Diablo® III

This drop rate feels a little more natural to be honest

Keep the buff blizzard!!!!
05/15/2014 10:50 AMPosted by Hyperactive
im getting like 2-4 legs per T6 rift and we take ~ 9-13 min per run. And when you factor the blood shards spending, seems like too easy, but then again...the buff is temporary so i could care less.

Ohh, I'm sorry you have the gear to do t6 and drops are too frequent. So how 'bout Blizzard just makes each torment lvl equal in drop chance. I mean if it's that big a difference from T1 to T6, and T6 people really don't need gear anymore, since they are farming the last thing to be farmed. It hardly makes sense to make the loot harder to get for the people who need the loot the most.

I understand the need for incentives to get people to play higher difficulties(since the idea of a challenge isn't good enough), but it makes no sense to give the geared people higher chances at that gear. If you can farm T6, then obviously your better geared than someone stuck in T1 or T2. So why do the higher torment capable people still get 4 times the drops rates of those not geared enough? That is an incredibly stupid loot system.
After 100+ hrs post RoS I've now seen my first two "set items" (rings) and they are both terrible.
We love the buff Blizz, especially in HC!

Keep us happy!
I agree 100% they need to keep this drop rate for legendaries to keep the game fun.
All I can say is the following:

For the first time in a long time, my desire to actually try new builds no longer ends when I leave the "Talent Calculator" screen.

For the first time in a long time, I no longer look at a Wildwood and sigh audibly because I don't feel like the Wildwood is all I'll be seeing in my one night of rifting: something is bound to be just around the corner.

For the first time in a long time, when I get a piece of loot I wanted that rolls the exact opposite of how I wanted to be, I no longer sign off for the night contemplating quitting the game for good, but instead say "Well I'll just use this, I'm sure I'll get a better one here soon." This point if you didn't know, repeats ad infinitum until I get an absolutely maxed out piece of gear.

I'm having fun hunting for loot. I feel like being a rift runner instead of a rift opener is actually worth my time. I'm excited whenever some "could be good, I may build around this" loot drops instead of going "No, this isn't the piece I need for the build that will allow me to actually farm for gear at a decent rate."

Does this patch mean that Diablo III is now a perfect game and everything is wonderful? No, of course not. Did this patch help make the game fun again? Absolutely. Will I be sticking around if the buff stays temporary so I can go back to the way things were? Not on your life.

Make of that what you will.
Games feels right and just now

The game is FUN now
Diablo 3 would be great if they wont take away this drop rate. I feel the old drop rate is a bot too low and mostly i get crappy legs out of it.
05/15/2014 10:50 AMPosted by Hyperactive
sry but i dont think so

im getting like 2-4 legs per T6 rift and we take ~ 9-13 min per run. And when you factor the blood shards spending, seems like too easy, but then again...the buff is temporary so i could care less.

It sounds like you've already "won" the endgame so.....
The legendary drop rate where it is now is enough to yield 0-2 legendaries per full act bounty clear in my experience. Those seem like good numbers for a full act bounty clear.
Glad others feel this is where the game should be.

Its sad because it'll be gone Thursday, but I feel almost like ...what games do i play that aren't fun? Its like I feel going back is a death sentence or something lol

Video games should be fun, the way its been has been fun without it feeling like I need to make this game a second job.

Ive gottwn stuff but there's still so much of like to do, but doing it under pre buff circumstances really sucks to think about.
I quit before the update that brought the infernal machine. Just logged on to the forum 5 minutes ago to see this kind of news..

I am reinstalling tonight. I knew that I just had to be patient :)
when the buff is gone, the game is gone from my pc also
NOT EVEN KIDDING
Sadly my addiction won't let me leave that easily.

I will still play, I just don't know why it can't stay.

I've so many items I gotta find better versions of.
I think that it is great, my only regrets is that I am out of the province until the 24th, so I will not even benefit from this buff, as I will not be playing the game. However, it is still great that Blizz does this!
Blizz had to know people would want it to stay.
Community Manager
This thread is a great example of this ongoing debate. I've been enjoying all of the responses I’ve been reading here, and in the other threads, too. Thanks for working to keep it constructive. :)

Out of sheer, goat-like curiosity, I'd like to gather specific feedback by asking some targeted questions. Please feel to chime in (and, if you can, indulge us with a bit more than a simple "yes" or "no" in response)!

• What specifically is it about the anniversary buff's increased drop rate that feels good?
  • What are you doing with the extra items you find?
    • Are you finding more upgrades?
    • Are you Enchanting more frequently?
    • Are you crafting more?

• Has the buff had any downsides or negative effects for you personally? If yes, what are they?
  • What game mode and difficulty level have you been playing on?
Edited by Lylirra on 5/19/2014 11:21 PM PDT
What specifically is it about the anniversary buff's increased drop rate that feels good?
A. What are you doing with the extra items you find?
B. Are you finding more upgrades?
C. Are you Enchanting more frequently?
D. Are you crafting more?

E. Has the buff had any downsides or negative effects for you personally? If yes, what are they?
F. What game mode and difficulty level have you been playing on?

A. Equipping after enchanting/salvaging.
B - D. Yes.
E. None.
F. T4 rifts.
Edited by Rafa#1668 on 5/19/2014 6:46 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]