Diablo® III

About That Helltooth Set...

Are there any high torment viable builds for that set? I completed this set at least 2x over, some slots 5x, and would like to utilize it. Seems like a sick RNG joke to get 5x Helltooth gloves when all I want is one Jade.

Is this just another poorly constructed legendary set forever meant to meet the blacksmith's hammer? With the same drop rate as the other "end game" sets, Zuni and Jade, it should be as awesome.

I would like to see the bonus and/or skills reworked so we could have another viable end game build. Post your thoughts and suggestions on how to make Wall of Zombies and the Helltooth actually worthy of end game status.

EDIT - Best Current Community Inspired Suggestion:

(4) Set: Reduce the cooldown of Wall of Zombies by 1 second each time your wall deals damage.

(6) Set: Wall of Zombies spews acid, dealing 500% weapon damage as Poison every second for its entire duration. Enemies damaged by the acid take 15% more damage.
Edited by Battlle#1551 on 5/11/2014 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
(6) Set: Wall of Zombies cast your equipped mana spenders.

Pet set, DoT set, and now nuke set.
Reply Quote
05/10/2014 05:15 PMPosted by Battlle
Is this just another poorly constructed legendary set forever meant to meet the blacksmith's hammer?

Precisely this. Helltooth is completely unusable and utterly terrible. I only call it Trolltooth.
Reply Quote
I was playing for a bit the other night and got a few set drops. waited until i was done for the night to id everything. somehow managed 4 set pieces that night, and was super pumped, as i assumed i would get a few more zunimassa pieces. Then I id and see I got two helltooth pieces, one invoker piece, and more blackthornes. Super depressing.
Reply Quote
I think the highest torment it could probably go up to is t3. I guess u could work on cooldown and get the wall of zombies to be a instant cast. I think it be pretty funny to spam a crap ton of zombie walls out.
Reply Quote
05/10/2014 05:31 PMPosted by Gastank
(6) Set: Wall of Zombies cast your equipped mana spenders.

Pet set, DoT set, and now nuke set.

Sounds like a tough build to control and properly setup DoT sets can essentially do this already.

05/10/2014 05:37 PMPosted by ynot
I think the highest torment it could probably go up to is t3. I guess u could work on cooldown and get the wall of zombies to be a instant cast. I think it be pretty funny to spam a crap ton of zombie walls out.

I could be down for this. Offer a flat time off the Wall of Zombies skill in addition to a higher poison output from the walls would make an interesting build. Make it so zero wall is possible with the right rolls, say about 40% CDR in addition to the set bonus. We utilize the helm and ditch the pants for Swamp Land Waders so we can stack poison damage. Alternatively, get a poison Andariel's and keep the pants. These are the build conversations we should be having when we find end game sets not renaming them "trolltooth" and instant salvages.

Keep this topic alive so we can help Blizzard make another viable end game build. Join the cause and make it worthy of that green light!
Edited by Battlle#1551 on 5/11/2014 5:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Suggestion:

4 piece: every time WoZ deals damage, its cooldown is reduced by 1 second.

6 piece: Wall of Zombies spews acid, dealing 500% weapon damage every second for its entire duration. Enemies damaged by the acid take 15% more damage. (Stacks with debuff of Piranhans.)
Edited by Wakeman#1773 on 5/11/2014 5:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I guess u could work on cooldown and get the wall of zombies to be a instant cast. I think it be pretty funny to spam a crap ton of zombie walls out.

Maybe fun to look at but someone tested that the acid does not stack.
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 05:16 AMPosted by Wakeman
I guess u could work on cooldown and get the wall of zombies to be a instant cast. I think it be pretty funny to spam a crap ton of zombie walls out.

Im well aware that it cant stack, it just be funny as hell to spam a lot of zombies on the map.

As to improving it's dmg, maybe add when wall of zombie's timer runs out it erupts 5-10yd of poison acid like acid cloud and does 300% more dmg. Which pretty much adding with the acid spew it will do 600% dmg plus poison ticks.
Edited by ynot#1852 on 5/11/2014 5:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 05:25 AMPosted by ynot

Im well aware that it cant stack, it just be funny as hell to spam a lot of zombies on the map.

As to improving it's dmg, maybe add when wall of zombie's timer runs out it erupts 5-10yd of poison acid like acid cloud and does 300% more dmg. Which pretty much adding with the acid spew it will do 600% dmg plus poison ticks.

WoZ without cooldown may break the game even if it is not OP by itself then, as a lot of mobs can't pass through it. In that case, WD will be the best "tank" for T6 by spamming WoZ whole screen, then three other glass cannons dps down the mobs.

On the other hand, I suggested earlier that GotD's cooldown should go away, though this is another story.....
Reply Quote

Don't think anybody has bothered figuring out the mechanics of WoZ due to how useless this build is overall. I like your SMK inspired CDR idea for 4PC, would make CDR gear essentially unneeded. Proper placement and game-play would play more of a role then just spam casting a 0 cooldown WoZ.

For six piece though I don't know what a realistic percentage would be but 500% sounds a lot better then the anemic 300% it currently has. Also, I would add that it should change all WoZ damage into poison.
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 05:35 AMPosted by Wakeman
WoZ without cooldown may break the game even if it is not OP by itself then, as a lot of mobs can't pass through it. In that case, WD will be the best "tank" for T6 by spamming WoZ whole screen, then three other glass cannons dps down the mobs.

On the other hand, I suggested earlier that GotD's cooldown should go away, though this is another story.....

WD as the best tank would just be funny. Hell Barbs and Monks want to take away the DPS crown us squishy classes have so we might as well take away their tank crown.
Edited by Battlle#1551 on 5/11/2014 5:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 05:35 AMPosted by Wakeman

Thats fine that u disagree, im not saying my ideas are gonna hit the jackpot on the first try. At least we have something to work with. Come up with an idea then tweak it. Till it is good.

If ur that concerned about the spam that we wont take any dmg then instead of zombies spewing out poison, as soon as they're summoned they will explode 5-10 yd 400-500% poison acid. It is gonna be pretty close to corpse bomb except it has a bigger radius due to the wall being a bit big and it poisons enemies. Essentially being a better version of corpse bomb.
Edited by ynot#1852 on 5/11/2014 6:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@ynot

Check post #7, Wakeman has provided a great alternative to just a flat out reduction.

We need someone to shoot down the ideas that would simply throw this into OP territory as Blizzard would not even consider them. Trying for decently balanced ideas that would make this set worthy of end game status while not breaking the game.

With that said a cooldown restriction might be a way to go. Say max times it can proc is every other second?
Edited by Battlle#1551 on 5/11/2014 6:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 05:12 AMPosted by Wakeman
Suggestion:

4 piece: every time WoZ deals damage, its cooldown is reduced by 1 second.

6 piece: Wall of Zombies spews acid, dealing 500% weapon damage every second for its entire duration. Enemies damaged by the acid take 15% more damage. (Stacks with debuff of Piranhans.)

@battle

He pretty much said the same thing as me...Wall of Z is 8 secs. and by having a 4 piece set that reduces everytime it deals dmg combined with grave injustice. The zombies only has to atk 4 times. That is pretty much a spammable.

Even with pirahnado is 15 secs cooldown, and with grave injustice u can pretty much get a cast every other pack. If ur gonna do a cdr on the helltooth set then u would have to increase the Wall of Z to 15 secs like soul harvest or piranhado. Even jade harvest depends on soul harvest for the nuke and 15 secs isnt to long of a cooldown.
Edited by ynot#1852 on 5/11/2014 6:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@battle

He pretty much said the same thing as me...Wall of Z is 8 secs. and by having a 4 piece set that reduces everytime it deals dmg combined with grave injustice. The zombies on has to atk 4 times. That is pretty much a spammable.

Yes and no, placement would play more of a roll with the other idea and a restriction could be added to make it so you can't simply fill the screen with WoZ. Your idea is still viable but a "casting" delay would have to be present and I'm personally not a big fan of those.

Feel you should be rewarded if you utilize some skill when playing instead of just spam casting.
Edited by Battlle#1551 on 5/11/2014 6:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Since wakeman mention being tanky. I wouldnt mind having a build that would make WD tanky. Of course we would have to sacrifice some dps.

4 set: Lowers Wall of Z 2 secs
Increases armor 50%(Horify has a rune that does this so this is not op)(I guess if u did use horrify's rune it might be op)

6 set: Wall of zombie summons around the WD(Like cold bears) deals 500% poison over 3 secs
Edited by ynot#1852 on 5/11/2014 6:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@battle

Even with pirahnado is 15 secs cooldown, and with grave injustice u can pretty much get a cast every other pack. If ur gonna do a cdr on the helltooth set then u would have to increase the Wall of Z to 15 secs like soul harvest or piranhado. Even jade harvest depends on soul harvest for the nuke and 15 secs isnt to long of a cooldown.

Yeah but ideally you wouldn't want to burn a passive skill slot on grave injustice just to make the build viable. It's a tough nut to crack balancing everything but we all agree that in the current state it is a joke. Might be enough to simply raise the CDR to 3 seconds but seriously buff the 6 piece damage.

Keep the discussion rolling people.
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 06:22 AMPosted by Battlle

Yeah but ideally you wouldn't want to burn a passive skill slot on grave injustice just to make the build viable.

Thats the thing though. Ppl using zuni set uses grave injustice and ppl using jade set have it on still too. I guess it would be nice to not waste a slot for that because it is only a 8 sec move.
Reply Quote
View profile
1. I think Wall of Zombies damage has to be quadrupled 800% over 4 seconds
I explain that in detail in this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505891570

2. I think Wakeman has the right idea
I would -
A. simply give a flat out reduction
B. remove the damage amp, since we quadrupled WoZ damage
C. simplify the wording of 6pc

4pc - Reduce cooldown to 0 seconds (down from 6)
6pc - Wall of Zombies spews acid dealing 2000% weapon damage over 4 seconds (up from 1200%)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]