Diablo® III

+chd or + fire skills on Countess Cameo?

Was lucky enough to find one of these babies just now. Rolls are:

653 dex
something vit
6% atk spd
9% chc

I'm trying to reroll the vit, but for a loaded for bear build, would +fire skills or + chd be more beneficial?

I'm currently on 57% chc and 451% chd
Reply Quote
If you can get +20% Fire Damage on there, the boost from +90% that you already have corresponds to a bit over +10% average DPS. On the other hand, a +100% CHD boost would correspond to about 16% more average DPS. Your choice whether you want the consistent DPS or the crits.
Reply Quote
I've got a pretty good cameo. Was playing around with elemental skills but then I happened to roll perfect CHC so I just stuck with that. Sure, less potential damage than a good elemental roll but the utility is good.

I don't think I'll play long enough to get perfect slots for all elements so "good enough" is fine.
Reply Quote
The pros and cons are otherwise pretty simple:

CHD: More DPS when stacking %fire in 2 or more other slots, more flexibility (can change builds or use on a monk too)

%Fire: Can add more damage if you have little to no elemental damage elsewhere, but in the long run you want to get CHD on your amulet. In your case (lots of +%fire) this is not a good option
Edited by AZsnowstorm#1818 on 5/10/2014 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 11:26 PMPosted by enkelin
If you can get +20% Fire Damage on there, the boost from +90% that you already have corresponds to a bit over +10% average DPS. On the other hand, a +100% CHD boost would correspond to about 16% more average DPS. Your choice whether you want the consistent DPS or the crits.

Wow, what, really. Diabloprogress (and simple math) for higher geared players shows +20% elemental = ~40% crit damage. How in the world could +20% elemental compete with a ~90% crit damage roll on a neck? Math please!
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 5/10/2014 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Why are we using higher geared players. We can look at what applies directly to his situation right now:

•1.00% +Fire Skills Damage gives you 9,232.75 dps
•1.00% Critical Damage gives you 2,590.40 dps

So 20 Fire Skills is around 184,655 dps

100 Crit Damage is 295,040 dps

Up to you, but the perfect Crit damage if you can get it is a little better
Reply Quote
CHC is way better than elemental damage
also on neck pieces the stats for cc and cd are doubled where the max u can get for elemental is 20%

so both CC and CD and better on neck pieces,
other pieces where u can only get 50% Crit damage elemental is better
but CC is always better for damage
Reply Quote
05/10/2014 10:26 AMPosted by blhotz
Math please!

You called? =D

The problem with asking what the equivalent Crit Damage is for X Elem Damage is that it depends on
-Current Crit Damage
-Current Crit Chance
-Current Elem Dmg

I was also interested in the answer so I set up a spreadsheet that will hopefully give people a better idea of Crit Damage vs Elem Dmg.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ShObrRxBwM67ORt8OQwirjPvZUUPcDR_bVk-8vjOWM8/edit#gid=0

I can post formulas if needed.

(If you find a mistake in the calculations let me know)
Edited by Psychologic#1766 on 5/10/2014 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]