Diablo® III

Adventure mode is yay fun.

Just got RoS yesterday, was worried wondering if I'd burn out taking yet another character (the Crusader) through the campaign yet again, and doing Act V over and over again with each of my characters. I hadn't realized I can just level all these guys (including the Crusader, from the very beginning at level 1) in adventure mode. This is much more entertaining than it would have been.

One question. It seems like I have to turn the difficulty setting down whenever I go into adventure mode--monsters suddenly become much harder to kill otherwise. Is this by design or am I doing something wrong?

Also, how long does it take to complete a Nephalem Rift? I ask because I don't want to waste rift key fragments going into one that I'm not going to end up finishing.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Indeed, unlocking Adventure Mode with one character will permanently unlock it for the account. The only restrictions for this is that it's limited to the game type, and what I mean by that is unlocking Adventure Mode for your Normal mode characters will not unlock it for Hardcore. Additionally, leveling up in Adventure Mode is pretty awesome, and I suggest taking your newly created characters into later Acts for a different take on them.

In patch 2.0.1 there was change made to monsters that had a pretty heavy influence on difficulty. Monsters now scale with your character in terms of leveling, so they're always the same level as you. This is likely the reason why it seems much more difficult at times than it previously was. In particular, the level 65 - 69 range can be pretty tough.

Nephalem Rifts tend to have a lot of variation as to how long they take. Personally, I think 30 minutes for a solo character in challenging difficulty is about average (give or take 10 mins), but plenty of players can clear them in under 10 minutes. A lot of that depends on your gear and build.
Reply Quote
I also enjoy RoS and adventure mode on my second day of play. Diminishing return of fun is hitting me pretty hard though.
Reply Quote
Whats old is new and whats new is old again. Give it a few hours and you'll see its the same thing as it always was, wrapped in silver paper and adorned with a golden bow.
Reply Quote
lol I knew a blue will post on a praising thread, meanwhile...
Reply Quote
inb4 chaos
Reply Quote
The thing I like, and have been doing with my wife, is taking a lower level character, and opening a game in T6. Then having the other person(my wife, if I have the lower character, or me if my wife has a lower character) enter with a level 70 and crush everything. Easy levels, and a lot of fun trying to avoid the smallest hit. XD

Not sure if it's intended, but I made mention of it before and got no feedback. In a way I'm expecting it to be "fixed" before long.
Reply Quote
Another reason you may find the difficulty in Adventure Mode higher than that of Story Mode, especially at lower levels, is that you're being tossed into areas that, solely due to enemy mechanics and zone density, were not tuned for a level-1 character in whites and blues with a single-target attack to jump right into.

Also, if you're running rifts to level, well ... there's nothing at all keeping you from encountering Act-4 and Act-5 enemies as a level-10 newbie. Their health and damage attributes scale down to your level, but even so, their whirlwinds, charge attacks, and heavy-hitting nukes are still nastier than anything the hordes of slow-moving zombies in the first half of Act 1 would have been throwing at you.
Edited by Koumaru#1851 on 5/1/2014 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 11:26 AMPosted by OmegaMan

hahaha xD
Reply Quote
Hahahaha OF COURSE a blue posts here, of course.
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 11:19 AMPosted by Grimiku
Indeed, unlocking Adventure Mode with one character will permanently unlock it for the account. The only restrictions for this is that it's limited to the game type, and what I mean by that is unlocking Adventure Mode for your Normal mode characters will not unlock it for Hardcore. Additionally, leveling up in Adventure Mode is pretty awesome, and I suggest taking your newly created characters into later Acts for a different take on them.

In patch 2.0.1 there was change made to monsters that had a pretty heavy influence on difficulty. Monsters now scale with your character in terms of leveling, so they're always the same level as you. This is likely the reason why it seems much more difficult at times than it previously was. In particular, the level 65 - 69 range can be pretty tough.

Nephalem Rifts tend to have a lot of variation as to how long they take. Personally, I think 30 minutes for a solo character in challenging difficulty is about average (give or take 10 mins), but plenty of players can clear them in under 10 minutes. A lot of that depends on your gear and build.

incoming adjustment/nerf to adventure mode.
Reply Quote
They reply to these threads because the community managers don't have the answers to the tough questions.

Would you want to read "well its been discussed" or "we talked about it" or some other vague non answer over and over?
Reply Quote
I think it's funny how this thread hopped around to be in the spot it's in.... Enjoy your "fun" until give or take a week is over, then you'll probably stop playing just like the most of us. Well let me clarify "most of us".... by that I mean most people who are hardly on the forums, and who hardly log in just to say a thing here or there.
Reply Quote
I would do the same if I were them. There is no pleasing most of you so I would focus more on those who still find it fun to play the game for what it is. A game. You guys dump your lives into this game and all you do is say how bad it is. Lost cause
Reply Quote

Of course, the only positive topic on the forums lol.

See guys, the game is fine!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]