Diablo® III

Major 'slow time' nerf (undocumented?)

Blizzard really needs to examine how their "bug fixes" or "buffs/nerfs" affect everyone else.

i.e. the "buff" to wormhole destroyed cosmic strand/calamity build, and they say it was unintended. But this is something that they need to consider before deploying these changes.
Reply Quote
They should have just capped bubbles at 3 or something reasonable.
Reply Quote
So 2.05 Barb leap issue has been commented on, and now 2.05 WD fetish issue has been commented on - come on Blizzard can you comment on the Slow time issue now :D.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hello, Wizards!

Slow Time currently has a bug associated with it that prevents a single Wizard from having multiple Slow Time fields up at once. We're planning to take care of this bug in an upcoming patch (currently 2.1.0), and we'll be sure to let you know if any of that changes. Thanks for all of the reports, and be sure to enjoy the anniversary buff while it's here!
Reply Quote
Thank you Grim!!

you made my day today, I will wait for that patch
Reply Quote
But everyone says this patch is in july/august:(

Also, this patch means all our chars are thrown away in the non ladder mode that doesnt have "exclusive legs":(
Reply Quote
Will duplicates also have their slow times reverted to how it was previous to 2.0.5?
Reply Quote
Woohoo!

Definitely enjoying the anniversary buff, thanks Grimiku!
Reply Quote
While I understand that the nearly pathological need to change stuff is part of the current Blizzard culture it seems evident to even me that the QA department is not doing very well at catching unintended consequences from changes. Hopefully you can get this sorted. Leaving a bug of this magnitude in the game for several months from something that did work previous to the current patch is a problem. Not game breaking maybe but how many of these does it take to take the edge off the enjoyment of playing the game for those that still enjoy it?
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Grimiku
Hello, Wizards!

Slow Time currently has a bug associated with it that prevents a single Wizard from having multiple Slow Time fields up at once. We're planning to take care of this bug in an upcoming patch (currently 2.1.0), and we'll be sure to let you know if any of that changes. Thanks for all of the reports, and be sure to enjoy the anniversary buff while it's here!

Awesome news Grim, much thanks for the heads up and response.
Reply Quote
Isn't 2.1.0 a major patch and requires PTR? Guess we are in for a long ride.
Reply Quote
Thank you for the response Grimiku, very much appreciated, i look forward to getting back to my GoO slow time build in 2.1.0 (i really hope it isn't to long of a wait).
Edited by TheCowboy#2318 on 5/16/2014 3:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the response Grimiku.

It is nice to know either way whether it was a bug or not, very pleased that it is indeed a bug and we can get back to covering the battlefield with Venn Diagrams!

Thanks again.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Grimiku
Hello, Wizards!

You're making us wait that long to fix a bug that your team introduced?

Good stuff.
Reply Quote
I don't understand how they can hotfix some things super quick, like the shard runs, certain weapons etc, but when its a fairly major bug for certain builds that THEY introduced in a patch, it takes them months to fix. Why not just hotfix it like all the other nerfs you do quickly?
Reply Quote
Another good question is how can they not possibly catch all of these bugs in testing before they release the patch?
Reply Quote
99 little bugs in the code 99 little bugs in the code Take one down, patch it around 117 little bugs in the code...

But seriously can we please get a hotfix for this? Patch 2.1.0 is not going to be out for at least a month and this seems like a simple reversion rather than trying to balance or fix something that has been off for a while.
Reply Quote
Pretty sad. It seems that anything that gives players a slight edge against Blizzard's completely out of control elites, who don't rely on resources, who don't have any cool downs, who can spam their abilities so continuously you don't have 2 seconds to get a shot off before you have to move off of some ground effect, is nerfed into the ground.

Even if it's fun, even if people like it, even if it motivates people to play.

Remember CM Wizard? ZeroDogs Witch Doctor? WW/WotB Barb? They were all too fun and too strong against Blizzard's wonderful elites. They absolutely had to go.

Blizzard can't have mere players beating their godly elite monsters. They just can't have that.
Edited by OldPro#1166 on 5/17/2014 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/17/2014 06:54 AMPosted by JLo
Another good question is how can they not possibly catch all of these bugs in testing before they release the patch?

Simple. They don't test - we do.

They watch the forums for the jealousy, the envy, the complainers. Then they lovingly take the Nerf Bat out of its sheath...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
What I'm concerned with is what exactly they intended to fix with the change in the first place.
Was it strictly meant so that if a Wizard dies their slow times all drop?
Or was it meant to completely gut having high cdr with mirror images so they can't have many bubbles up at once?

When the bug gets 'fixed', will it make it so we can simply spam slow time more often ourselves, or will cdr/illusionist remain absolute trash in regards to their slow times?
Multiple sets of slow times from multiple image casts is quite costly, especially if you want to run Illusionist too, and it's bad enough MI is already bugged and doesn't always remove freeze/jail.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]