Diablo® III

Rhen'Ho Flayer - 2nd best WD weapon

I actually have a decent Rheno, but I would not be able to use it due to my Hexing pants :( would be near pontless! I guess I could always switch out hexing and give this build a try, but dang I love those pants. My Fetish will crit for 14m.
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 08:59 AMPosted by Pyrotechx
I actually have a decent Rheno, but I would not be able to use it due to my Hexing pants :( would be near pontless! I guess I could always switch out hexing and give this build a try, but dang I love those pants. My Fetish will crit for 14m.

Stutter step, and you can use the pants all day long.
Reply Quote
I kinda regret not taking up one of the WD's offer of a Rhen'ho Flayer over the weekend when he didn't want one that dropped with just over 2k dps after reading through this. Addling Toads is pretty nice with it. Now I need to find one (or any weapon upgrade really)!
Edited by nataku#1542 on 5/7/2014 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 08:59 AMPosted by Pyrotechx

yeah i stutter step with my hexing pants, damage is fine. i now use rhenbo/addling instead of mass paranoia to wrap up pesky elites and anarchs in t6, pretty nice.
Reply Quote
So after writing my last post I ran into a T5 Rift with Act 5 MOBs. I broke out the Flayer and everything ran smoothly - no deaths which is rare for me with the T5/Act 5 combo. Maybe I will use it more in Act 5 Rifts and use VB for Act 5 Bounties.

The great part is the Rift was the Act 3 Keep - with the Flayer I could cast the toads and they'd go around corners and confuse the monsters fighting the pets while I sat there nice and safe.
Edited by Madmike#1988 on 5/7/2014 11:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yea Madmike, that was the same type of rift reaper and I ran into the other night. Swapped out to rhen'ho flayer to make it work with addling toads :D.
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 10:54 AMPosted by smokeypoo
yeah i stutter step with my hexing pants, damage is fine. i now use rhenbo/addling instead of mass paranoia to wrap up pesky elites and anarchs in t6, pretty nice.

Do you weapon swap from Starmetal then skill swap?

When I tried out Addling Toads, it still felt very chaotic, but maybe that's just the nature of the skill.
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 06:58 AMPosted by Madmike
I'm still torn on this. I have a decent Flayer and use it from time to time (I rolled with it last night for while).

The CC is excellent, but I just don't seem to kill as quickly in T5 as I do with VB.

If I get a rift with the Act 5 MOBs then I'll typically switch to Addling and the Flayer since there's no hope of standing still, but otherwise I still prefer VB for the added Fetishes.

I don't think there is a comparison for faster killing, running Toads is all about crowd control in harder levels to keep you (and others) alive.

You will certainly have less fetishes out, but i have had over 20 out at once with frogs. That is plenty to me.

The main advantage is you can be in a T6 rift with 4 players and have a much larger mob density to deal with and sometimes you might be fighting 3 elite packs at once with other mobs around. and having toads out will help keep your entire party alive and continuously dishing out damage. With VB you have more of a chance to get swarmed and have to run around to a new spot before you can plant and start casting again. Frogs will give you much longer time periods of casting/summoning as well as being able to make small moves and recast.

I have tried VB many times but in 4 player T6 rifts our clear times are certainly faster if I am running frogs and no one else is dying and they are all dishing out max DPS all the time.
Reply Quote
i run a similar build and i can do t6 act 1-3 with eas still lacking some dps but its all good making good progress imo ;)
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 03:23 PMPosted by Malahk
What does SMK stand for? I'm new to WD.

"Shakes My KentuckyFriedChickenDrumStick"
Reply Quote
i love how paragon 300 guy can solo T5 and im P376 still dont have 2 piece zuni..
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 05:58 AMPosted by Imbafury
i love how paragon 300 guy can solo T5 and im P376 still dont have 2 piece zuni..

This setup can solo T5 without any zuni gear. I had been doing that before I found my Zuni boots a few days ago. You just need cooldown reduction from paragon, gem in your helm and run Grave Injustice and Tribal Rights and you typically have your fetishes and BBV available for each Elite you encounter.

It works fine as a test however i prefer to always play 4 player games as that is the best way to get nice drops like zuni gear.

Looking at your profile you have 3 pieces of gear on your WD so it appears you don't play your WD and only have 7% of time in your WD so how could you possibly get a WD exclusive torment only item to drop if your not actually PLAYING your WD?
Reply Quote
I have been playing my WD for 2-3weeks now and just got a flayer drop today (1st weapon I had drop with socket :D) and swapped to addling toads and OMG the game just got a LOT easier :)

just looking for a few gear pointers now to maximise my WD a little more (yup I am still a n00b and learning)

The gear I am wearing dropped over the past 2 weeks, I prefer the "petdoctor" style play so looking for advise with that in mind :)

(btw I am EU player, just come to US forums as a LOT less drama :D )
Edited by Melkor#2602 on 5/8/2014 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 10:26 AMPosted by Melkor
I have been playing my WD for 2-3weeks now and just got a flayer drop today (1st weapon I had drop with socket :D) and swapped to addling toads and OMG the game just got a LOT easier :)

just looking for a few gear pointers now to maximise my WD a little more (yup I am still a n00b and learning)

The gear I am wearing dropped over the past 2 weeks, I prefer the "petdoctor" style play so looking for advise with that in mind :)

(btw I am EU player, just come to US forums as a LOT less drama :D )

If you like this and plan on sticking with it then I would say you should enchant yoru Mojo and replace mana regen which you no longer need and try to get +15% fetish army damage.

You are wearing zuni boots but it does nothing for you without the full set. and 3 pieces of jade doesn't do anything for you either.

i would keep the shoulders and chest with fetish damage which are great and try to replace your boots,pants,belt with blackthornes, they are very underated yet priceless. you will deal and take less dmg to/from elites and the 4th bonus of immunity to ground effects is amazing.

You will find yourself with frogs and BT set thinking that higher torments are MUCH easier.

to each his own but i find that running tribal rights instead of midnight feast is better in the long run. You will do less damage more often. In typical scenarios i find that i can almost always have 100% garg uptime. as opposed to a possible 15 seconds of extra wait time without it.

Good luck
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 11:34 AMPosted by DiGiTLMaN
to each his own but i find that running tribal rights instead of midnight feast is better in the long run. You will do less damage more often. In typical scenarios i find that i can almost always have 100% garg uptime. as opposed to a possible 15 seconds of extra wait time without it.

how much CDR u have?
how many second of cooldown u left for garg?

I was thinking to stack fire dmg for 0 garg, use fire fetish, fire toad, fire locust... use creeping death to max out dmg...

I dont even use garg anymore for build stacking physical dmg...too uncontrollable..

btw, RF knife is awesome in hc..
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 5/8/2014 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would bet that thunerfury with splinters is better than this in most situations.
Reply Quote
I am lucky to get one from Kadala, but dps is on the low side.

Addling toad is really really useful, but the damage is not high, maybe because I dont have +poison skill %.

The problem for me is that I cant kill goblin in solo, so right now I switch back to tf.
Reply Quote
I've been banging the Flayer drum since 2.0 dropped but no one listens to the Raves ><

Where were you when I made this thread last month, we needed your feedback :P

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12506721298?page=1

But I do like me some exploding toads with Nado :)

I dunno, the Burn out wagon? Really I have been distracted with a lot of stuff. I shouldn't have come off so negative. Digi, you, and well most everyone that contributes here, do a great job getting info out to the masses. He made a great OP on this, I was just pointing out that Zuni picks up a lot of slack for addling versus explosive. Lots of good fundamentals here though for people to pay attention to, besides the knife and zuni, like focusing your elemental, not worrying completely about damage if you need utility, and just making things work with what you have.

To touch on the LoH, I'm also at Para only LoH and have run the gambit from 4k to 12k. As long as you have leeching beasts, you are fine with just Para. I got a new Ukhapian the other day which I was loathe to use because even though it was a damage upgrade, I lost 25k? life on kill and about 1k regen. To be honest, I haven't missed it. Now, when my dogs die, I sit up and take notice. Doesn't happen much until T5, but it happens.

Also, imho, stutter step toads beats VB every time if you are 1,2, or 3 shotting stuff. Of course with VB, you are letting your deranged followers kill for you mostly anyway, so even if you aren't hitting anyting you are contributing by refilling your ranks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]