Diablo® III

About That Helltooth Set...

here i got legacy item to make it no CD at all. pair that with the helltooth set and you can endlessly spam taunting wall that spawn fetishes and one of the highest loh proc of wd skill. Youll fill the entire screen with taunting wall for no mana, stack lot of ias and its nice.
Reply Quote
05/10/2014 05:31 PMPosted by Gastank
(6) Set: Wall of Zombies cast your equipped mana spenders.

Pet set, DoT set, and now nuke set.

This would be every Witch Doctor's Wall of Zombies Fanatic dream come true :')

05/11/2014 06:27 PMPosted by IIIPowerIII
endlessly spam taunting wall that spawn fetishes

They spawn fietishes, but they will do very low damage without Mask of Jeram and Thasker and Theo...

highest loh proc of wd skill.

It is ONE of the highest LoH proc (rain of toads etc), but you require Average range to be within, very risky if you're dealing with Vortex/firechains/Poison/molten or Act 5 Mobs.. You won;t even get back 10% of your life or deal average damage before you are 1 shot.

Youll fill the entire screen with taunting wall for no mana, stack lot of ias and its nice.

Yes, I agree. Very nice and awesome animation. But the utility, not so nice.. Sure, you can taunt them unlimitedly but what's the point of going as this inbetween dps and support which can;t even do both its roles properley? A full Witch Doctor group sufficiently geared for Jade can clear T6 very decently without this so called "support" and helltooth set with legacy items pale in comparison with what fully geared zero dogs can offer as support :/

They need to allow acid to stack again for wall of zombies. This will only make it on-par with sets like Jade harvester's but even than, the acid stack abillity is nothing compared to the Jade Set's Glass Cannon play style where you just heavy nuke.
Edited by WonderTroll#1830 on 5/11/2014 8:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've got some nice legacy WOZ gear and I am determined to make the 0 CD WOZ WD work. I have a nice maras, skull grasp, perfect SOJ, and a few mojos including a totd with socket incase I need pick up radius. However, even though I will be spamming WOZ, helltooth doesn't seem worth it. I would rather utilize the walls for its tactical advantages such as positioning, loh, and fetish generation and use items like T&T and MOJ.

I don't think the helltooth poison should stack. This would encourage people to use legacy items, which I am sure blizzard doesn't want. Instead the poison should be massively buffed. Wearing a 6 piece set needs to come with a massive benefit. Easiest solution is to give the poison more damage, but to me that is boring. I would much prefer to see the acid have some sort of powerful mob debuff built into it. For example, it could reduce mob damage or increase damage mobs take, or something more creative like mob losing a small life % per second, or the acid destroys walls made by elites.
Reply Quote
I've got some nice legacy WOZ gear and I am determined to make the 0 CD WOZ WD work. I have a nice maras, skull grasp, perfect SOJ, and a few mojos including a totd with socket incase I need pick up radius. However, even though I will be spamming WOZ, helltooth doesn't seem worth it. I would rather utilize the walls for its tactical advantages such as positioning, loh, and fetish generation and use items like T&T and MOJ.

I don't think the helltooth poison should stack. This would encourage people to use legacy items, which I am sure blizzard doesn't want. Instead the poison should be massively buffed. Wearing a 6 piece set needs to come with a massive benefit. Easiest solution is to give the poison more damage, but to me that is boring. I would much prefer to see the acid have some sort of powerful mob debuff built into it. For example, it could reduce mob damage or increase damage mobs take, or something more creative like mob losing a small life % per second, or the acid destroys walls made by elites.

I agree if they are going to fix the helltooth set they should not design it with legacy items.
Reply Quote
I just don't see how this set could ever be useful. Tiki Visage + Borns set + Capt's set accomplishes anything this build could ever hope to. This combo can be run with Zuni set too, whereas Helltooth cannot.

One of the biggest problems I see with this set is that right now, in order to do any significant damage at higher torment levels, you HAVE to be running jade or fetish, and this set allows neither. I spent a chunk of my weekend crafting/rolling gear to try to get away from fetishes, but WD's just dont have any dps that compares to them aside from a full jade set.
Edited by d3tox#1477 on 5/12/2014 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The acid damage is very underwhelming, and I'm pretty sure it's physical.

Offensive Line works on elites, I like that rune a lot better than Wrecking Crew with 0 CDR legacy gear.

It's works on T3, albeit slowly. it's just hard to play that when Jade one shots almost anything on T5.
Reply Quote
Such a cool looking set...that is useless and does not even unlock a transmog...of course i collected it twice over, while i still have to complete Jade :/

Anyways, my 2 grains of salt. Lots of lameish unique mods that sum for something greater :P. Also, 2 bonuses per tier, like Zuni!

(2) Set
+500 Intelligence
Your Zombie Dogs and Piranhas inflict Bleed for 300% weapon damage over 5 seconds.

-The shoulders are Piranha Themed and the Helm looks like a zombie dog...so...The effect applies over Creeping Death btw.

(4) Set
Reduces the Cooldowns and Cost of Physical Realm Spells by 25%
Increase attack speed of your pets by 30~40% (?)

(6) Set
Wall of Zombies gains every rune and spews acid, dealing 300% weapon damage every second for its entire duration.

-Now it Taunts, Knock Backs, Slows, reachs wider and spawn useless zombie torsos (that need new funky hats).

And since I'm here :D

===Jade Harvester===

Now the final effect deals LESS damage (for my Jade wielding friends to say that is OP...), but you can use more often! So it kinda evens out...

(2) Set
+500 Intelligence
+15 to Mana after Each Kill (More thematically fitting)

(4) Set
Haunt gains the effect of the Resentful Spirits Rune (Doublecast!)
Reduce your cooldowns by 1 second per each Harvested Enemy

(6) set
Soul Harvest consumes your damage over time effects on enemies, instantly dealing their remaining damage. (Consumes less ticks than before!)

===Zunimassa===

The bonuses are fine, i would only increase the all resist to 100 and the mana regen to 10~15

===Manajuma===

You, your Zombie Dogs and Gargantua are surrounded by a deadly cloud of poison, dealing 100% weapon damage per second as poison (I think it currently does that)
Reply Quote
View profile
Helltooth set needs a buff. Bump
Edited by JangBahadur#1968 on 5/14/2014 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
(2) Set:
+500 Intelligence
(4) Set:
Reduces cooldown of Wall of Zombies TO 2 seconds. (Witch Doctor Only)
(6) Set:
Wall of Zombies spews acid, dealing 1000% weapon damage every second for its entire duration.
Radius of spew is 24 yards.

/sorted
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]