sin war while wearing the soulstones

diablo no question
Reply Quote
Staying completely during the time period within the 3 Diablo games, my answer would be "Depending on Malth's state."

During Diablo 1, I'd say they Malth was stronger. Diablo was captured in a soulstone and couldn't not manifest his true power.

During Diablo 2, Diablo, but not by much. Diablo was able to use a powerful vessel via the Dark Wanderer and use much of his power when he was in Hell. It was also shown via the Wrath animation that the Archangels while being powerful, couldn't fight Diablo 1 vs 1 except perhaps for Imperious.

During Diablo 3, Diablo for sure. His Prime Evil status marks him WAY above even Malth's status as Archangel of Wisdom considering Imperious is considered the best warrior of Heaven and he got beaten down by the Prime Evil.

During RoS, Diablo and Malth are about equal. Malth was able to become the aspect of death AND absorbed countless human souls from across time.

During RoS last battle, Malth is definitely stronger than Diablo now. Not only has he absorbed souls and become aspect of death, he now has the shattered Black Soulstone as a power source as well.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/11/2014 09:09 AMPosted by DnDK1988
During RoS, Diablo and Malth are about equal. Malth was able to become the aspect of death AND absorbed countless human souls from across time.

Thank you - And that is another thing too. How did Mal'thael just 'become' Death? You know what I mean? I mean, okay. He wants to do evil.. or what we consider evil, and he wants life on sanctuary gone.. Why did this turn Mael'thael, the Archangel of Wisdom, into the Angel of Death?? How did he get this new power? This new form and everything? I apologize if the answer is quite obvious but it is not explained in the game. And if it is, I missed it. So what made him undergo this transformation? How was he just able to become Death?
Edited by monissa#1861 on 5/14/2014 3:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/14/2014 03:45 AMPosted by Monïssa
05/11/2014 09:09 AMPosted by DnDK1988

Thank you - And that is another thing too. How did Mal'thael just 'become' Death? You know what I mean? I mean, okay. He wants to do evil.. or what we consider evil, and he wants life on sanctuary gone.. Why did this turn Mael'thael, the Archangel of Wisdom, into the Angel of Death?? How did he get this new power? This new form and everything? I apologize if the answer is quite obvious but it is not explained in the game. And if it is, I missed it. So what made him undergo this transformation? How was he just able to become Death?

Because Chris Metzen.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
05/14/2014 02:05 PMPosted by Grulo
05/14/2014 03:45 AMPosted by Monïssa

Because Chris Metzen.

Actually, it was because Malthael fell to the same inner demon that Imperius is. Arrogance. Listen to the "Path of Wisdom" books you find in Pandemonium. It details completely what happened. Much like how Tyrael set aside being Justice for Wisdom, Malthael set aside Wisdom for Death, well, he's cast wisdom aside long before then, but the comparison still fits.
Reply Quote
Universe of Diablo
- Anu
- Tiamet
- Nephalem
- Malthael with Black Soulstone
- Diablo as Prime Evil
- Normal Diablo
- Normal Malthael

My first opinion was:
Eternal Conflilt has no winners because factions has same strenght. If five angels have same strenght of seven demons, one angel is stronger than one demon. So malthael is stronger than Diablo.

But there are difference between this entities. Diablo, Baal and Mefisto have same powers (before they was banish in Sanctuary) but they're stronger than other four. Tyrael seems stronger than Imperious. Could Malthael be so good in battlefield as its brothers?
He's like a Elder...i don't think so.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/17/2014 06:12 PMPosted by Aldones
Malthael set aside Wisdom for Death, well, he's cast wisdom aside long before then, but the comparison still fits.

So Archangels are able to just do this? So, if Tyrael were bad, could he turn himself into some kind of bad Angel just as Malthael did? Like, I don't know, Angel of Chaos or something like that? Destruction/chaos, whatever.... Before he turned mortal of course.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]