Diablo® III

This guy...

Lol. Why would you teleport to anyone in hardcore? That's just dumb. People have been doing TP grieving since diablo 1. In D1 you dropped all your stuff if a monster killed you.
Reply Quote
hahahahaahahahahah
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 07:52 AMPosted by Skillet
They even added an icon above banners to indicate someone in combat... AND they distinguish between combat against whites and against elites.

^

This. If your Hardcore character died because you TP'ed to someone in combat, you deserved to die. Period.
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 11:42 AMPosted by Skaad
This. If your Hardcore character died because you TP'ed to someone in combat, you deserved to die. Period.

I don't even play HC, but this sort of logic is terribly flawed. There is a -massive- difference in porting into a group of enemies in a normal situation and then dying because you were unprepared, and the situation where a person is actively looking to PK you by gathering up an entire zone, several elite packs and stacking health so they cannot die... but you in turn die instantly.

People like that are the lowest common denominator of human being. It's simply griefing and it's completely bannable under the TOS.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/11/2014 11:46 AMPosted by Fahita
05/11/2014 11:42 AMPosted by Skaad

I don't even play HC, but this sort of logic is terribly flawed. There is a -massive- difference in porting into a group of enemies in a normal situation and then dying because you were unprepared, and the situation where a person is actively looking to PK you by gathering up an entire zone, several elite packs and stacking health so they cannot die... but you in turn die instantly.

People like that are the lowest common denominator of human being. It's simply griefing and it's completely bannable under the TOS.

If you tp to someone who's in combat and die then you deserved it...Period.
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 11:51 AMPosted by Cannabidiol
f you tp to someone who's in combat and die then you deserved it...Period.

Wrong.

You're a retard if you can't tell there is a distinction between someone setting up a trap for the sole purpose of luring in and PKing another player and a natural but unintended consequence of going through a portal when unprepared.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/11/2014 11:57 AMPosted by Fahita
05/11/2014 11:51 AMPosted by Cannabidiol
f you tp to someone who's in combat and die then you deserved it...Period.

Wrong.

You're a retard if you can't tell there is a distinction between someone setting up a trap for the sole purpose of luring in and PKing another player and a natural but unintended consequence of going through a portal when unprepared.

HC isn't for the weak or naive.
Reply Quote
roflmao i love this guy,It used to be one like him on normal diablo 3.He had videos on youtube to.!@#$ing hilarious.
Reply Quote
HC is for everyone. Dont be ridiculous. What is wrong with you people? Whats next, blaming the rapeeviciting that it was beeing sexy so its "her" fault that she got raped?

05/11/2014 07:47 AMPosted by gudmugly
Banner at your own risk in HC. Crazy that people are still learning this lesson 2 years after the game was launched.

Thing is, they should not have to learn this lesson. IT all could be fixed easily by inteligent design. Like a 10 sec. invulnerability that is broken by any action you do (except for a town portal). That way people could not trick you in to such situations. I dont understand why people blame the victims here. Why people even compliment players that do nothing else then lure other players in a death trap.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 5/11/2014 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
05/11/2014 12:04 PMPosted by CrniVuk
HC is for everyone. Dont be ridiculous. What is wrong with you people? Whats next, blaming the rapeeviciting that it was beeing sexy so its "her" fault that she got raped?

05/11/2014 07:47 AMPosted by gudmugly
Banner at your own risk in HC. Crazy that people are still learning this lesson 2 years after the game was launched.

Thing is, they should not have to learn this lesson. IT all could be fixed easily by inteligent design. Like a 10 sec. invulnerability that is broken by any action you do (except for a town portal). That way people could not trick you in to such situations. I dont understand why people blame the victims here. Why people even compliment players that do nothing else then lure other players in a death trap.

Equating r@pe with losing a char on a video game. Nicely done.
Edited by Cannabidiol#1402 on 5/11/2014 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 12:00 PMPosted by Cannabidiol
HC isn't for the weak or naive.

What?

It's exactly the same as SC, only slower.

It's not even more difficult. You just do -everything- more slowly so you never put yourself at any real risk.

You'd have a point I guess if HC monsters had three times the health, damage and an additional affix per difficulty level.. but they don't. So HC is just for masochists who think that losing characters to D/Cs, PKers or acts of God should be the status quo.
Reply Quote
1. when you select a banner, it say if they are fighting a elite, or champ pack, so the blame lies with the character who warps into danger

2. this build must be AWESOME cause i can get up to 20mil toughness and can't survive like this guy
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 12:21 PMPosted by Fahita
It's not even more difficult. You just do -everything- more slowly so you never put yourself at any real risk.

Common fallacy. Just because you don't run in screaming Leeroy Jenkins doesn't mean players never take *real* risks. By the way, some players on HC do run in screaming Leeroy Jenkins because unlike people such as yourself, they don't care if their character dies or are atleast willing to accept the loss.

I did years of Hardcore PvP in D2 despite the risks. If you don't know, in D2 HC PvP, your character died permanently. Put in 100s of hours and effort into gear and do a duel to the death. Quite a bit of adrenaline for a video game, very satisfying when you saw the other guys character keel over.

If you don't know what Leroy Jenkins is, here you go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU
Edited by Utukka#1683 on 5/11/2014 12:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The solution is to stack insane amounts of toughness yourself, then wear this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/skull-of-resonance

Now you just ruined his game. :P
Reply Quote
my god i lol so hard noobs are noobs let them rage at there own stupidity
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Utukka
By the way, some players on HC do run in screaming Leeroy Jenkins because unlike people such as yourself, they don't care if their character dies or are atleast willing to accept the loss.

I don't care about losing characters legitimately. I would care about losing characters to things you cannot control, or things that unscrupulous players are doing to grief, or to bugs / glitches.

I ONLY played HC ladder in D2:LOD. And I only once lost a character. That's because they allowed players to actually have control over whether or not they died.

Instantly leaving the game when you sensed even a small amount of lag or rubberbanding for example. Potion spam allowing you to keep yourself up through insane or unfair monster affixes are another example.

In D2, you had nearly complete control over whether your HC character lived or died, and it's only when extenuating circumstances occurred when you'd lose a character. I played that way for almost a decade, without ever once feeling cheated or having a character ever to anything other than my own negligence.

In D3, they completely changed their logic. Now you'll almost certainly lose a character to a DC, a power outage or some retarded combination of affixes that are seemingly designed to make sure your character dies at that point and time, plus the chance if you're playing in PUGs that someone could try to TPPK you with mobs.

I'm not a masochist. If HC was fair to the player in D3, sure I'd play it. But it's not, and never will be.
Edited by Fahita#1469 on 5/11/2014 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Equating r@pe with losing a char on a video game. Nicely done.

oh well, you have to get the attention from people somehow. Its about the mindset you know. The mindset where people blame the victim and applaud the offender. Of course no one would do that with r@pe. That would be preposterous! But a video game? Where someone has fun luring normal players in to traps? Thats suddenly alright! NO! We have to applaud that guy!

Bizaro world ... I am curious how many of those people would keep their coolness if they didnt had a chance to hide behind the anomity of the internet and forums. Its always easy to be a tough guy on forums. But its entirely different to throw around such thoughts when people are sitting in front of you.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 5/11/2014 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 01:39 PMPosted by Fahita
05/11/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Utukka
By the way, some players on HC do run in screaming Leeroy Jenkins because unlike people such as yourself, they don't care if their character dies or are atleast willing to accept the loss.

I don't care about losing characters legitimately. I would care about losing characters to things you cannot control, or things that unscrupulous players are doing to grief, or to bugs / glitches.

I ONLY played HC ladder in D2:LOD. And I only once lost a character. That's because they allowed players to actually have control over whether or not they died.

Instantly leaving the game when you sensed even a small amount of lag or rubberbanding for example. Potion spam allowing you to keep yourself up through insane or unfair monster affixes are another example.

In D2, you had nearly complete control over whether your HC character lived or died, and it's only when extenuating circumstances occurred when you'd lose a character. I played that way for almost a decade, without ever once feeling cheated or having a character ever to anything other than my own negligence.

In D3, they completely changed their logic. Now you'll almost certainly lose a character to a DC, a power outage or some retarded combination of affixes that are seemingly designed to make sure your character dies at that point and time, plus the chance if you're playing in PUGs that someone could try to TPPK you with mobs.

I'm not a masochist. If HC was fair to the player in D3, sure I'd play it. But it's not, and never will be.

1) D2 was far worse in pub games when it came to PK, which I imagine you know. Trigger hack was far worse than TPPK with mobs(that also happened in D2), meteor/hydra sorc PKs in hell mode/cows, LLD hunting players in sewers/arcane runs prior to 1.10 and the list goes on. Drophacks...you ever see the potion bug in 1.09? If you threw the right type of potion and then went into a TP, it dropped every player that was on screen for it, you could then hostile and kill them.

2) Yes, Lag/disc will kill you at some point in D3. I've accepted this(when I did play) because softcore in my opinion is a far inferior experience. You are quite lucky also I guess, in the 8 or so years I played D2, I remember losing a few MF sorc to disconnects. I can still picture "your connection has been interrupted" popping up just as my new squishy mf sorc had teled into a pack of fanat styngian dolls.

3) Potion spam and the ability to exit the game immediately also trivialized the difficulty, a route D3 wanted to change. Now I'm not a big fan of health globes and a 10 second timer that doesn't work when you lag/disc....but there's not really a elegant solution to this issue on either side of the fence. PoE flasks are basically flavorful d2 potions and GD uses a massive out of combat health regen that gets abused in actual combat by kiting around. I'm also not a big fan of many of the elite affixes and how they can spam them but unfortunately, it's not up to me and it's here to stay. Look at Grim Dawn bosses if you want to see a good example of how bosses can use abilities that make combat interesting and varied without being overbearing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]