Diablo® III

Rhen'Ho Flayer - 2nd best WD weapon

Have one of these in the stash and you've got me thinking....
Reply Quote
Flayer and Addling is a lot of fun. The only problem I have with it is that my eyes get tired quickly of so many frogs passing through every enemy and making them flash all the time.
Reply Quote
How to butt frogs:
1. Face a wall
2. Cast Frogs
3. ???
4. Profit
Reply Quote
K thanks guys. I swapped in a few pieces to get both set bonusus. Should be enough to get me started.

One more question - paragon points. Do you opt for life regen or loh?
Reply Quote
It would be nice to get one, you would think 300 hours played in ROS I would get one, but nope
Reply Quote
Really, anything works with a full Zuni set, let's just be honest. Addling alone with the Flayer is miserable, and this works well because you have the little psycho clown group killing for you.

Without Zuni, I don't run anything but explosive with my Flayer, up through T5. In fact, if I had Zuni, I would probably still run ET over AT simply because the damage outweighs the less than reliable CC compared to nado. Not to mention that there is plenty out there that seems to just fat out ignore the addling.

I've been banging the Flayer drum since 2.0 dropped but no one listens to the Raves ><
Reply Quote
Really, anything works with a full Zuni set, let's just be honest. Addling alone with the Flayer is miserable, and this works well because you have the little psycho clown group killing for you.

Without Zuni, I don't run anything but explosive with my Flayer, up through T5. In fact, if I had Zuni, I would probably still run ET over AT simply because the damage outweighs the less than reliable CC compared to nado. Not to mention that there is plenty out there that seems to just fat out ignore the addling.

I've been banging the Flayer drum since 2.0 dropped but no one listens to the Raves ><

I have been using addling since before i finished my zuni set. It is still the same effect. You take very little damage while clearing everything out. Getting my zuni set a couple days ago is just icing on the cake and makes things much easier.
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 12:00 PMPosted by RagedBull
K thanks guys. I swapped in a few pieces to get both set bonusus. Should be enough to get me started.

One more question - paragon points. Do you opt for life regen or loh?

I have LoH maxxed for my paragon points. I have no regen at all.

I do not see the need myself. Just kill stuff until globes pop out.
Reply Quote

Where were you when I made this thread last month, we needed your feedback :P

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12506721298?page=1

But I do like me some exploding toads with Nado :)
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 5/6/2014 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
WD rocks in the way that we have so many build changing gear. (comparing with barb... ;p)

I got 3 flayers so far...just keep the best one in stash.
I prefer the confusion toads more than the fire ones....I don't stack fire skill dmg and I had a lot of fun in confusion...
a skeleton elite teleported and stood right in front of me; he turned around and fight for me.. so hilarious...my whole team was laughing (over skype...)

you reminded me that I haven't tried Spider Queen’s Grasp...it can be physical dmg (and fire dmg is higher than toads..)

SMK droprate is about 1%...
so in theory you can get one after getting 100 cere. knives... i got less than 20 knifes dropped so far... sigh...
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 5/6/2014 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm a Huge fan of this knife.

I have yet to get the Final piece I need for Jade, or to run Pets, so I've been using a fire based toad build, as it seems to be WAY stronger than a cold based build for the WD (wizard has all my cold gear right now)

Most of the groups I get in are quite surprised with my effectiveness, and usually halt their complaints about me not being a Pet Doctor.

T4 seems to be the limit for this build however in terms of solo play.
Edited by DonBukka#1245 on 5/6/2014 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Nice Rhen'ho Flayer review and video! This is one of the weapons I've really been looking forward to trying out for myself, but I've been giving my Witch Doctor a rest while I level up the rest of my characters.
Edited by Grimiku on 5/6/2014 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
inb4
people say "Hey while you're here, could you clarify XXX and YYY?
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 03:05 PMPosted by Grimiku
Nice Rhen'ho Flayer review and video! This is one of the weapons I've really been looking forward to trying out for myself, but I've been giving my Witch Doctor a rest while I level up the rest of my characters.

I'll just pick my chair up off the floor after a rare blue post in the WD forums...

@OP
I have read a few posts from people saying "Hey, if you can't get XXX, try YYY"
It's not like we can CHOOSE what items drop!
Reply Quote
What does SMK stand for? I'm new to WD.
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 03:05 PMPosted by Grimiku

I'll just pick my chair up off the floor after a rare blue post in the WD forums...

@OP
I have read a few posts from people saying "Hey, if you can't get XXX, try YYY"
It's not like we can CHOOSE what items drop!
Reply Quote
Reaper,

I used your build as a template and adjusted it a bit to fit more with my current gear.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WcTUPQ!hWVT!YZccbb

I'm only playing on T1 or 2, without any of the best in slot gear, but it's absolutely ripping through everything. Tribal Rites, Grave Injustice, and Thing of the Deep significantly help getting BBV and Fetish Army off CD on almost every elite pack.

I can't wait to actually get the dagger to make toads even more badass.
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 03:23 PMPosted by Malahk
What does SMK stand for? I'm new to WD.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/starmetal-kukri
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]