Diablo® III

Rhen'Ho Flayer - 2nd best WD weapon

05/06/2014 07:07 AMPosted by REAPER666
Using the Rhen'Ho Flayer is probably the most fun I have had in this game since launch.

I too have finally completed my Zuni set. I am on the hunt for a better Rhen'Ho Flayer, the one I got did not have a socket, hence the damage is not to my liking.

Addling toads is so OP for crowd control. I was using explosive toads last night in our T5 group as we had good CC, so I wanted to see the damage output with my Mage Fist, pretty neat stuff.
This build is fully capable on T6.

It has been said before, this build is as easy as switching weapons as you would normally run in a standard Fetish build. Also stacking % to Physical would be the right choice I have found as your primary damage comes from your little buddies.

I use VB for Rift boss and isolated Elites.

I have had success with this skill set:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WcdUPQ!eWVT!aZccbb

Though probably my preferred set up would be:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WcTUPQ!eWVT!aZbcbb

BBV, fetish army is up so often with the assistance of GI that I would argue that SMK is not BIS. Even If I found a SMK, I would hesitate in switching.

The range and AOE of toads is pretty epic too.

I have worked on Toughness, HGB, and TDR on gear as that has benefited me in my survivability.

My gear progression continues and look forward to optimizing this build to its fullest.

Great response. Funny thing is i liked it so much i checked ur profile. Turns out we both named our WD's OOGABOOGA in all caps haha
Reply Quote
Behold.... MY WEAPON!
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 05:21 PMPosted by Spizzlespee
I would bet that thunerfury with splinters is better than this in most situations.

Sounds great! Please post a video and show us how it works "better"
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 04:30 AMPosted by DiGiTLMaN
05/08/2014 05:21 PMPosted by Spizzlespee
I would bet that thunerfury with splinters is better than this in most situations.

Sounds great! Please post a video and show us how it works "better"

I don't think he has the capacity to see the sarcasm dripping off that reply :D

I have to say that this thread and your advice has made my playstyle change and for the better, the game feels even more fun now, yes I still want a zuni set but I am not as hung up on it as before (tunnel-vision gaming with that in mind :( ) and smk... meh it would be nice but not a necessity imo
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 02:50 AMPosted by Berdy
Great response. Funny thing is i liked it so much i checked ur profile. Turns out we both named our WD's OOGABOOGA in all caps haha

Hah...Oogabooga's legacy lives!!!

Posted by SpizzlespeeI would bet that thunerfury with splinters is better than this in most situations.Sounds great! Please post a video and show us how it works "better"

Players need to understand, its NOT the "better" that is the point of this weapon, its another play style that serves a purpose.
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 03:05 PMPosted by Grimiku
Nice Rhen'ho Flayer review and video! This is one of the weapons I've really been looking forward to trying out for myself, but I've been giving my Witch Doctor a rest while I level up the rest of my characters.

Oooh thats sweet, I think all of us are realy excited about your effort for finding Flayer as well, wow gl then. Such an important thing to know. Now go please to the topic about fetish indicator icon and put some constructive feedback about that for a change, could you? I want to see some feedback regardless important questions and about game itself not about your farming goals ;)
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 03:04 AMPosted by Rakimallah
Behold.... MY WEAPON!

Man, really milking that drop, aren't we? :) Yes, it's a fabulous weapon.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/09/2014 07:43 AMPosted by Rathek
05/06/2014 03:05 PMPosted by Grimiku
Nice Rhen'ho Flayer review and video! This is one of the weapons I've really been looking forward to trying out for myself, but I've been giving my Witch Doctor a rest while I level up the rest of my characters.

Oooh thats sweet, I think all of us are realy excited about your effort for finding Flayer as well, wow gl then. Such an important thing to know. Now go please to the topic about fetish indicator icon and put some constructive feedback about that for a change, could you? I want to see some feedback regardless important questions and about game itself not about your farming goals ;)

turboHUD has one if you feel comfortable enough using it. I was actually AMAZED when I turned the HUD off that the icon wasn't just part of D3 normally. You guys are just guessing when to kill your fetishes by using FA?! Jeez.
Reply Quote
Personally I used exploding toads since they deal Fire damage and I have around 66% +fire. I do like the Addling with Rhen'Ho as well, but I've always gone back to exploding. I don't even have that much DPS and my unbuffed toads crit for 4-5 million easily, and up to 15 million when fully buffed with Harrington's and Gruesome Feast.
Reply Quote
Got a lucky drop on a Rhen'Ho Flayer , after a few enchants...BOOM 2450! ;)
Reply Quote
Behold.... MY WEAPON!

Is outclassed by this one

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fml-2339/hero/539627

^^
Reply Quote
05/12/2014 06:35 AMPosted by REAPER666

Very nice! I hope another one drops for me, my dmg is way too low.
Reply Quote
05/12/2014 07:27 AMPosted by Harakiri
Behold.... MY WEAPON!

Is outclassed by this one

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fml-2339/hero/539627

^^

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MagoWender-2772/hero/1105745

2680 DPS ceremonial knife, highest there is in the game
Reply Quote
Wowie.

What's that webpage that lists the BiS items? I couldn't find it the other day.

Edit:
Here's that topic
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12674158880
Edited by MCP#1477 on 5/12/2014 12:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/12/2014 06:35 AMPosted by REAPER666

I'm going to find your WD in a dark alley, and make a questionable deal for that Rhen'ho
Reply Quote
diablo3ladder.com

I'm pretty stoked, i loaded my profile in there and it would seem I probably have the best Thing of the Deep Mojo in the world.
It lists mine as #4, however, The #1 is a level 60 and just messed up database and shouldn't be there, but #2 and #3 both have a little more INT but have acid cloud and toads for the skill and mine is 15% fetish army which is way more desirable of course.

pretty cool.
Reply Quote
^
Yeah your TOTD is very, very epic!!

Edit: mispell
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 5/12/2014 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
EDIT: Best weapon now with patch?

2.0 AS, Six frogs seek out and hit per second, 10% chance to spawn fetish. This could be great.

And it really is needed, I did a couple solo T6 rifts last night and my fetishes were dying at an epic pace. I really couldn't keep them alive at all, was the worst runs i ever had for dying.

better spawn rates will be crucial to keep going in T6.
Reply Quote
^

Hey bud have you considered increasing your Melee reduction gear for your little buddies?

I have found String of Ears really helps the survival of not only my toon also the little ones.

I am on the look out for a ammy that has additional melee reduction on it., I have one in stash but its not right for my build.

There are some nasty affixes' that we just cant get past I know, but this is a great help to me anyway.

And I agree, the Rhen'ho Flayer could be better then it already is.
Reply Quote
Wanted to comment that Rhen'ho + Addling Toads + 37% Blinding Faith Helm + Cord of the Sherma = Stupid CC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]